• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: The Rocket Chronicles

Denali

C++ Programmer
    Years
    The Rocket Chronicles
    Chapter 1:
    BlackIce

Basic Information
    Hack Name: The Rocket Chronicles
    Author: Denali
    Hack Of: Fire Red

Overview
    The Rocket Chronicles are a series of Pokémon hacks. The world is set 10 years after Generation 2 and is based on the Pokémon Anime, with some Pokémon Adventures references. The story revolves around an investigator, named Aaron. Aaron is the leader of an investigative team, called "Army of Truth."

The Series
    1) BlackIce
    2) Homeland
    3) WaterFire
    4) Redemption

In The Beginning....
    It is 10 years after the fall of the powerful organization known as Team Rocket. The Pokémon World is at peace.
    Until....

You are the leader of a famous investigative team. Receiving a call from the legendary Professor Oak, you and your team travel to Kanto on an investigation. Eventually settling in, you and your best friend, whom happens to be apart of your team, set out to talk to the professor. Finally reaching Oak's lab, he fills you in on the details. He says 'strange things' have been going on near Pallet Town and Viridian City. He talks about how many people have had things stolen from them and need help. Apparently the police have tried to investigate but have been utterly useless. Then Gary Oak appears, reminding Oak that his grandson has returned from Sinnoh. He introduces him to you, but you seem suspicious of him. Gary then leaves, saying he must attend to his Gym duties. Professor Oak explains how many of his things have been stolen. You then ask Oak if you can hack into Gary's computer. Oak says that Gary is definitely innocent, and proceeds to say that Gary is always on the computer working on 'official business'. So your tech buddy hacks into the computer, unlocking a database full of reports sent to "The Shadow." You, Oak, and your best friend warp to Viridian City, confronting Gary. Defeating him easily, he admits his deceit and shows his true face: an impostor! Oak calls and sends word to the Viridian Police, and they take him to jail.

Main Character's
    Aaron
    The main character (You) is a 16 year old teenager. You have short cut brown hair, and a wide grin. A brown hat (like Indiana Jones) and a leather jacket is your outfit. You are very wise and noble at your young age, but have trust issues and a troubled past. You also tend to wonder off by yourself, discovering key clues. Sometimes this gets you in trouble as bad guys love to find you in this situation. Throughout the story you grow and become a man. You had a close relationship with your father, who was killed ten years ago.

Aaron's Parents
    When you sleep at night, you have nightmares. Terrifying dreams of your father and of your mother. Visions vein through your mind, reminding you of your terrible past. They remind you why you entered into the investigative business in the first place.

William
    The extreme foil of you, he is brutal and has pure anger and hatred in his heart. He also gathers a following of people (criminals, molesters, creepy people).

The Shadow
    Following you throughout the story, The Shadow appears somewhat connected to your past. However, not until the end of the storyline, and the beginning of the last hack of the game, do you get to battle him. The Shadow wears a long, black robe, and has a wicked smile.

David
    Your childhood companion, David has always stuck by your side, joining your investigation team when you formed it. He has silver hair, and tends to get the team into trouble.

Features

• Set 10 years after Generation II
    • Play the role of an investigator
    • Anime sized Pokémon World
    • Includes all Anime exclusive towns and areas
    • Discover your own past in an engrossing side plot
    • Tons of side quests to keep you busy
    • Tons of new/edited/redone sprites
    • New Gym Leader Storyline
    A Few Side Quests....
    The Start of a Legend - Help train Ash's kid, and help him get ready for the Pokémon League.
    Rise of William - An evil guy takes his band of men and destroys towns, kills people, and exploits Pokémon. You have to stop him.
    Mewtown Obsession - Can you catch Mew? A quest regarding Holon and their Mew obsession.

Screenies!

They are a little empty, I know....

The Rocket Chronicles
    The northernmost part of Pallet Town....

The Rocket Chronicles
    As you can see, Pallet Town is a lot bigger....

The Rocket Chronicles
    Another part of Pallet Town....

The Rocket Chronicles
    The new Oak Lab....

To Do List
    Beta 1
    Map Pallet Town
    Map Viridian City
    Map Route 1
    Write Route 1 Scripts
    Write Pallet Town Scripts
    Write Viridan City Scripts
    Make Growly Event
    Make Gary Event
    Make Oak Event
    Map Hideout
    Write Hideout Battles
    Write Hideout Events
    Map Inner Pallet Town
    Map Inner Viridian City

Bugs
    Beta 1
    None yet :)

Downloads
    None Yet :(

Last edited:

Denali

C++ Programmer
    Years
    Sounds cool and I think you should add Johto
    Yeah I'm starting to think I should too because they were in Johto at one point. Thanks for the support :)
    Another Team rocket hack, oh god, what has this community come to......
    There are alot except this this one focuses on the History and Tieing up the loose ends of Team Rocket. Hence the name, "The Team Rocket Chronicles." Of course there is a subplot with you entering Team Rocket, etc., but that'll just add to the story.

Denali

C++ Programmer
    Years
    New screenies showing the inside of the Pokémon Mansion! :)

Also, does anyone know how to change the inside of the Mansion from being eerie and mysterious to being normal? Fixed :)

Last edited:
    Years
    New screenies showing the inside of the Pokémon Mansion! :)

Also, does anyone know how to change the inside of the Mansion from being eerie and mysterious to being normal? Fixed :)

Lol. You hadn't changed the weather setting or something, right? :D
    anyway, it seems like a pretty solid idea, to me. Unfortunately, many will consider this as competition with Toxic Purple, which is a very popular (and clearly great) hack. I'm not saying you need to be better, but you may need to strive to get it noticed.
    And although the refurbished maps and such look okay (excepting the third one, which has stairs leading to nowhere), you have a little problem with regards to continuity.
    By gen II, Cinnabar Island had been obliterated by its Volcano, which only left the Pokemon Center. Now, three years... I dunno, is that realistic, to have a whole town rebuilt exactly as it was, three(or more) years after a Volcano erupted? You should change it around a bit- have new tiles for the PRS' outer building (as they wouldn't recycle a burned old building after it being destroyed by a volcano), reposition and change the NPCs, maybe even say Blaine's gym wasn't going to be rebuilt due to it now being on the Seafoam Islands. But definately, change around Kanto with regards to the events that had occurred in GSCHGSS, starting with Cinnabar. I hope this is constructive. Good luck, seems as though you're heading in the right direction, otherwise :)

Denali

C++ Programmer
    Years
    Lol. You hadn't changed the weather setting or something, right? :D
    anyway, it seems like a pretty solid idea, to me. Unfortunately, many will consider this as competition with Toxic Purple, which is a very popular (and clearly great) hack. I'm not saying you need to be better, but you may need to strive to get it noticed.
    And although the refurbished maps and such look okay (excepting the third one, which has stairs leading to nowhere), you have a little problem with regards to continuity.
    By gen II, Cinnabar Island had been obliterated by its Volcano, which only left the Pokemon Center. Now, three years... I dunno, is that realistic, to have a whole town rebuilt exactly as it was, three(or more) years after a Volcano erupted? You should change it around a bit- have new tiles for the PRS' outer building (as they wouldn't recycle a burned old building after it being destroyed by a volcano), reposition and change the NPCs, maybe even say Blaine's gym wasn't going to be rebuilt due to it now being on the Seafoam Islands. But definately, change around Kanto with regards to the events that had occurred in GSCHGSS, starting with Cinnabar. I hope this is constructive. Good luck, seems as though you're heading in the right direction, otherwise :)
    Yup I forgot the weather, lol. Also I know the screenies don't look too good, but they are old, so I'll have the new ones up soon :). And yes, I realized that this would be a competition to Toxic Purple. Which in a way, I hope it eventually is a real competitor. Because if my hack is classified as a "competitor," then it must be pretty good.
    By gen II, Cinnabar Island had been obliterated by its Volcano, which only left the
    Oh crap.... I completely forgot about the obliterated island, lol. I'll just make it so the island was partly rebuilt (Pokémon Center, Mart, a few houses, and the new PR building. Blaines Gym is being rebuilt and the PRS takes the place of the old Research building. Thanks man so much for the critique! I really appreciate your help :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2018
    um when is it coming out i would love to try this since i finished toxic purple .!

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    This will be probably better than Toxic Purple. Ckret is always dead in all of a sudden, and
    not active. You, however, in the other point, is much more active.
    I also find potential in this. Good luck. I hope you will beat Toxic Purple.

Denali

C++ Programmer
    Years
    This will be probably better than Toxic Purple. Ckret is always dead in all of a sudden, and
    not active. You, however, in the other point, is much more active.
    I also find potential in this. Good luck. I hope you will beat Toxic Purple.
    Thanks for the support, prince :)

Denali

C++ Programmer
    Years
    I hope to have the first Beta out by next week. :)
    Sorry guys but Beta 1 won't be out until the following week. It's mainly caused by school and work! :( But don't worry: I've changed some things that make the storyline even better. Team Rocket's hideout will now be in Celadon City. I remapped Cinnabar Island, but I realized how goofy it looked when I was done putting a giant building on top of an errupted volcano :). The next change, more like an addition, is the main character's Rival. Besides the ever present Ash & Pikachu, the protagonist (or antagonist :)) will have a great enemy by the name of William. He controls a small group of men interfering and stealing things from the glorious Team Rocket. One of your mission is to eventually stop him.

Oh yeah, I also am thinking about renaming this: BlackIce Version. Do you think that's better or do you think I should keep it: The Team Rocket Chronicles?

snap12

Billie Jean is not my lover
    Years
    Sorry guys but Beta 1 won't be out until the following week. It's mainly caused by school and work! :( But don't worry: I've changed some things that make the storyline even better. Team Rocket's hideout will now be in Celadon City. I remapped Cinnabar Island, but I realized how goofy it looked when I was done putting a giant building on top of an errupted volcano :). The next change, more like an addition, is the main character's Rival. Besides the ever present Ash & Pikachu, the protagonist (or antagonist :)) will have a great enemy by the name of William. He controls a small group of men interfering and stealing things from the glorious Team Rocket. One of your mission is to eventually stop him.

Oh yeah, I also am thinking about renaming this: BlackIce Version. Do you think that's better or do you think I should keep it: The Team Rocket Chronicles?

Moving to Celadon City? Thats a lot like Ckret's Toxic Purple... I see why Celadon City is a good location for the TR headquarters but I think it might be a little to similar to Toxic Purple...

If I may, my suggestion is just east of Vermillion city, past Digglets cave. You could clear out some grass and move all those trainers and make it a more industrial area. Or you could put the headquarters in Viridian Forest or Mt. Moon....

Lati-Fan95

I completed my HG Pokedex!^^
    Years
    I agree with the post above: Celadon could be way too close to Toxic Purple...^^ But I just git a viewtiful idea: Team Rocket's "headquarters" is in the game corner, but the true headquarters is on a small island a little away from the regular Kanto (just a little island somewhere in the Kanto worldmap but a little away from the regular Kanto) ...^^ The closest location should be the Seafoam islands!^^

to the name: I think BlackIce sounds awesome but it doesn't fit to your original idea (telling the story of Team Rocket in the role of a grunt), or have you changed it to the good ol' grunt's life in TR or could this be a plot spoiler?^^

Denali

C++ Programmer
    Years
    Moving to Celadon City? Thats a lot like Ckret's Toxic Purple... I see why Celadon City is a good location for the TR headquarters but I think it might be a little to similar to Toxic Purple...

If I may, my suggestion is just east of Vermillion city, past Digglets cave. You could clear out some grass and move all those trainers and make it a more industrial area. Or you could put the headquarters in Viridian Forest or Mt. Moon....
    Hmmm.... I like your idea. I'll have to think about that. I thought of Celadon because the Game Corner would be a perfect cover for the "Pokemon Research Society." But yeah I kinda like the idea of having that route become a more industrialized area. Always thought it was a weird place.... :). It could become a cult type village. Maybe the Game Corner will just be another hideout?

Denali

C++ Programmer
    Years
    I agree with the post above: Celadon could be way too close to Toxic Purple...^^ But I just git a viewtiful idea: Team Rocket's "headquarters" is in the game corner, but the true headquarters is on a small island a little away from the regular Kanto (just a little island somewhere in the Kanto worldmap but a little away from the regular Kanto) ...^^ The closest location should be the Seafoam islands!^^

to the name: I think BlackIce sounds awesome but it doesn't fit to your original idea (telling the story of Team Rocket in the role of a grunt), or have you changed it to the good ol' grunt's life in TR or could this be a plot spoiler?^^
    Yeah I think the main headquarters will be on an island somewhere in a cave. These are just their "mini" hideouts.

Also I think your right, I should keep the name: The Team Rocket Chronicles. If anyone has a better name then please post it! Thanks guys for the feedback! :)

Denali

C++ Programmer
    Years
    Tons of updates!
    The storyline has been altered greatly!
    Please check it out!
    Also, could a mod please change the title?

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
    sounds great, you could maybe change the player sprite for sacha and the pokemon starter pikachu because team rocket aims pikachu^^

Years
    This mod me look nice, but there's one thing I want to know: Is there a member or prospective member of TEAM ROCKET? Or is it simply a hero?

If not in name, because apparently you want to change the name, I suggest these:
    * Team Rocket Vendetta or Rocket Vendetta
    * Mysterious Rocket
    * The Rocket Threat

Denali

C++ Programmer
    Years
    sounds great, you could maybe change the player sprite for sacha and the pokemon starter pikachu because team rocket aims pikachu^^
    Ash and Pikachu will be making some appearances, so I made the starter Growlithe :)

Back