• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Road to Pokemon Master! OOC Thread

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    We're creating something new, then 8D breaking new ground.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    Well it is sad that Nukoe disappears like that, but I'm sure she won't mind if we keep her RP alive, even if we have to sort of take it over. As long as we don't stray from her story line and stick to the proper Pokemon on the proper routes, etc. Also I think she was using dice or something to decide if you caught a Pokemon and what gender it would be. I'm not sure how, but maybe we could do that just so it's fair, and the way she was doing it. :S Maybe like, if it's an even number you get the Pokemon, if not you don't catch it. Then roll another time and if it's odd it's male, if it's even it's female, or something. I don't know. If she wasn't using dice then I have no idea where I got that from but hey, I think it's a good idea.

And as long as we keep track of our battles and everything we can probably remember what levels our Pokemon should be at and what moves they should be learning. I'm new to RPing but I can't see anything wrong with helping keep an RP alive if the person who started it isn't around for a while. I'm hoping Nukoe does remember about us and get on soon though if she can. :P

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Well okay then. But still, what about that Slowpoke? I honestly don't care if I don't catch it but I still need to know in order to proceed. So who shall be the person that decides that?

But if dice is the way we are going to go I have a huge bag of 'em with every kind of dice there is: 4 sided, 6 sided, 8 sided, 10 sided, 12 sided, and 20 sided.

One more thing. I might be inactive for a few days as I will probably be leaving today or tomorrow or something like that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think we all can agree on what pokés should be found on each route, as the games makes it pretty clear ^^

As for your slowpoke, Noob, I'd say it's ok for you to have it, because I don't really mind ^^

We could use dices, at least when determining gender... but don't you think it'd be too frustrating if you got unlucky several times in a row when trying to catch a pokémon? ^^' I think we shouldn't use a dice when determining pokémon capture success/fail... most of the time, I think you should get the pokémon :3 But for gender, yes! And I trust you guys to be honest~

Ok, Noob, see you in a few days :) have a good time.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    I dunno how else we could determine catch/fail so let's just go with that, RHCP. As for level when captured I guess we can just make that up depending on where it's found and how far along we are?

And yes Noob, you might as well take that Slowpoke! Slowpoke is so cute. I think my character needs to interact with you and it sometime in the future, lmao. ;)

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    I'm sorry it has been a really hectic week. I'll try and post something ASAP.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    It's okay, Pony. Stuff happens. ^_^

Since Nukoe isn't here, should we keep track of our Pokemon's level and moves learned ourselves? I'm looking at Bulbapedia. My Mime Jr. has been in two battles so far (well one is going on) and since we've said that Claudia is going to win, it should definitely have gone up at least two levels by now, yea? On Bulbapedia it's supposed to learn Meditate at level 8, so should we just go with that the next time it battles and wins? :/

I think we can all be honest and just look on Bulbapedia to see which moves we learn. I dunno. I just don't want this RP to die.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Can you link me where on Bulbapedia you look? Because I'm usually using this, and if they are correct you should be able to use either ^^ latest gen (5) of course, since it has the most attacks~

But yeah, I think a pokémon should get a level every time it participates with more than one attack in a battle. Because if we only give levels when a pokémon wins, they will grow very slowly...

And we trust each other alright, so I think it's cool for us to keep track on our own levels.

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    I have just realized that this is a the first time I have role played a battle. Yay :)

& I agree with the levels and stuff, but are we allowed to continue a role play without a Role Play Master? Does that make sense? Cause like, this is her role play and everything.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hm, true... My internet got down for a week once when I was GMing an RP, and during that time the RPers had gotten crazy and invented an Evil Team and waah xD

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    Bahahahahaha! That's hilarious. No offense or anything. :3

Like, I'm just afraid that Nukoe was planning some sort of event in the future or blah blah blah.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah... I see your point. I'll wait before going into Viridian Forest then.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    RHCP, I can't post a link because I'm on my phone but when I look on Bulbapedia I just search the Pokemon, then there's a section where it says which moves they learn and at what level. Then they also have the ones they're able to learn by TM and stuff. Pony I won't be able to post again until later tomorrow just so you know. :P (I can't make spaces between paragraphs on here...) As for waiting for Nukoe, I guess maybe we should wait. :/ But I have a feeling the RP will die if we wait too long for her. We can only hang out in Viridian City so long before we get bored. :P But hey this is only my first RP so I don't know how this usually works.

Ponee

You light up my world ♥
    Years
    • (:
    • Seen Apr 21, 2015
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bulbapedia

^^ There's Bulbapedia, it is just like wikipedia, expect it is ALL about Pokemon. :D

& I understand what you mean about the role play dying...I mean we just gotta go through Virdian Forest, I mean I don't think there would be anything interesting happening there, maybe just a chance to catch Pokemon?

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
    So, how do we keep track of our Pokémon's levels without Nukoe editing the first page? Just in case, this is mine:
    Spoiler:

EDIT: And I kind of really really really really really want to move onto the next route now.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I won't be posting until Nukoe comes back. Just so you know. Iwasapony pretty much convinced me.

And the lesson to be learned from this? Don't start a RP if you don't have time. ( I really hope there hasn't been some kind of accident or something that's preventing her from getting on)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I guess so. Sad but that happens sometimes.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    Well since no one else is going to post, I won't post anymore either. Sorry Pony! But I do see that we're going to be in a new RP together, the Argeth Region Championship one. Maybe our characters will meet up and battle in that sometime. ^_^

And even though it didn't last very long, this was a great first-experience RP for me. xD

Back