• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Road to VGC! (Part 2)

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
  • So, onto part two! How will this one be different from the last one, you ask? Read on.

This time, you will have the opportunity to think about and build a team for yourself. You will be assigned a personal tutor and learn the ins and outs of battling, threats, team building, and strategy. When you feel your team is ready, you can challenge the tutors as well as everyone else who completed their training. Your tutors can be found on Trade Corner's chat. Yeah, we're rarely on PC's Showdown (/shrug).

What's so special about this one? Well! You can gain points for defeating a tutor or challenger! When you obtain a certain number of points, you will receive a prize, namely one RNG'd AND trained Pokemon of your choice (if available)! Your choice may be anything you wish, as long as it is possible for one of us to obtain for you. The maximum number of prizes you can earn is 6, so essentially, you may gain a free VGC team, if you choose so.

Rules:
    - All battles will take place on PC's Showdown server
    - All battles will be in doubles VGC
    - Item Clause: All Pokemon must be carrying a different item
    - Species Clause: All Pokemon must be of different species
    - The following Pokemon are banned: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Chatot, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect
    - The following moves are banned: Sky Drop, Dark Void
    - All participants must not use unreleased Dream World Abilities or items
    - Students may not battle against trainers and other students
    - You may not battle a trainer more than once in the last 5 battles (effective only if there are enough participants among the tutors and trainers)
    - Points will not start to accumulate until you reach Trainer status with the sole exception of winning against your tutor​

Side rules:
    - Report your wins here in a new post
    - Both sides must confirm their battle
    - When claiming a prize, please VM me exactly what you want, including: IVs, nature, etc.​

Scoring:
    Tutors - 5 points
    Trainers - 2 points
    Losses - 0.5 point​

Prizes at:
    10 points
    30 points
    60 points
    100 points
    150 points
    200 points​

Sign-ups for tutoring will begin immediately and will not be closed until October (giving everyone plenty of opportunity here). Please include your PS name when signing up. Sign-ups to be a tutor will be accepted but I will not add you until I or another tutor tests your mettle.

The event will end the week before the first set of regionals of October. You have one month to get yourself whipped into shape!

The tutors:
    Griffinbane (Griffy)
    TheGr8
    tman109ner

The trainers:
    Ooka

The students:
    Jolteon* (nemaizels)
    cbd98 (cbd98) - 10 points

Extras:
    Dates and locations for confirmed and yet-unconfirmed 2014 Regionals locations

Last edited:

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    I'll sign up too, PS name is cbd98.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • Yep, I'll add you both in. For now I'll put you both under students until I can test out your teams. If you two can battle well, I'll bump you up to trainers but that won't disqualify you from seeking tutoring, just lets you start brawling. ;)

VM me whenever you wanna set up a battle.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • I'd like to join, just hopefully this one won't be cancelled half way through. xD So yeah, sign me up.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • You don't have to confirm our battles cbd, since I'm the one who lost against you. Heh. 2 wins for you and you now qualify for a prize. Enjoy!

Back