• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Road to Pokemon Master! OOC Thread

Nukoe

Miss Expendable
Years
  • SUs STILL AVAILABLE!

Greetings everyone. Tomorrow is a big day for all boys and girls who are at the age of ten. As you know, we're giving out Pokemon to those who wish to begin their new adventure to becoming a Pokemon Master!

We're proud to announce that there are now five regions discovered which means that this journey will be long and filled with adventure. Unfortunately, the only way to travel to a new region is to make it to the end of the region you are on.

Along your journey, there will be gym battles, rivals, villains, surprises and so much more!

It's your adventure, it's your decision who is close to you, who is rival to you, who your team is, whether you choose to have your Pokemon team as friends, pets or mistreat them.

As you know, our Pokemon stock is limited, not everybody can become a Pokemon master, you know. So arrive on time and you may be one to receive a new companion.

On the television was no other than Professor Oak. You begin in the region of Kanto, so let's talk signing up.

Our Pokemon Available:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

::TRAINERS::

:: Piper- Female
    Spoiler:

::Akura- Female
    Spoiler:

::Tenzai- Male
    Spoiler:

::Tillie- Female
    Spoiler:

::Theodore- Male
    Spoiler:

::Leone- Male
    Spoiler:

I will provide the routes, the Pokemon found on the routes, and just to keep things fair, I will determine whether or not you successfully capture a Pokemon or not. I will tell you when your Pokemon are ready to level up and evolve.

Your Pokemon can only have 4 moves at a time like in the Pokemon games, so choose wisely.

There is only ONE Pokemon of each type that Professor Oak gives away.

Yay, ok let's begin!

Spoiler:

Please post your SUs here. Also, side conversation is welcome here. (:

Of course, SUs are not EXPECTED to be here, the Roleplay is open to post on as well. Any questions or comments meant for me or a group discussion is more than welcome here.

:D Also, feedback about the Roleplay is VERY helpful! After all, I am pretty new to this type of thing.

Last edited:

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • (OOC: I might not be able to finish my SU now, so would you mind if I reserve Pichu?)
    (OOC: Done, I guess. Please feel free to criticize the shortness.)

Name: Leone Storm

Appearance: Leone stands at a height of 5'11".
    His skin is as pale as his need for guidance. He has hair as black as his horrible past and eyes as red as his desire for revenge. He wears a black jacket with red designs at both the lower left corner and right of it, over his red shirt with the number "25" at the back. Black pants covers the lower part of his body. He wears black sneakers with a little red on top of it. His leg has a scar on it, caused by an accident while running away from someone. Weirdly, the scar is shaped like an R.

(I think I'm gonna need to make this longer, but for now...)

Personality:
    At first look, it may seem that Leone is a nice person, but alas, looks can be deceiving. The only thing he cares about is winning. He may even let his Pokemon suffer just to win a battle. He never cared for weak Pokemon and would only capture what he think is worthy. However, in the best of times, he is a calm and polite person. Unfortunately, "the best of times" rarely ever comes. Leone doesn't like talking about his past and is rather, very quiet. The only Pokemon that he swore he would take care of, is his first Pokemon.

(This, too. For now, please let them be. I'm kind of short in time.)

History:
    As a kid, Leone was a happy-go-lucky boy. He comes from an average family living an average life...or so he thought. Secretly, his father used to work as a Team Rocket Admin but he quit some time when Leone was born. For a full five years, Leone and his family lived a happy life. Until one day, his father received a note. He kept it secret from everyone and never spoke about it, even once.

After two years of nothing, while Leone and his family was on a hiking trip on Mt. Moon, a group of Team Rocket Grunts ambushed them. That was the time his father told them about his past job in the Team Rocket business. He said he received a death threat a year ago saying Team Rocket will kill his family if he doesn't return in one year. The Grunt offered him to change his mind one last time. Before he answered, he gave Leone a Pokeball and asked him to raise it properly. He told the little boy to run away and go to the nearest Pokemon Center, but Leone insisted and tried to defend his family with the Pokemon given to him.

He threw it in the air and it opened in mid-air. A white light beamed out of it and revealed a purple monkey with a hand-tail. Leone never saw anything like it in the whole Kanto region, but he didn't mind it anyway. There was only one thing that was going on his mind: he needed to protect his family. The Grunt sent out his own Pokemon, an Arbok. One thing slipped Leone's mind: he didn't know how Pokemon battles went. There was nothing he could do but swallow his pride and watch as his Pokemon got beaten in the battle. His father yelled at him, telling him to call out his Pokemon and just run away. This time, Leone did so. He ran as fast as he could as tears fell from his eyes.

He never talked about what happened after he ran away, and he never heard from his family ever again. He had no relatives to stay with so he had to be sent to an orphanage in Viridian City. Whenever he remembers about the harsh past, he just kept saying one thing, "I would've won if that Aipom wasn't so pathetic."

(Please tell me if anything's wrong here, I'll be happy to fix it.)

(Note: He released Aipom while running away from the grunt and the R-shaped scar means nothing significant.)

Pokemon: Pichu
    Nickname: Peech
    Move set: Thundershock, Charm

Pallet Town

When the bus Leone took finally arrived in Pallet Town, he stood up quietly and headed towards the bus doors. As he took his steps out of the bus, he immediately had a smell of the sweet nature surrounding him. It made him a bit calm and relaxed for a moment. He walked around the town for a while, looking for a particular place where he should be right now. After a while of walking, he stumbled upon a little girl with a Marill. She was grooming it and it seemed like they were having fun. It made Leone sick to see such a sight. He sees Pokemon as creatures who were made to be powerful for their masters, not to be cared for. He snubbed the little girl and turned around. There he saw what he was looking for, Prof. Oak's Lab.

He entered the lab without respect to whoever was there, and asked to see Prof. Oak.

"Oh, you must be Mr. Storm. I have received note of your coming. Well, here's your PokeDex and you may now choose your first Pokemon-" he pointed to a desk with various Pokeballs, "-go ahead and decide."

"I want the Pichu." Leone replied coldly.

He grabbed the ball and the red device and left the building without a single word. As soon as he was out of the lab, he pointed the red sphere on the ground, somehow causing it to open and releasing a red light. The red light formed a small rodent-like thing that stood up on two legs. When the red light disappeared, it revealed a small ground-dwelling rodent. Its fur is very short, and it is pale yellow in color. The tips of its large ears are black, and it has additional black markings on its neck and tail. Its tail is short, but still bears some resemblance to a large lightning-bolt. It has pouches in its cheeks, which are pinkish colored. Its nose is extremely small, almost like a dot.

"Peech!" it said happily.

"Listen up, pipsqueak. I'm gonna be your master, and your gonna listen to what I'm gonna say, you got that?" he said harshly.

The jolly Pichu got scared of his new master, who it thought was a kind and gentle fellow. It bent its head lower so that his master's face will not be visible to him. It nodded, and after two minutes, it hopped back and returned from its previous state, jolly. Leone smirked and headed for Route 01 to get his Pokemon ready for his first gym battle.

[Hmm, I think I'll call this one Peech] Leone said in his mind.

Nukoe

Miss Expendable
    Years
  • Lol, I'm almost afraid to allow you to have Pichu and Eevee... But, this could also be interesting. A villain, huh?

Alright, you are Accepted, but find some way to stall your character long enough so that he doesn't rush too far ahead.

Your stuff is really short, but I'm sure more will be thought up and reveled as you play. That's what happens with me anyway.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • Yay thanks! :D

I promise to reveal more of Leo's personality/background as he goes through the region ;)

I'm on my way to post on the RP thread.

Cross that. I just ran out of time. I think I'll be able to start RPing tomorrow.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    An Eevee in a pokéball? Interesting! Is it a treat for the first 7 players who sign up? ;)

I like that the RP is pretty free, and I'm looking forward to traveling together with some of the other players.

Also... could my Eevee be female? :) Since you didn't specify... I was thinking we probably could choose. I'm planning to let Eevee be the only female on my team (as far as I can but I guess you decide later on) because of Akura's discomfort around girls ^^

Last edited:

Nukoe

Miss Expendable
    Years
  • Lol, that's fine RHCP. I was planning on giving Piper an all female team, at least for the Kanto journey.

I'm happy that you like the Roleplay, yes, I'm trying to give a lot of free will to see how things erupt. Yeah, I figured that everybody loves Eevee, and it's so versatile. ^^ Glad you like it.

Yes, it can be female. :P I didn't specify because, indeed, I wanted to allow you guys the option, for at least one. Since you requested an all male team (aside from Eevee) I'm going to go ahead and grant it (at least for the Kanto region).

Looks like we've got a bit of a rivalry going on, two if you count Cleffa and Togepi. xD

Also, please try not to associate my persona with Piper's. (: I'm actually pretty nice!

Lol, that's fine RHCP. I was planning on giving Piper an all female team, at least for the Kanto journey.

I'm happy that you like the Roleplay, yes, I'm trying to give a lot of free will to see how things erupt. Yeah, I figured that everybody loves Eevee, and it's so versatile. ^^ Glad you like it.

Yes, it can be female. :P I didn't specify because, indeed, I wanted to allow you guys the option, for at least one. Since you requested an all male team (aside from Eevee) I'm going to go ahead and grant it (at least for the Kanto region).

Looks like we've got a bit of a rivalry going on, two if you count Cleffa and Togepi. xD

Also, please try not to associate my persona with Piper's. (: I'm actually pretty nice!

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Perfect! And don't worry, same here with the personalities ^^ Akura feels Piper isn't really a person she'd be able to have a good conversation with, but its my character's thoughts and myself, I'm actually quite bubbly and like cute things xD

I think I'm gonna wait for others to post before posting again myself and stepping up on route 1.

Tehila

Just here for the cake. (:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2011
    Hey everyone. (:

Just wanted to come in here and say hello, so you don't think I'm like, antisocial or something. Lol.

I hope nobody minds, but I'd much rather find some companions for Tallie to travel around with. Roleplaying with myself doesn't exactly sound too exciting. Heh. Also, we'll for sure have to battle them sometime Nukoe.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    If it's not too much trouble, I've decided that my Eevee has no nickname and is male. I don't know what I should do about nicknames, maybe if we keep the Name Rater I'll name my Pokemon there.

Also a question: Are we allowed to decide if our Pokemon are shiny or not? I actually have something in mind for aorund the time I get to the Rock Tunnel and it has something to do with a shiny Pokemon. If we are allowed to decide, I won't make all of my Pokemon shiny, most likely it will be just this one that I have in mind.

Also, Tehila, I'd travel with you if you like. RHCP and I already have something sorta planned that involves travelling together so if RHCP still agrees to this, we could be a proper trio.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'd love for Akura to travel with Theo and Tallie! I can see the trio in front of me ^^

Nukoe

Miss Expendable
    Years
  • Ok, the site was down for a while and so I could not post. So here we go.

Piper will eventually become a part of the group. She's just stubborn and snobby.

Message me about what you'd want the shiny to be, I'm not too enthusiastic about shiny Pokemon... But I can make exceptions. Ya have to convince me in Roleplay and in Ooc. :P

RHCP asked me a question via PM that I think I should share with you all. He asked if we could capture Pokemon and use the PC to store them. Yes, we can, but there are side effects. Like unhappiness and unwillingness to battle.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    @ Noob Hacker - Or we could just meet on route 1 somewhere? ^^ But maybe it's better to get through route 1 pretty fast and meet in Viridian. I was thinking a walk to Viridian takes about one day... Unless someone else thinks differently, we could all meet at the pokémon center there in the evening? If nothing unexpected happens, of course ^^

@Nukoe - Why does Piper call her pokémon "Eves" or something instead of the nickname she gave it? xD

Nukoe

Miss Expendable
    Years
  • RHCP, lol well it's my own personal force of habit. Loves, Sweets, Clefs, Eves, Babes, etc. xD And then I saw that you named your Eevee Eve. I'm gonna put a cap on the pet names for them.

Remnants

Bringer of Hope
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Can I reserve Munchlax? Where I am, it's really late, so I can't started on the SU until tomorrow.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
    Years
  • Just finished my first RP post. Hope that was good enough XD

And I can only post at least once a day, so, sorry 'bout that. Also, if we were to decide Eevee's gender, I want mine to be male. I think one female crybaby Pichu will be enough trouble for Leo. Nickname... I haven't decided yet. I'll have Leo decide once he catches that pesky critter. I forgot how tough it was to think of creative posts with a 'villainous' character :nervous:

Nukoe

Miss Expendable
    Years
  • Lol, you did good Ash. Once a day, :P You may fall behind but I'm sure you can make up for lost time. And sure, I think my Eevee has found a crush. xD

Tehila, I'm fine with whatever Metronome move you choose, as long as you're modest about it -- which I know you will be. :P

Oh and Ash, please PM me saying which Eeveelution you'd like to have.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I really shouldn't be posting more than once a day :x I've got a lot of things I should be taking care of offline. But I like RPing and PC xD *is bad*

Back