• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Sevii Islands?

The Instant Classic

Hoenn has more water than Africa
Years
  • When Pokémon Firered and Leafgreen arrived in 2004, they brought new content to the table, namely the Sevii Islands. These seven (or nine!) islands served as both post elite four plot, plus a way of obtaining Johto Pokemon so the player could complete the national dex.

Fast forward to 2009/2010, and we have Pokémon Heartgold and Soulsilver, which of course, incorporated the Kanto region, however though, the Sevii islands made no appearance.

Now there are a few reasons why the Sevii islands "weren't needed", such as:

The game being set in Johto, meaning there was no need for extra areas to find Johto Pokémon

Soulsilver and Heartgold technically being remakes of Silver and Gold, in which at the time, the Sevii islands never even existed

Despite this though, I still think the Sevii islands should of been included, some plot points could of easily of been changed to fit with the plot of Soulsilver/Heartgold, e.g. Lorelei's subplot could of been given to a Johto elite four member, or maybe even the gym leader Pryce, given the ice theme of the story. Hell, they could of even kept Lorelei as an extra, and a nod to the original Red/Blue/Yellow games. The extra story with team rocket could of remained, with a few dialogue changes, though the hunt for the ruby and sapphire would of most likely been removed. Finally, the whole point of obtaining Johto Pokémon on the Islands could of been changed to accommodate Hoenn Pokémon instead, due to Ruby and Sapphire being GBA games, while Sinnoh Pokémon could simple be traded over from Diamond/Perl/Platinum

What do you think? Should the Sevii Islands of been included in HG/SS? Did you miss them? If not, why?

Discuss!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I personally loved these islands, and spent time exploring them whenever I played FireRed or LeafGreen. Wasn't really sad to see them not make appearance in HeartGold and SoulSilver, though; they're exclusive to FR and LG, and it was great that they've kept them that way. n_n;; HG and SS included a lot of locations overall, and I think that is enough for us to be satisfied with.

Dragon_Trainer_

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
  • Doesn't HG and SS contain all the Pokémon till Generation IV? I know it does, but I've just started the game, so I don't know anything about obtaining them and stuff...........

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I never played FRLG so the Sevii islands are completely foreign for me so I wasn't too bothered that they weren't included in HGSS. d:

Back