• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sapphire Surf - A Journey Like No Other! (Water Type Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Welcome to the club you three!

Now gonna answer Blade's topic:

Why did you choose your partner Pokemon, and was it hard to decide which one to go with?

Easy, the reason I picked Oshawott is because he is my literal Poke-Mascot. I fell in love with the guy upon seeing his cute face in the anime, and I picked him as my starter in both Black and Black 2 so yeah you gotta say I love him so much. And his evolved forms are badass too, Samurott being the total badass while Dewott is the mixture of badass and cute. And Water is my fave type so that's why I adore him even more! I am not the Oshawott Girl for nothing!

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2016
Count me in :D

Username: Ronfiret
Partner Pokemon: Totodile
Why you like Water Types: Water types are the wider selection of Pokemon. They got cool moves, and my very first starter was a water type.
Favorite Water Type(s): Blastoise, Poliwhirl, Politoed, Staryu, Gyaradous, Feraligatr, Marill, Prinlup, Buizel,

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
Years
I wanna sign up :P
Username: SupernovaTyphlosion
Partner: Floatzel (Named Torrent)
Reasons why I like water types: Sea creatures have always fascinated me :)They're beautiful, majestic and amazing :)
Favourite water types: Lapras, Milotic, Blastoise, Feraligatr, Swampert, Crawdaunt, Floatzel, Mantine, Kyogre...I like them all :D

Topic:
Well I would use my trusty Floatzel to take down Mistys Starmie. I would start off with a crunch attack, throw in a few aqua jets and then finish off with Razor wind :P

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Hi I'd like to join need more clubs!

Username/Nickname:AWsquared (though as a nickname you can call me Aaron or Kouzan)
Partner Pokémon: Poliwhirl (nickname
Reason for joining the club:I've always found Water types to be interesting. There's so many of them with lost of variety in the types of species. A lot of them are strong and they're useful for surfing too!
Favourite Water type Pokémon: Poliwhirl, Buizel, Kyogre , Carracotsa , Marill, Wailord Lumineon , Lapras

Current topic:

Misty challenges you and your partner Pokemon to an all-out Water battle. How do you gain the advantage and take down her Starmie?

That's a tough one cause Starmie is faster than Poliwhirl so it will likely be knocked out before it could attack and it can resist all of it's Fighting type moves. However , Poliwhirl can be taught Fling, which is a Dark type move, which as most people know is super-effective against Psychic types. So I can teach him Fling and make sure it's holding an item that does a lot of damage , such a Hard Stone, Fossil, or Iron Ball which do between 90-130 damage. So with that strategy I might be able to defeat it or damage it enough to be able to weaken her Stamie easier.

SomaQL

The Varia Suit
Years
Username: SomaQL
Partner: Lapras (nicknamed Lady, always)
Why I like Water Types: One of the strongest typings, both offensively and defensively, and, besides that, their moves seems to be the most elegant and powerful.
Favorite Water-Types: Relicanth, CrawDaunt, Seadra, OmaStar, SimiPour.

Where I would hang out?
Petalburg's Lakes. Seem like a nice place for Lady and I to relax.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
To beat Misty's Starmie, hmm... I think I'd have to use my Crawdaunt for that! He could easily soak up Starmie's powerful Psychic attacks whilst hitting back hard with his Dark STAB moves. Starmie wouldn't stand a chance against his speed and strength and although her Thunderbolt would be something to worry about, I'm pretty sure Crawdaunt has enough bulk to take it.

What do you guys think the rest of her team would be though? :o

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2015
Username/Nickname:Pokeuser7878/Matt
Partner Pokémon:Lanturn
Reason for joining the club:Because Lanturn is my favourite pokemon like EVER and Lanturn is just an overall walled beast with Stockpile/Parafusion Set so i decided to show its affection by joining the Water Club
Top 3 favourite Water type Pokémon:
1) Lanturn
2) Kingdra
3) Gyarados

Years
Misty challenges you and your partner Pokemon to an all-out Water battle. How do you gain the advantage and take down her Starmie?

I'd have my Oshawott use its X-Scissor to take down Starmie cos surprise it's Bug-type attack super-effective on Starmie's secondary Psychic-type! It's a win-win!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hey guys, quick note! This club's owner has been away from PC for around two months now so if anyone wants to take over as the new owner or wants to remake the club themselves, send me a message and let me know. :)

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
Years
Hello guys, Zylas here. I'm here to inform yallz that I'll be taking over the Water-type Pokemon club as new leader! In sight of this, I'm still undecided as to whether or not I will be creating a new thread for the club or using the current one, so the thread will be closed until further notice. Take note, this shouldn't take long and if anything no longer than a few days. Thanks for your cooperation!

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
Years
NOTIFICATION:

Due to the disappearance of Magnetic, as I said before I have become the new Cap'n of the Water Type Fan Club! As you might see, a couple of changes have been made, but nothing too major yet. Ideas are in the process of being formulated that have not yet come to surface (you see what I did there? Water? Shore? Surface? ...ah never mind). Anyways, I also realize some of the members have not been added to the members list, and I will get to doing that shortly. But for now, New Topic!

If you could Surf, Dive, or Waterfall on any Pokemon, who would it be and why?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Seems like this club is headed in a good direction so I'd like to sign up!

Username/Nickname: AlexOzzyCake/Ozzy
Partner Pokémon: Despole the (male) Poliwrath
Reason for Joining the Club: Water types aren't my biggest love as they strike me as quite common and similar Pokémon, but they are an interesting type to discuss and I'd love to hear why people love them so much. I do like Water as a type on the whole (mostly due to the cute Pokémon!), but it's not a favourite just yet haha.
Top 3 Favorite Water Type Pokémon: Poliwrath, Horsea and Piplup!

As for the topic... I think I'd Dive with a Relicanth because it'd be awesome to see him in his natural habitat and because he'd be comfy/safe to cling on to with the way his back is supported, I'd Waterfall with a Gyarados because how freaking epic is that?, and I'd Surf with a Lapras for comfort and for ease since that's practically what she's designed for! What about you guys? Would you agree that Lapras is basically just made for Surfing? XD

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
Years
Seems like this club is headed in a good direction so I'd like to sign up!

Username/Nickname: AlexOzzyCake/Ozzy
Partner Pokémon: Despole the (male) Poliwrath
Reason for Joining the Club: Water types aren't my biggest love as they strike me as quite common and similar Pokémon, but they are an interesting type to discuss and I'd love to hear why people love them so much. I do like Water as a type on the whole (mostly due to the cute Pokémon!), but it's not a favourite just yet haha.
Top 3 Favorite Water Type Pokémon: Poliwrath, Horsea and Piplup!

As for the topic... I think I'd Dive with a Relicanth because it'd be awesome to see him in his natural habitat and because he'd be comfy/safe to cling on to with the way his back is supported, I'd Waterfall with a Gyarados because how freaking epic is that?, and I'd Surf with a Lapras for comfort and for ease since that's practically what she's designed for! What about you guys? Would you agree that Lapras is basically just made for Surfing? XD

Congrats for joining! However, if you didn't notice in the earlier posts you were already signed up :P. Anyway, I'll still change your partner Pokemon from Piplup to Poliwrath then :) .

Answer to the current topic:

To Dive, I would ride a Wailord, cuz it would be awesome to scare away all the lil' Magikarps as a giant whale passes by >:) . As for Surfing, I would ride a Sharpedo for the purpose of shooting across the sea from place to place with ease. To ride a Waterfall, Keldeo would be pretty cool because it would be like riding a unicorn across a rainbow except a unicorn on a waterfall {XD}

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I remember I used to hang out in an earlier Water club, I'm glad it got remade, though I didn't rejoin. Until now, that is :)

Username/Nickname: Miau
Partner Pokémon: Pua the Jellicent(F)
Ani593FMS.png

Reason for Joining the Club: I've always had at least a couple of Water types on my team in every run so far. I think there's quite some variety going on with them, as the Water type has been paired with every other type out there, except Fire. There's diversity in their designs too, some are cute, others fierce. Hehe, there's a Water type to please even the pickiest trainer!
Top 3 Favorite Water Type Pokémon: Frillish/Jellicent line, Tympole/Palpitoad/Seismitoad line and Tirtouga/Carracosta line! (I've chosen from the ones I've used the most, design-wise, it would be Milotic, Keldeo and Empoleon.)

Now for the current topic: If you could Surf, Dive, or Waterfall on any Pokemon, who would it be and why?

Let's see. I'd surf on Wailord, I think you'd be able to go quite far offshore on the back of a giant whale. I'd dive with Samurott, I would hold on to the pointy shell on its head and let it lead the way. He seems to be a very good swimmer and would prove quite reliable underwater. And I'm going to go with Ozzy on my last choice, going up a waterfall on top of a raging Gyarados would be pret-ty epic. As for Lapras, Ozzy, I'm still going with Wailord, you could travel with friends and have a lot of space. I remember Sapphire riding her Wailord in PokeSpe with Ruby and all their Pokemon. Though Ash, Misty and Tracey used to ride on Lapras's back all the time in the anime too, so I guess it would still work if you don't mind being a little cramped.

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
Years
I remember I used to hang out in an earlier Water club, I'm glad it got remade, though I didn't rejoin. Until now, that is :)

Username/Nickname: Miau
Partner Pokémon: Pua the Jellicent(F)
Ani593FMS.png

Reason for Joining the Club: I've always had at least a couple of Water types on my team in every run so far. I think there's quite some variety going on with them, as the Water type has been paired with every other type out there, except Fire. There's diversity in their designs too, some are cute, others fierce. Hehe, there's a Water type to please even the pickiest trainer!
Top 3 Favorite Water Type Pokémon: Frillish/Jellicent line, Tympole/Palpitoad/Seismitoad line and Tirtouga/Carracosta line! (I've chosen from the ones I've used the most, design-wise, it would be Milotic, Keldeo and Empoleon.)

Now for the current topic: If you could Surf, Dive, or Waterfall on any Pokemon, who would it be and why?

Let's see. I'd surf on Wailord, I think you'd be able to go quite far offshore on the back of a giant whale. I'd dive with Samurott, I would hold on to the pointy shell on its head and let it lead the way. He seems to be a very good swimmer and would prove quite reliable underwater. And I'm going to go with Ozzy on my last choice, going up a waterfall on top of a raging Gyarados would be pret-ty epic. As for Lapras, Ozzy, I'm still going with Wailord, you could travel with friends and have a lot of space. I remember Sapphire riding her Wailord in PokeSpe with Ruby and all their Pokemon. Though Ash, Misty and Tracey used to ride on Lapras's back all the time in the anime too, so I guess it would still work if you don't mind being a little cramped.

Welcome to the club MIAU! I also love the design of Empoleon and Keldeo! In fact, they're some of my favorite Pokemon! I must admit, I am a pretty picky trainer, but water types are so intriguing I seem to always become fond of them. As for riding on a Gyarados, I must agree that would be quite prodigious. If you haven't already, go ahead and check out the main thread to see some of the new features that we include that the other Water Type Club hasn't! Once again, welcome to The Sapphire Surf!

Whyvile

Toot your horns
Years
If I were to surf, dive, or Waterfall (is that even a verb? :p) on any Pokemon, it'd have to be Blastoise, for the sheer idea of my mental image of Surf.

What is my mental image?

Blastoise Jetski.

Heck yeah.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Surfing on a Wailord seems pretty comfy. I could probably fit everything I have in my room on top of it.
Why stop there? Just build the whole house on his back and live on the floating island of a Pokémon. I'm sure he wouldn't mind, after all he is obliged to serve you hehe. I think using Wailord for Surf would be a lot more trouble than it's worth (you'd never even be able to cross a tiny river without killing the poor thing haha) but the spectacle would be very epic indeed.

Blastoise jet-skiing though? Hell yes. 8D

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Why stop there? Just build the whole house on his back and live on the floating island of a Pokémon. I'm sure he wouldn't mind, after all he is obliged to serve you hehe. I think using Wailord for Surf would be a lot more trouble than it's worth (you'd never even be able to cross a tiny river without killing the poor thing haha) but the spectacle would be very epic indeed.

I don't know what you're taking about, my Wailord even fits in a subway car {XD}

And I was thinking, if Vaporeon has the ability to make itself invisible underwater, if you were to dive with it, would you be invisible too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back