• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Safari Zone!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    It looks like the old Hoenn Safari zone, the Johto one was a Square so I don't think they'll bring back that shifting areas from the Johto Safari zone as it would be messier than Johto's.

Years
    I'd like a system like HGSS's Safari Zone where you can take as many steps as you want, but with Emerald's layout (since it included more areas). I did like the rotating areas in the former's SZ, but I just can't see that working in ORAS. Plus, it's likely the Friend Safari will make a return; I can see it being connected to the Safari Zone (as Sceptile90 suggested) but not be accessible until post-game. That being said, I can't imagine the Friend Safari would have exactly the same Pokemon as in XY; with Pokebank and whatnot, it's easy to transfer Pokemon, so the FS would have to have plenty of different Pokemon. I can also somewhat see some Gen. VI Pokemon appearing in the regular Safari Zone; dunno which ones, though.

Years
    Well there's 58 Kalos Pokémon to choose from (when one discounts the starter lines and legends). Several of them are members of three line families, so I doubt we'll see the final evolutions if they do include them. I think we may only see the Kalos fairies and maybe Honedge post-champion if we get any Kalos pokémon at all.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Well, I just hope they have more Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon, if not add Kalos in the mix. Tbh, I can't wait for it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I wonder if they will add some starter with hidden ability that were missing in X/Y Friend Safari. Like Gen 5 ones.

Years
    Well, I just hope they have more Sinnoh and Unova Pokemon, if not add Kalos in the mix. Tbh, I can't wait for it.

Lol, cross out the more as RSE obviously lacked Sinnoh and Unova, and Kalos Pokemon so there's no more to add, instead it's adding them to begin with. I hope they are post game only except for the Sinnoh evolutions and pre-evolutions to Hoenn mons.

I wouldn't mind if they did have the Gen V starter hidden abilities. I want a Contrary Snivy.

Years
    If they add in any starters with their HAs, be it in the Safari Zone or Friend Safari (if it returns), I want HA Johto starters, as they're the only set of starters whose HAs have not been released. Plus, I really just want a Sheer Force Feraligatr. Unova HA starters would also be nice because of Contrary Snivy~

Years
    If they add in any starters with their HAs, be it in the Safari Zone or Friend Safari (if it returns), I want HA Johto starters, as they're the only set of starters whose HAs have not been released. Plus, I really just want a Sheer Force Feraligatr. Unova HA starters would also be nice because of Contrary Snivy~

Wait, the Unova HA starters were distributed? When? How? I know the Sinnoh ones were through an event during Gen V, the Hoenn ones also had an event in Gen V, the Kanto ones did too and the Safari zone allowed us to get them for this latest generation too. Kalos were friend Safari.

Maybe they'll have both the Unova and Johto starters HA's in addition to the Hoenn starters HA's. Sinnoh's can be in 'Z's' Friend Safari.

Years
    Wait, the Unova HA starters were distributed? When? How? I know the Sinnoh ones were through an event during Gen V, the Hoenn ones also had an event in Gen V, the Kanto ones did too and the Safari zone allowed us to get them for this latest generation too. Kalos were friend Safari.

Ah, they weren't distributed either, my bad! I probably thought that because you could have the Unova starters with their HAs appear in randbats on Showdown, haha ;;

Since both the Unova and Johto starters don't have their HAs released, then I really hope either one set or both appear in the SZ or FS now! Can see the ones that don't appear show up in the "third" game to XY or Gen. VII.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I'm starting to think Safari Zone is now a dead feature due to its absence in Gen V and Gen VI (which had Friend Safari, and while similar, it's not the same). I think it's getting a replacement, and I am expecting Friend Safari to be included somehow.

Years
    I'm starting to think Safari Zone is now a dead feature due to its absence in Gen V and Gen VI (which had Friend Safari, and while similar, it's not the same). I think it's getting a replacement, and I am expecting Friend Safari to be included somehow.
    The Safari Zone is still seen on the map, in the same way it was in Gen III. Besides, even though it wasn't in Gen V or in XY it doesn't mean it won't return. Secret Bases were last seen in Platinum yet are back now for ORAS.

Last edited:
    Years
    How I see it, they could start with the normal Safari Zone that was in the originals. Then, for the post-game there are one of two things they could do:

1. Use the Emerald expansion that adds Pokémon that weren't included in the Hoenn Dex originally.

2. Do something like with Object Arrangement in HGSS where you can place objects and it'll influence the Pokémon that appear. That was a neat arrangement and a cool part of HGSS' post-game, even if it was time-consuming it was still something nice.

Or they could make it so the Pokémon change daily like with Sinnoh's Great Marsh. Just a few ideas as to what they might do.

Years
    How I see it, they could start with the normal Safari Zone that was in the originals. Then, for the post-game there are one of two things they could do:

1. Use the Emerald expansion that adds Pokémon that weren't included in the Hoenn Dex originally.

2. Do something like with Object Arrangement in HGSS where you can place objects and it'll influence the Pokémon that appear. That was a neat arrangement and a cool part of HGSS' post-game, even if it was time-consuming it was still something nice.

Or they could make it so the Pokémon change daily like with Sinnoh's Great Marsh. Just a few ideas as to what they might do.

Maybe they could do a shift of Pokemon by day and night for the post game? If they add more Pokemon to the dex they could add those to the Safari too.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I hope we get Friend Safaris with loads of different possible Pokemon in addition to the regular Safari Zone. Might be hoping for too much, but Friend Safaris were one of my favorite features from XY. It would make sense if we did, though. Rewarding players with rare Pokemon for connecting with others was awesome.

Years
    I hope we get Friend Safaris with loads of different possible Pokemon in addition to the regular Safari Zone. Might be hoping for too much, but Friend Safaris were one of my favorite features from XY. It would make sense if we did, though. Rewarding players with rare Pokemon for connecting with others was awesome.
    If it does return I think it'll be in a seperate place. You know, instead of a bland Friend Safari I'll rather they put all the Pokemon we would find if they were friend safari's into one location. That way you sometimes may find an ice type, or a fire, or grass, ect. It'll be like a nature reserve :3

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    If it does return I think it'll be in a seperate place. You know, instead of a bland Friend Safari I'll rather they put all the Pokemon we would find if they were friend safari's into one location. That way you sometimes may find an ice type, or a fire, or grass, ect. It'll be like a nature reserve :3

Weren't they in one location before? Sorry, I'm not really understanding. ;; You want the terrain to match the type? Because that would pretty cool and nice looking, although I don't think it's completely necessary. :)

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    What I hate about the Friend Safari was it didn't felt like a Safari tbh. It's some patch of grass with magic powers, able to change what Pokemon appears :P

Years
    What I hate about the Friend Safari was it didn't felt like a Safari tbh. It's some patch of grass with magic powers, able to change what Pokemon appears :P

This is what I meant. I disliked how it was just patches. I would rather they fuse the patches to make an expansive area. The more friends we have the bigger it is, until it looks like a real safari.

Back