• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The Showcase of the Haunted Costumes - Halloween Event 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Okay yeah, I want in on this

👗 Name: Miau
    👗 Game of choice: Shield
    👗 Trainer Class: (for aesthetic purposes) Poke Maniac
    👗 Favorite Halloween Costume: Mad Scientist
    👗 First clothes you will buy: (put here your first purchases to save space!) 3 coins on each body part, for a total of 9 coins

If you guys don't mind, I also want to ask something about this rule (snip):
    Say after the first segment, I have Sobble, Rookidee and Nickit. I receive a new item that asks for only Yellow Pokemon; if I read the rule correctly it means that I can't equip this new item, right?

But if my new item asks for Blue Pokemon only, I can box Nickit and continue with Sobble and Rookidee, and I assume I can also catch new Pokemon provided that they are all Blue?

Yes, that's true. The only exception applies if you're just starting the game and looking for more Pokémon, but once you get to your first Segment, you need to have eligible Pokémon already in your team or box for you to use - or else, you'd be considered unable to follow the item's rule, canceling out all of your Coins :sadwick:

I've also added you to the Player Board and updated your closet, so you can start playing <3

Years
  • Hm, given that patrat also exists (meaning, a Strong Jaw-boosted move is technically available to you, it's just conflicting with another rule) your best bet would probably be to trade away one of your items or buy something else, like I did!

Case in point, I could offer you my own Lurantis Scythes for your Gliscor Wings - that would allow you to get Fury Cutter on Dewott at level 20, a Pokémon that I suppose would have picked anyways since it's blue color :)

Okay, I'll do the trade

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Segment 1
    Clothes: Machamp Head, Blissey Egg, Delphox Tunic

- Started Pokémon Sword (and regretted soon after, because no turbo is suffering)

- Picked Grookey, not that it matters too much since it's not usable this segment.

- After a while, managed to find Henry the Grubbin on Route 1.

- Grinding was a bit annoying, but better than I expected, really. Wooloo gives great EXP.

- After some date tweaking, I got:
    -- Horsepower the Mudbray on Rolling Grove
    -- Bell the Tympole on West Lake Axewell
    -- The Thunder Stone for Henry
    -- Olf the Stunky on West Lake Axewell (Boxed)
    -- Pascal the Duskull on Watchtower Ruins
    -- Knot the Natu on East Lake Axewell (Boxed)
    -- Hertz the Ralts on Rolling Fields
    -- AU the Cleffa on Rolling Fields (Boxed)
    -- disappointed when the Hammerlocke roadblock was literally "You don't have enough badges" instead of any world building.

- After what was actually a decent distraction in the form of Wild Area frolicking, scavenging and exploring, I had to go back to the plot. One of the TRs I got on the Wild Area was Dazzling Gleam. Team Yell didn't stand a ghost of a chance.

- Got BTU, the Rolycoly on Route 3 (Boxed).

- Beat Bede on the Mines.

- vs. Gym Leader Milo
    -- Henry just Bug Bit Gossifleur to death, then Pascal dynamaxed and kept spamming Max Guard to stall out Milo's Dynamax, since the only other Max Move I could use would be Max Ooze from Bell or Max Knuckle from Horsepower and that wouldn't have been the greatest idea. I get 3 Max Guards in a row just to troll Milo, lol.

I sacrifice Pascal, but it did its job well. I think Henry can take a hit to OHKO but he can't, so Hertz comes in, makes Edelgoss sleep and almost KOs it, softening it up for Bell and the disrepect Acid.

Earning me the badge and the first water move on Tympole, why does it take 20 levels to learn a Water move?

I guess the moral of the story here is: heal your Pokémon before battling the gym leader. If I did, Henry would have KOed Edelgoss a lot earlier.

Badges: 1 / 8

Team, for move verification (warning: big pictures):
    Spoiler:

Since I had Decent clothes for all 3 segments and followed the rules I should get 9 coins back, putting my total back to 12 coins.

Now, let's splurge a little bit, shall we? I'd like to get an Haute Couture Body and Decent Legs for a total of 11 coins.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Eleanor's second update on Pokémon Ultra Moon

For this update I decided to wear...
    👗 Tsareena Crown - Basic - Head
    You may only use Pokémon with 72 or less base Speed.
    👗 Hawlucha Wings - Basic - Body
    At least one of your Pokémon must know a 2-turn attacking move, or Bide, if available.
    👗 Slowking Tail - Basic - Legs
    For each trainer battle, you may only send in as many Pokémon as your opponent has. If you happen to break the rule, you can continue the battle, but you'll have to pay 1 Coin.

My team after beating the Dominant Raticate in Verdant cavern is...
    Brionne, lv. 22 • Yungoos, lv. 19 • Flabébé, lv. 15 • Magnemite, lv. 20 • Butterfree, lv. 14

My Balance now is (considering the trade I made with Simply Dunsparce)... 9 🪙

I got a Flabébé here, caught a few other Pokémon but mostly boxed them, got Bite on my Yungoos so that I at least have a Pokémon to make use of that new item I got, and beat Hala pretty easily thanks to my overleveled Brionne with Disarming Voice! This segment was definitely more chill than the previous one, and I think I'll get right at work on my next one!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Update #2 - Badges 2/8
    I didn't feel like switching to underleveled Ponyta + Zubat for this part so I just continued the second segment with the same clothes. There are barely any water types yet, but a lot of Rock/Ground/Grass/Bug types so spamming Water Gun + Ember worked pretty well. I didn't add any pokemon to the team but I caught a bunch and put them in boxes.

Team:
    Spoiler:

I wore the same clothes and followed the rules, bringing me up to 13 Coins. I'd like to buy one Haute Couture (8 Coins) for the Body, please :). I'll keep rolling until I get it :P

Years
  • Pokemon Black 2, Update #1

Clothing Items Used
    Spoiler:

My first segment started a bit rocky as I had to trade one of my clothing items due to me not having access to any Pokemon that would fit it, but after trading that item for the Lurantis Scythes I had to complete the much less daunting task of grinding an Oshawott to level 19.

I picked Oshawott as my starter and caught a Riolu and a Mareep (which according to the Pokedex is white, apparently) at Floccesy Ranch.

Grinding up Oshawott so that it could learn Fury Cutter was the longest part of the segment. I chose not to evolve it until level 19 so I could get Fury Cutter a level earlier.

Team
    Spoiler:

Because I wore 3 items of clothing an followed all rules I should get back 7 coins. I won't buy any new clothing for now.

Years
  • Ok I think I sort of understand the rules but, this looks interesting so I'm sliding right in

👗 Name: Wuzzy
    👗 Game of choice: Ultra Moon
    👗 Trainer Class: Youngster
    👗 Favorite Halloween Costume: aggravated person who performs various experiments for a living
    👗 First clothes you will buy: 12 coins total for...
    - 1x Basic for Head
    - 2x Fancy for Body / Legs

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
  • Falkner arc outfits:
    Spoiler:

I started my HG as a girl named Kris with Chara as her rival (bonus point if you know where I got those names from 😉). Kris picked Cyndaquil and Chara stole Totodile from Elm's lab. Starter aside, I only caught the two local rodents (Rattata and Sentret) and Mareep, though Mareep was a rather impromptu one as I forgot about that one patch of grass south from Violet Pokemart. Everything else was uneventful until Kris faced Falkner with all her four mons at level 10 -- awfully underleveled from Falkner's ace.

Ratta the Rattata kickstarted the gym match with a Focus Energy, then managed to take Falkner's Pidgey down with two Bites despite the Sand Attack on Ratta (bless the first Bite's flinch). As for his Pidgeotto, I had Baariette the Mareep to zap 'em with Thundershock. Normally a level 13 Pidgeotto would've outsped a level 10 Mareep, but Baariette's Static blessed me with a paralysis courtesy of Pidgeotto's Tackle. And the rest was history.

Proof and Team:
    (More details here: https://imgur.com/a/0ZRe5og)
    Spoiler:

Now that I got my 6 coins back, can I have an Haute Couture for legs, please?

Last edited:
    Years
  • The Volt White 2 Spooky Ball (1/8)

For this segment, I decided to wear. . . the only clothes i have:
    Spoiler:

Started the game and picked up one of the 2 starters I could pick, Azure the Oshawott (Yes, there is a nickname theme 😛)
    I picked up at least a full team before facing my rival, Gucci, in Floccesy Ranch being:
    -Vermillion the Weedle, now a Beedrill
    -Violet the Purrloin
    -Baby Blue the Bagon
    -Beige the Mankey
    -Lemon the Mareep
    -Sepia the Tyrogue (Boxed)
    Met up with Gucci in Floccesy Ranch and, in nicer words, wiped the floor with him
    Found dog, not very important, team plasma bad and started grinding for Cheren because i was expecting to get whooped several times

The 1st gym, Cheren:
    -heehee cross poison beedrill go brrr (no, i didnt know beedrill learnt it that early in this). I am expecting it to get so much harder tho cause the next gym's poison and cross poison can't sweep everything

The team after beating Cheren:
    Beedrill, Level 12 ~ Mankey, Level 13 ~ Bagon, Level 12 ~ Purrloin, Level 11 ~ Oshawott, Level 12 ~ Mareep, Level 12

Since I did all the rules I was given, I should be at 12 coins so I would like to try for a piece of Haute Couture for the legs and I'll save the 4 coins for something along the road

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Cubeth plays Pokémon Emerald but spooky - Part 2

Coins: 2

For this segment I used:
    Spoiler:

Gonna make this one real quick, both because there's not much to do between Roxanne's and Brawly's Gym and because I flopped at the end of the segment. Everything was going alright, I went to get Cut after beating the Gym, left one of my pokémon in the box to catch a Nincada that could learn it and headed to rescue the Devon Goods to the next route, battling every trainer before leaving to heal and battling the Team Aqua Grunt.

However, when I reached Dewford I was pretty underleveled, and made the mistake of not grinding at all in Granite Cave before the Gym. For that reason, while I was battling against the Gym Trainers, some of my pokémon had fainted, leaving me to lose the battle against Brawly.

I beat him easily at the second try, but because I lost the first time I don't get any coins for this segment.

Years
  • Pokemon Black 2, Update #2

Clothing Items Used
    Spoiler:

Other than catching a Growlithe to put in the box for later use (potentially), nothing of note happened during this segment. Roxie wasn't particularly though.

Team
    Spoiler:

Because I followed the rules and wore all 3 pieces of clothing, I should get 7 more coins, bringing me to a total of 14. I'll spent 8 coins for a Haute Couture item for the head.

Years

• Update #1

Clothing Items
    👗 Bisharp Helmet - Basic - Head
    You may only use Black and Red Pokémon.
    👗 Escavalier Armor - Fancy - Body + Legs
    You may not leave a new area without beating all the trainers available there first.

Log
    - Before I start, I do have some additional rules I'll be adding to this run. The game will be played on Set Mode, no healing / boosting items in battle, no Pokemon Refresh, and no over-levelling
    - Booted up the game, picked Litten as my starter, beat Hau, and helped Lillie save Nebby
    - Caught a Pikipek and battled all the trainers on my way to Iki Town for the festival. Once I arrived, Hau and I have to battle for some sort of tradition to please Tapu Koko
    Vs. Hau
    172.png
    722.png
    • Pichu goes down to Litten's barrage of Embers and doesn't really do much in retaliation
    • Litten chips Rowlet with 2 Embers, then I swap in Pikipek to finish it off with Peck to spread the Exp
    - Went to meet up with Professor Kukui with Lillie at Hau'oli Outskirts and battled all the trainers in that area, afterwards I backtracked to Route 1 to catch a Rattata-A (I think the game is permanently set to Day until the festival ends) before heading to the Trainer's School
    - Caught a Zorua and battled all of the required trainers and then headed to Hau'oli City to explore
    - Battled a Team Skull Grunt and Ilima directly after as a test to see if we're ready for the first island trial (not gonna lie... this battle gave me trouble)
    - Made my way through Route 2 and battled all the trainers before the roadblock, backtracked to Hau'oli Cemetery to catch a Murkrow and battled the trainers there as well
    - Did a small bit of grinding to bring the team up to Level 12, then headed inside Verdant Cavern to start the trial
    - Reached the clearing and as I go towards the altar, Totem Raticate appears and battles us
    Vs. Totem Raticate
    020-a.png
    019-a.png
    • Litten uses Leer, Raticate uses Scary Face and calls for help
    • Litten tanks Raticate and Rattata's Bite + Tackle combo and fires off an Ember. Litten recovers HP with the equipped Oran Berry, allowing it to launch a Blaze-boosted Ember before going down to Raticate's Bite
    • I send in Pikipek and Raticate goes for Scary Face before Pikipek KOs it with Rock Smash
    • Pikipek tanks 2 of Rattata's Hustle-boosted Tackles and finishes it off with Rock Smash
    - Totem Raticate retreats and I received the Normalium-Z and finished Part 1 of this run!
    - Since I followed all my conditions and completed Part 1 with all 3 areas covered, I will receive 7 coins total Zorua cursed
    - For clothing purchases... I'll be buying 2x Decent Clothing for Body + Legs, putting me at a balance of 1 coin

Team

[tab="0"]🌙[/tab]
      [tab="1"]
      725.png
      731.png
      019-a.png
      570.png
      198.png
      pokeball.png
      [/tab]
    - click the Pokemon -
    8hyn85T.gif

Trismegistus
    Lv. 12 | Blaze | Lax
    - Ember
    - Lick
    - Leer
    - Work Up
    vtdJXgn.gif

Nike
    Lv. 13 | Skill Link | Hardy
    - Peck
    - Echoed Voice
    - Brick Break
    - Supersonic

Z9cRK6k.gif

Zorro
    Lv. 13 | Gluttony | Rash
    - Bite
    - Quick Attack
    - Leer
    - Focus Energy
    U0nTpWe.gif

Astria
    Lv. 13 | Illusion | Sassy
    - Pursuit
    - Fury Swipes
    - Leer
    - Fake Tears

qUe1kb4.gif

Pandora
    Lv. 13 | Super Luck | Quirky
    - Peck
    - Pursuit
    - Astonish
    - Haze

-

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Cubeth plays Pokémon Emerald but spooky - Part 3

Coins: 3

For this segment I used:
    Spoiler:

Yes, I used the same rules as the first segment. After messing up my second segment I figured I do not want to use it ever again, and I'm glad I didn't because I lost the battle against Brendan once again for being underleveled (although I could've won if my Dustox hadn't gotten paralyzed beforehand since the main reason I lost was speed and he has String Shot).

The first thing I did after leaving Dewford's Gym was once again picking Nincada from the PC, this time to teach it Flash, and then went to Granite Cave I tried to do some grinding there, but honestly the only pokémon worth the trouble is Makuhita and while they are common, I was going to have better luck grinding in other ways. I did catch Stone the Geodude though, just to make Watson's battle a cakewalk.

After meeting Steven, I went back to Rustboro to get the Exp. Share from Mr. Stone and then went to Slateport. I battled some trainers here and there, changed some nicknames, boxed Beautifly because it sucks. Mouse and Aecor also evolved, but it happened after I reached Mauville for the second time (first time I got the bike and headed back to Slateport). I kept battling with Stone until she learned Magnitude, then leveled up the other pokémon.

Watson's battle was easy... with Stone. That's why I lost the first time after using Self-Destruct accidentaly.

1986_-_Pokemon_Emerald_UTrashMan_1633571420418.png

Mouse and Stone both know Defense Curl for the Magneton Component rule.

1986_-_Pokemon_Emerald_UTrashMan_1633571458015.png

1986_-_Pokemon_Emerald_UTrashMan_1633571461500.png

I also lost all of my money buying coins from the game corner, so when I battled Watson I was like this:

1986_-_Pokemon_Emerald_UTrashMan_1633571199787.png

I succesfully beat this segment following all of my rules, which gives me 9 coins and puts me at 11 coins. However, I'll spend 8 of them for a Haute Couture one.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Finished my first segment yesterday so I'll write a quick update!

Pokemon Firered - Update 1

Clothes used for this segment:
    Spoiler:

• Started the game, I named myself Sophie and my rival Gary
    • Selected a starter, since I was not able to use any of the starters as they would either be red, green or blue in colour, I decided to pick one at random and went with Squirtle, which I nicknamed 'Farewell'
    • Fought Gary and won
    • Went to Viridian City and fled from all the wild Pokemon battles so that my starter was not being used, collected the package for Oak
    • Got Pokeballs from Oak
    • Went and caught the first wild encounter which was a Pidgey that I ended up nicknaming 'Jelly' (must have been hungry when I was thinking of nicknames :D)
    • Immediately switched to using Pidgey only, got to Virdian City again and boxed Farewell the Squirtle
    • Trained Jelly the Pidgey up on Route 1 against the wild Pokemon
    • Caught a Rattata which I nicknamed 'Cheese' (was thinking of using it as a HM slave but I realise now that the HM rule means I won't be needing one soon)
    • Went to the route left of Viridian City and caught a Mankey, which I nicknamed 'Pancakes'
    • Trained Pidgey and Mankey up before proceeding to Viridian Forest
    • Got through Viridian Forest, had a few Pokemon faint from poisoning but managed to make it to the Pokemon Center
    • Decided to take on Brock when Mankey learnt Karate Chop at Level 12
    • Karate chopped Geodude and low kicked Onix with Mankey to secure the 1st gym badge
    Team + badge proof:
    Spoiler:

Hopefully I followed all the rules as I think there are no HMs available in Firered before the 1st badge. :D

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    A bit late on joining but this seems fun, although the rule is a bit convoluted for me to understand, I'll try to follow through :]
    👗 Name: Kyatra
    👗 Game of choice: Ultra Moon (Haven't played it in a while so why not)
    👗 Trainer Class: Dancer
    👗 Favorite Halloween Costume: used to be vampire but apparently now its mad scientist
    👗 First clothes you will buy: 3 decent clothes, for each body parts

Years
  • The Volt White 2 Spooky Ball 2/8

For this segment, I decided to spice things up and be a bit fancy and wear:
    Spoiler:

-The second segment started off as a bit of a shock because I really didn't focus on catching a lot of Pokemon last section. However, I was saved by a clown lurking in a house who graciously gifted me Burgundy the Cyndaquil, later on evolving into a Quilava
    -Since the amount of content between the 2 gyms is very small, this segment was mainly made up of a lot of grinding so I'll just skip over to the gym

The 2nd Gym, Roxie:
    Honestly. . . not as hard as I expected
    -Azure the Dewott started who managed to deal a pretty decent amount of damage to the Trubbish before fainting to a Normal Gem boosted Explosion. However, 2 layers of toxic spikes were set up
    -Switched into Vermilion the Beedrill because of the toxic spikes and had to face a Koffing with incinerate. Didn't really work out all too well and he fainted quite quickly
    -Switched into Burgundy the Quilava who essentially destroyed the rest of her team after somehow developing psychic powers with extrasensory (Still don't understand how a spicy weasel can use psychic powers but I'm not complaining)

And that was that, here was the team:

Dewott, Level 18 ~ Purrloin, Level 18 ~ Beedrill, Level 18 ~ Mankey, Level 18~ Flaaffy, Level 19 ~ Quilava, Level 20

Now, if my math is correct (if not, please correct me), I should have 22 coins now as I stuck to the rules of the clothing and gained 10 levels throughout so I would like to buy a fancy piece of clothing for each body part please :)

Years

• Update #2

Clothing Items
    👗 Stonjourner Slab - Fancy - Head + Body
    You may only use Pokémon whose current Special Defense stat is less than 120.
    👗 Noivern Tail - Basic - Legs
    Your maximum party side is reduced by 1.

Log
    - With the roadblock removed, I have access to Route 3 now. Decided to deposit Zorua (since it's now cursed) and Pikipek (I've used Toucannon so many times now) before proceeding
    - Explored Route 3 and then headed inside Melemele Meadow. Inside, I help Lillie find Nebby and caught a Cutiefly and Oricorio to add to the team
    - Found Nebby inside the Seaward Cave, Phyco and Soliera come out of the woodwork and challenges us for Nebby. After picking up Nebby and leaving Melemele Meadow, Hau ambushes and immediately challenges me to a battle
    Vs. Hau
    722.png
    714.png
    025.png
    • Cutiefly chips Rowlet with Silver Winds which causes it to consume its Sitrus Berry. Since Cutiefly took a lot of damage from Rowlet's Peck, I switch it out for Oricorio who takes down Rowlet with Air Cutter
    • Noibat comes in and I switch out to Murkrow which gets confused by Supersonic upon switch-in. Murkrow hits itself and tanks Noibat's Gust; on the next 2 turns, Murkrow breaks through confusion and finishes Noibat with 2 Pecks
    • Hau sends in Pikachu and I switch in Litten to tank Thundershock, the next turn Litten nearly takes out Pikachu with Fire Fang but gets paralyzed from Static. Litten tanks multiple Quick Attacks and Thundershocks and eventually, comes through and ends the battle with Fire Fang
    - After the battle, Professor Kukui comes along and tells Hau and I that we can challenge Hala to complete the first Grand Trial
    - Did a small amount of grinding through catching a bunch of random Pokemon (for the Poke Pelago so I can get early Dusk/Dawn/Shiny Stones, I did run back to the PC to deposit Pokemon so I don't go over the 5 party cap) then headed towards Iki Town
    - Once I've arrived, I approached Hala to commence the Grand Trial!
    Vs. Hala
    066.png
    296.png
    739.png
    • Cutiefly uses Draining Kiss as Machop uses Focus Energy. Next turn, the 2nd Draining Kiss barely misses the KO but, Cutiefly tanks a critical-hit Revenge and finishes Machop off with another Draining Kiss
    • Makuhita uses Fake Out but, Cutiefly doesn't get flinched due to Shield Dust and retaliates with Draining Kiss. Cutiefly attacks with another Draining Kiss as Makuhita uses Sand-Attack, Makuhita then goes down to one last Draining Kiss
    • Crabrawler comes in and I send in Oricorio to take the incoming All-Out Pummeling. Air Cutter nearly OHKOs Crabrawler and it goes for Power-Up Punch, afterwards Oricorio ends the match with Air Cutter
    - I beat Hala which nets me the Fightinium-Z and allowing me to finish Part 2 of the run!
    - After the battle, the same Tauros that stalked me came back and I receive the very important Ride Pager
    - Since I followed all my conditions and completed Part 2 with all 3 areas covered (this time for sure), I will receive 7 coins total
    - For clothing purchases... I'll be buying 2x Decent Clothing for Head + Legs, putting me at a balance of 2 coins

Team

[tab="00"]🌙[/tab]
      [tab="11"]
      725.png
      741-p.png
      019-a.png
      742.png
      198.png
      pokeball.png
      [/tab]
    - click the Pokemon -
    8hyn85T.gif

Trismegistus @ Quick Claw
    Lv. 16 | Blaze | Lax
    - Fire Fang
    - Double Kick
    - Leer
    - Work Up
    lPc4A1U.gif

Hermes @ Sharp Beak
    Lv. 16 | Dancer | Lonely
    - Air Cutter
    - Roost
    - Work Up
    - Baton Pass

Z9cRK6k.gif

Zorro
    Lv. 16 | Gluttony | Rash
    - Hyper Fang
    - Bite
    - Quick Attack
    - Focus Energy
    hzYSEEO.gif

Himiko @ Silver Powder
    Lv. 16 | Shield Dust | Gentle
    - Silver Wind
    - Draining Kiss
    - Struggle Bug
    - Stun Spore

qUe1kb4.gif

Pandora
    Lv. 16 | Super Luck | Quirky
    - Wing Attack
    - Pursuit
    - Roost
    - Haze

-

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Segment 2
    Clothes: Banette Costume

- Fortunately, I had a lot of fresh captures just waiting for me in the box. Some of them were even level appropriate due to the magic of Max Raids.

- After that I went to the Wild Area to faff about with Max Raids again, got a lot of cool new mons. Some to actually use, some to keep in the box for possible future segments.

- AU, a Cleffa I got last update evolved into Clefairy!

- Got the bike, beat Hop.

vs Nessa
    - I had Watt, the Stenee to deal with most of Nessa's Pokémon - and she did, but she was badly wounded by the time Drednaw came around. So I switched to Newton, the Scraggy to tank the Dynamax.

I got it to about half health and with Spe - 1 before having Scraggy die, I assumed Watt would outspeed, but nope. It took a combination of Aftermath and AU's sheer tankiness to finally kill Drednaw and get the win.

Badges: 2/8

Team (don't mind the dates on some of these - I was messing with the system clock to get a certain weather on the Wild Area)
    Spoiler:

As I completed the segment with a full set, I should get 16 coins for a total of 17.

Of those 17 coins, I'd like to spend 8 coins on an haute couture body and 3 coins on a Decent set of legs - leaving me with a total of 6 coins.

EDIT: I'll be rerolling the Rhyperior Scales, please.

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022

Pokemon Shield - segment #1

The Rules

Samurott Helmet - Decent - Head · You may only use Pokémon whose evolution family has at least 3 stages.
    Toxtricity Strings - Decent - Body · You can only use moves that don't make contact.
    Milotic Tail - Decent - Legs · You may only catch one Pokémon per area, choose wisely!

The Ghouls

817MS8.png
    825MS8.png
    272MS8.png
    520MS8.png
    263GMS8.png
    838MS8.png
    025MS8.png
    [details]

The Horror!

Because of the Toxtricity Strings rule, decided to focus on Pokemon who can learn special attacks early on, since most non-contact moves are special. Chose Sobble as my starter, and for the first gym decided to catch and train Blipbug and Pidove. Funnily enough, 4 of my final 7 Pokemon caught in this segment ended up having SpA decreasing natures.

Had fun running around the Wild Area, camping and doing a few raids. Thanks to the Exp Share, almost everyone is at a cozy level 18-20.

The first gym was a formality, with Blipbug (now Dottler) cruising through the trainers there with Struggle Bug on pure Grass-types, and Confusion on the odd(ish) Grass/Poisons. Against Milo himself, I lead with Dottler, who easily took care of his Gossifleur, then sent in a newly evolved Tranquill against his Dynamax Eldegoss, and finished the job with 3 Max Airstreams.

For following all three rules, I'm getting back my 9 coins, bringing my total back to 12. And I'll be spending 8 coins on a haute couture torso item.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back