• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The same song over and over and over~

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I'm not sure if this is already a topic, and if it is... I apologize.

Anyway, do you ever listen to the same song over and over everyday? How long can you listen to a song before it gets tiring for you? What are your reasons for listening to the same song constantly without getting tired of it?

I do this a lot. I have a tendency to listen to one particular song over and over without ever getting tired of it. Usually my reasons are because I like the song, or I find it easily relatable as well. I do get tired of one song though, so I'll end up moving onto another one. Also, one more reason why I listen to a song over and over is because it helps me get the muse I need for writing.

pkmin3033

I often do this with new songs I get, partly so I can learn the words, and partly because it's just something new. It's easier to just have one song I feel like listening to on repeat than meticulously craft a playlist to suit my mood, or constantly micro-manage my iTunes, as well.

Years
    I stopped listening to music on repeat after I ruined Loud Pipes for me by listening to it on repeat for about an hour every day. I loved that song now I hate the sound of it.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    This happens to me all the time. When there's a song I really really like at the moment, I'l listen to it like 10 or 20 times and then I'll get annoyed by it but still love it. I'll just take a break for listening to it over and over but eventually come back to it.

Which is currently this song, just cause I love the animated music video for it. I love it so much and played it like 20 times on my iPod in the last week and watched the video like 20 times too. And you may noticed, things from the video are my current theme.Just really in love with Mystery Skulls overall right now honestly. (Really go watch the video cause the animation is superb. Enjoy the song if it's your kind of music too.)

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    I usually don't listen to songs over and over again unless it's my own. Reason for listening to my music over and over is to listen for anything that doesn't belong like mouse clicks, pops, any background noises, or simply to make sure the mix sounds right and everything put together. If I notice something that doesn't belong or if the mix is messed up I immediately open up my DAW and fix it.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    Recently been listening to a song over and over! Love the solo's and the riffs, so I will probably won't get bored of it anytime soon!
    at the moment I'll consider it my #1 favorite song - which one is it?

Megadeth - "Symphony of Destruction"

answer some of the questions:
    Spoiler:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I used to do that, until I got sick of them, but I didn't like how I'd get sick of them because I do genuinely enjoy the song... it just gets to be much 8(

I rarely listen to music nowadays anyway, but when I do I try to listen to stuff I haven't heard in a while.

Neo Emolga

Legendary Sky Squirrel
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2016
    I've had to stop doing this, as it will just kill a song for me with diminishing returns. Despite how addicting a new song is, I try to limit it to no more than three repeat times in a row.

Of course, sometimes I start a song on repeat and just totally tune it out with whatever I'm working on.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    This is the song that never ends it goes on and on my friends....

I have a playlist of like 15 songs that I'll listen to every day. I can only listen to songs like that if I do't know all of the lyrics yet so metal and some rap/hip-hop is safe.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I do that sometimes and then eventually get bored of it and move on to other songs while that song remains in the back burner until it plays on shuffle.

Years
    There are days where I'll get addicted to a certain song. Sometimes there will be only one song that I'll bother listening to. I will eventually get bored of the song and go back to listening to my entire library

SapphireMillennium

The Legend of Hoenn
    Years
    This happens to me every single time I find a new song that I like.

I can usually listen to it over and over for 3-7 days before ending up hating it, haha.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    If it's a brand new song just released and I put it on my iTunes, I tend to listen to it quite a lot for a couple of days but after that it just goes the way of shuffle. I don't get bored of music easily, but if I see it a lot on music channels and the video is a good watch I may sicken myself of it if its constantly on.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this! My recent offenses are In Your Arms- Nico and Vinz, Change Your Ticket- One Direction (well more like their entire latest album except 3 songs has been on repeat) and a cpop (well more of a slower song) song I absolutely adore called 有一个地方. Love it to bits and it's so pretty ;-;! Has been on repeat since it released last month.
    Strangely enough though when I do this, I never get tired of the songs but I force myself to listen to something else anyway.

IllusDark8

I usually listen to songs over and over again if I like it so that I don't continue to do so later. This allows me to move on and find more music that while having a clear head after hearing a song.

Years
    If it's a really, honestly good track you won't get tired of it. Tracks I love, I can listen to forever. Really.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
    I always do this and I'll keep doing it until I find a new song to play over and over again.

Back