• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The secrets of Hoenn: A sprite Comic

ComoToon

Olympus Gimp
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2009

ComoToon
, I did the night time effect in "Paint.Net" it's a free program you can download (All I can get while I'm on dial-up, untill next week) However
any program like Gimp or Photoshop will do, it's a matter of tweaking after you have the basic steps down.

Yea I have that program and just learn how to do the effect it didn't turn out as well as yours but still turned out nice. Oh and I'm wondering if you have paint.net then why use MSPaint.

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
Years
Yea I have that program and just learn how to do the effect it didn't turn out as well as yours but still turned out nice. Oh and I'm wondering if you have paint.net then why use MSPaint.

MSpaint is a lot more simple to work with, in other words I can do a lot of things faster in it than the other program, I am slowly coming up with more things that require that program though, like the see through sprites of white running around looking for his "magazines"

ComoToon

Olympus Gimp
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2009
MSpaint is a lot more simple to work with, in other words I can do a lot of things faster in it than the other program, I am slowly coming up with more things that require that program though, like the see through sprites of white running around looking for his "magazines"

Hmm you must have complete mastery over it. I personally prefer paint.net its not as simple but i 'm pretty good with it and its superior in terms of features.

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
Years
I think White is in contention for the dumbest trainer-in-waiting award.:laugh:

Haha yeah you're probably right, but you'll just have to wait and see haha ;)

On another note, I have a question for you all, I'm considering the idea of using D/P style "Over World" character sprites since they look a lot better zoomed in, and are really not THAT much bigger than the third generation ones.

I came up with what White would look like, let me know if you all like the idea, and I'll start using them as of next chapter or something.

New & Old "White" sprite comparison:
whiteowtestpngfh1.png

Years
Well, looks like you took the advice. Never seen someone actually do that. It's shaping up and looking good now, I honestly can't wait for the next comic!

As for the sprite thing. It's not a good idea to mix tilesets. So if you want to use the DP sprite, then it would be better to change everything into DP tilesets.

Aero-LyNx

Go team dynamite!
Years
Wow, good D/P Sprites, lol. I like your comic very much, I'll be waiting your next comic.

And about the DP sprites, I agree to Greenstorm. You can't mix the Dp with RSE Sprites. It'll be bad. And if you want to use your DP sprite, use it for special events.(But remember don't mix it okay.).

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
Years
Yeah fair enough I suppose, and I'm not exactly willing to recreate hoenn in D/P tiles haha, oh well... i'll start work on chapter 3 tomorrow, been busy last couple of days, the speech takes forever since theres no proper font i can use, the letters are all placed by hand...

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
Years
haha, Aren't you tired? Or you have a secondary energy pack, haha.

I've been stocking up on PROTEIN and HP UP so I'm good to go haha it's 2am so maybe i'm not so good, Hopefully tomorrow I'll finish chapter 3, there will be pokemon attacks in it, heroes and maybe even White will FINALLY start his journey, I plan on using PMD sprites, however I lack the sprites of Bagon and it's evolution, It's like the only pokemon spriters resource hasn't got for PMD and it happens to be the one I need haha oh well.

Aero-LyNx

Go team dynamite!
Years
Haha, I've just consumed a BITTER HERB, and I feel like 'I'm going to sleep late night', haha. Btw, I can help you search the sprites. When I found it, I'll PM you right away.

Last edited:

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
Years
Chapter 3 is up guys, Have fun

I wouldn't mind using the D/P sprites they would probably fit since they aren't really any bigger and in a comic placed correctly they would look fine, but then I'd have to remake half of the Important people from Emerald, Fire red etc.

We'll see, though.

ComoToon

Olympus Gimp
Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2009
Wow your comic is really shaping up nicely *damn more competition*.
No I'm just kidding I'm really a fan of your comic and the new white looks great.
I'm loving the night time effect for chapter 3. I can't wait till you show the first battle.

Back