• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Shadow Triad = Chili, Cress and Cilan?

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Bianca actually says in game that by the time she made it to Striaton City Gym, the events of the castle were over. Its her fault they weren't there.

But then the question would be , would they have been there if she did get there in time.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Honestly, I think they are. I got these two pictures, from the manga.

The first one shows the elemental monkeys, which are kind of the trademarks (and Pokémon/concept, and so on) of Chili, Cress and Cilan, and the gym leaders themselves.

The Shadow Triad = Chili, Cress and Cilan?

Now look at the second picture which shows the shadow triad up close, and take a look at the shape of their masks.

The Shadow Triad = Chili, Cress and Cilan?

They are of the same shape as the patterns on the faces of the monkeys, and in the right order as well. I don't know, but this doesn't really seem like a coincidence to me. The pattern on their face is not just random, it's part of the Pokémon, and they wouldn't just put that on something else without it being linked to eachother.

Years
  • It's possible, but doubtful, due the fact that as Kaori said, it might have been hinted at even a bit. Also, while Yoshikko made a great find, the manga strays a bit from the games, and while the Shadow Triad may be revealed as the Striaton Leaders in the Manga, their identities might still be left a mystery in the 3rd game, as instances like Karen being part of Team Rocket and all that never happened in the games, but the games also never gave us reason to think that it didn't.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    It's possible, but doubtful, due the fact that as Kaori said, it might have been hinted at even a bit. Also, while Yoshikko made a great find, the manga strays a bit from the games, and while the Shadow Triad may be revealed as the Striaton Leaders in the Manga, their identities might still be left a mystery in the 3rd game, as instances like Karen being part of Team Rocket and all that never happened in the games, but the games also never gave us reason to think that it didn't.
    Yeah it's true that the game doesn't cover all of the things the manga does, but I do think that the fact they hinted at that in the manga, maybe says something about how things are in the game. It's because I don't see a reason to create unnecessary complexity by hinting at certain things in the manga, if it weren't for a reason.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • Yeah we cant link everything to the manga. Koga and Will were apart of team rocket, and Koga was a evil sinister guy, but in the games they care about pokemon.

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
  • If the three gym leaders were really the shadow triad, there would have been a bit more hints to that within the game. That's what I would think at least.

Hm, ok. I see your logic but I don't agree with it. Ok, if Chili, Cress, and Cilan were the Shadow Triad, why would nintendo reveal that. The Shadow Triad is mysterious, and not much is known. So we may expose more about them in the third game. Personally, I do agree.

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • Pokemon "Grey" should do this. I think that the Striaton trio didn't have any story with them. At the end right before you fight N and Ghetsis they challenge you to a triple battle. 3 Stoutland, Simisage, Simisear, and Simpour vs your team.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Though I wish they were the trade theres basicly no chance they are, Becuase it would put all thew younger players into a mind screw when they play the game and see him be all evily then watch him in the show be like a regular guy.

Pokemon "Grey" should do this. I think that the Striaton trio didn't have any story with them. At the end right before you fight N and Ghetsis they challenge you to a triple battle. 3 Stoutland, Simisage, Simisear, and Simpour vs your team.

Though that would be awsome

Last edited:

Faeiri

Pokémon Noob
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2020
    I really want this to be true, but I don't think there's enough evidence to confirm it right now.

Back