• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Selfie Syndrome

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
  • I'm with Zekrom. Although, I think my selfie count is at a whopping two or three. I just never got into it, and I don't have a smartphone, so that probably helps too.

I should take more just for Matt, apparently.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Eheheh. I post selfies on instagram several times a week :x usually it's with some fancy text about what's up, though. I kinda like how I look and I want to shove it down other people's throats. That's gotta be it.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • What's Facebook? What's Instagram? I don't use the former and haven't for years because of boring family and the fact that all I used it for to begin with were ROTC contacts. Tried to look into instagram but a web UI doesn't exist, apparently you have to have a phone for it which speaks volumes about the quality of the people and photographs lmao

Every now and then I'll do a selfie. I like to think I look good in them, but meh.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    What's Facebook? What's Instagram? I don't use the former and haven't for years because of boring family and the fact that all I used it for to begin with were ROTC contacts. Tried to look into instagram but a web UI doesn't exist, apparently you have to have a phone for it which speaks volumes about the quality of the people and photographs lmao

Every now and then I'll do a selfie. I like to think I look good in them, but meh.

it's really easy to transfer pictures from your good camera to your phone and then upload from there to instagram. There used to be a way to upload straight from comp but they shut down those sites so that sucks.
    Facebook is lame.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • I'm not into the selfie craze. I have to be begged to take any sort of picture, I'm just not big on taking them? That's why I don't get apps like Snapchat and I only have instagram to follow certain people. Last time I took a picture of myself was on my birthday this past January bc I thought I looked good. Last time I actually posted a selfie though was back in Nov for someone else's birthday. So I guess I only take them on special occasions?

I have a grand total of one selfie saved on my laptop and maybe 20 on my phone (out of a total of 600~ pictures of various animals, snow and homework in my camera and some saved pics of my favorite people.) Even though I may take a few, I never post the darned things.

I don't really care about other people taking selfies, as long as they aren't the type that are whining for attention or spamming. I end up liking my mutual's selfies on Tumblr but pretty much ignore everyone else's.

Reactions: dad

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i take a good amount of selfies when i'm feeling cute but most of them get deleted since ponder them. i like to have a nice looking feed so i don't post too many. i had four selfies in a row on my insta and it made me feel narcissistic so i deleted one. 2 hours ago, 4 weeks ago and 23 weeks is when i posted my last selfies. there's this girl i know that i follow and she posts at least once a day, it's like a ritual.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I honestly see nothing wrong with selfies. I don't take many, myself, but if people want to take photos of themselves and post it then that's cool. The only thing that might annoy me is if they try and caption it horribly in a way that makes them put on a front of "I'm better than you" or if their intention is to just garter attention.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I took selfies when I want to change my profile picture on facebook. That's it. I won't post selfie "just for the fun".

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I rarely take selfies so when I happen to take one and it's good you bet I will post it or save it for a later date. Honestly I think my instagram has less pictures of me than anything else. I'm not much of a selfie person in general never mind on insta.

The most basic thing I see and hate is when someone posts a selfie with some song lyrics or a really lame quote. It truly hurts me, body and soul

Guest123_x1

I'm no fan of 'selfies." I find it repulsive at times that anybody would be holding their phone in front of a mirror to take a picture of themselves. I've seen selfies that look so ridiculous, I want to get rid of the image and forget that I ever saw it.
    Although I've taken pictures of myself in the past, they've all been through my digital camera being set on a timer to automatically shoot after 10 seconds (meaning I have to get into my pose very quickly.)

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I'm kind of OCD with my selfies and take around 10-20 just to get the perfect image I envisioned. I never upload selfies though, just update my profile pictures. (Unless you count Snapchat, in which I do upload selfies to my Story.)

Years
  • I don't post a lot because I honestly don't have a lot of confidence and I'm not very photogenic. If I feel like I'm looking good that day, I'll maybe try to take one, but mostly it's just to keep a relatively updated picture up on social media. :P Other than that, I'll take them with friends and family because it's nice to have pictures with people.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • So there's this tale of a girl who like to take pictures of nature and her surroundings. One day she tried to take a selfie with her camera. After one shot, she looked at the results and saw that it looks terrible and off-center.

She never took a selfie again.

True story by Illusione-Tempus

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • None. I don't even have a smartphone.

Well I did take a few with my webcam years and years ago when I first made a facebook account and had no profile pic but that's about it.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    I very rarely have a desire to take photos of myself. I have an instagram for the sake of interacting with friends, but there are only two pictures of me on there and they're both rather old. Once I believe I'm better looking, though, I'll definitely have more of an interest in showing myself to the world. Otherwise, no thanks.

Years
  • I'm kind of OCD with my selfies and take around 10-20 just to get the perfect image I envisioned. I never upload selfies though, just update my profile pictures. (Unless you count Snapchat, in which I do upload selfies to my Story.)

Sometimes I'll stand there, positioning myself in place with the best light, making sure that there's nothing out of the ordinary in the background, and I'll do this for minutes on end. If after many attempts that nothing seems to be working, I'll eventually give up and delete the evidence.

The only times I take selfies are when I'm comfortable enough with how I physically look and feel or with friends. I try not to go out of my way to take them because they can be irritating, both as a participant and spectator of those taking the photos.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024

Sometimes I'll stand there, positioning myself in place with the best light, making sure that there's nothing out of the ordinary in the background, and I'll do this for minutes on end. If after many attempts that nothing seems to be working, I'll eventually give up and delete the evidence.

The only times I take selfies are when I'm comfortable enough with how I physically look and feel or with friends. I try not to go out of my way to take them because they can be irritating, both as a participant and spectator of those taking the photos.

*takes picture*
    *keeps head still*
    *moves camera 1 cm to the left*
    *squints*
    *takes picture*
    *turns head slightly to the left*
    *moves camera 2 cms to the right*
    *takes picture*
    *keeps head still*
    *moves camera 4 cm to the right*
    *takes picture*
    *squints harder*
    *moves camera 1 cms to the left*
    *takes picture*
    *keeps head still*
    *moves camera 5 cm to the right*
    *takes picture*
    *turns head slightly to the right*
    *moves camera 2 cms to the left*
    *takes picture*
    *keeps head still*
    *takes picture*
    *squints harder*
    *takes picture*

Years
  • *takes picture*
    *keeps head still*
    *squints*
    *takes picture*
    *takes picture*
    *keeps head still*
    *moves camera 4 cm to the right*
    *takes picture*
    *squints harder*
    *moves camera 1 cms to the left*
    *takes picture*
    *keeps head still*
    *moves camera 5 cm to the right*
    *takes picture*
    *turns head slightly to the right*
    *moves camera 2 cms to the left*
    *takes picture*
    *keeps head still*
    *takes picture*
    *squints harder*
    *takes picture*

Story of my selfie-taking life, which was short-lived.

Honestly, I can't understand how girls have the patience for spending that much time on taking the "perfect" selfie. Just snap a picture of myself in sweats, chewing on munchies, done.

Back