• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: The Ruby Firered Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Well actually you both prove a valid point, well I am trying to give Ruby a bit of FR graphics as much as possible. So I will think about remapping ruby in FR style or what to do...

Maybe you guys can give me ideas.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
    Years
  • I think you should map Ruby in FIre Red style since Ruby had more modern maps compared to Fire Red yet I still like the old square maps and I think they would look ace in Fire Red tiles.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I think you should map Ruby in FIre Red style since Ruby had more modern maps compared to Fire Red yet I still like the old square maps and I think they would look ace in Fire Red tiles.

I agree. Hoenn mapped with FR/LG tiles would look wonderful!

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
    Years
  • i was gonna use this for my hack for the day and night but now we can do day and night on fire red so im gonna pass. but it looks very good so far.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Wait, so let me see if I got this straight. What you are doing is a total Hoenn remap, though using FR tiles instead of Ruby's? So, it'll still be Ruby, just with FR tiles instead of Ruby ones?

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    I see. That is VERY interesting indeed. Ruby always looked kinda meh-ish. Will it be possible to change the bag-looks, the text-boxes, and the in-battle menus as well? Or are you going to change graphically only the overworld looks?

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • not bad but.........what's the use of doing this? why to hack ruby into a FR version if you can play the original FR version? what is better in ruby FR?

sorry for all these question but I find this project really useless........

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    This is what people are not getting, and what made me confused while reading the topic. This is NOT hacking Ruby into FR. Hacking Ruby into FR would mean making FR's story out of a Ruby game, as well as trainers, pokemon encounters, etcetra. What this is, is changing the tiles (AND THE TILES ONLY) or Ruby to FR.

Basically, think of it as Ruby, but with FireRed graphism. The story, trainers, pokemon, etcetra, will all remain unaltered.

Years
  • not bad but.........what's the use of doing this? why to hack ruby into a FR version if you can play the original FR version? what is better in ruby FR?

sorry for all these question but I find this project really useless........

Well, there are berries and Contests for a start...
    And as the post above me said, this is Firered into Ruby, not the other way around.

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • This is what people are not getting, and what made me confused while reading the topic. This is NOT hacking Ruby into FR. Hacking Ruby into FR would mean making FR's story out of a Ruby game, as well as trainers, pokemon encounters, etcetra. What this is, is changing the tiles (AND THE TILES ONLY) or Ruby to FR.

Basically, think of it as Ruby, but with FireRed graphism. The story, trainers, pokemon, etcetra, will all remain unaltered.

oh OK!!!! sorry I didn't understand at ounce what it was^^

but anyway, if already you change all tile why change to FR tiles? FR tiles are not the best.........
    but well, now I understand what is this project^^ anyway it's your choise what you want to do^^

well so good luck ;D

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    I might as well restart this, I haven't been hacking in forever but I felt this project shouldn't die and it's something to just ease back in. I don't know if the author is even allowed to post after a month old thread but if not I guess I'll make a new one later, bye

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    OK I finally got back for this... After posting I started back on it a month ago.

So I will be working on this is free time when I am not working on Mystic. I will be starting back from the Alpha 02 download I provided so I will be semi far back from where I was (redo water ani's etc...) Thanks for support :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back