• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] The Showcase of the Haunted Costumes - Halloween Event 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years

• Update #5

Clothing Items
    👗 Stonjourner Slab - Fancy - Head + Body
    You may only use Pokémon whose current Special Defense stat is less than 120.
    👗 Gallade Pants - Decent - Legs
    You must play in Set Mode.

Log
    - Now that I can catch Pokemon again, I caught a Steenee at Lush Jungle and swapped out Murkrow
    - Flew back to Heahea City and headed towards Hano Grand Resort. Explored Hano Beach and swapped out Milotic with a Staryu (mainly because I feel Milotic might hit the 120 SpD cap quickly) and immediately used a Water Stone on it so it can evolve into a Starmie
    - Went inside to meet with Faba, afterwards the gang shows up and we all head to the Aether Paradise
    - Met Lusamine for the first time and directly after, Nihilego shows up and I take it out. Right after the battle, Mudbray evolves into Mudsdale
    - Arrived at Malie City on Ula'Ula Island and before I can meet up with Professor Kukui, Hau challenges me to a battle
    Vs. Hau
    723.png
    134.png
    714.png
    128.png
    026-a.png
    • Dartrix goes down to 2 of Torracat's Fire Fangs and gets a lucky flinch
    • I switch out Torracat for Steenee to take Vaporeon's Water Pulse. Steenee surprisingly takes a lot of damage from 2 Water Pulses but, it is able to chip it with Razor Leaf before I switch in Starmie. Starmie tanks multiple Water Pulses before taking Vaporeon down with a few Psychics
    • Noibat gets OHKOed by Starmie's Psychic
    • Raichu-A comes in and swap in Mudsdale to nullify the incoming Thunderbolt. Mudsdale misses the first High Horsepower but, it tanks 2 Psychics and KOs Raichu-A with High Horsepower
    • Mudsdale chips Tauros with High Horsepower before going down to 2 Horn Attacks. I send in my own Tauros which finishes off Hau's Tauros with 2 Horn Attacks and tanks 2 Horn Attacks
    - After the battle, Steenee evolves into a Tsareena and I head to Malie Garden to meet up with Professor Kukui at the tea shop
    - Explored Malie Garden and the rest of Malie City, went to the library with Lillie before heading off to Route 10
    - At Route 10, I caught a Pancham to replace Tauros then rode the bus all the way to Hokulani Observatory. Explored Mt. Hokulani before entering the observatory to start the 5th trial and during this time, Pancham evolves into a Pangoro
    - Received the Steelium-Z from Molayne and then talked to Sophocles to help him round up the Charjabugs needed for the trial. With that done, I start the 5th trial within the Hokulani Observatory
    - After lining up the Charjabugs to power up Sophocles's machine, the machine goes haywire causing Totem Togedemaru to intervene in order to absorb excess electricity before challenging us
    Vs. Totem Togedemaru
    777.png
    227.png
    702.png
    • Mudsdale tanks Iron Head and nearly OHKOs Togedemaru with High Horsepower. Togedemaru heals up with a Sitrus Berry and calls for a Dedenne
    • Togedemaru attacks with another Iron Head while Dedenne uses Charm, Mudsdale's High Horsepower takes down Togedemaru
    • Dedenne uses Super Fang but gets OHKOed by High Horsepower as well
    - After the battle, Torracat finally evolves into an Incineroar! I also receive the Electrium-Z from Sophocles and completed the 5th trial
    - Flew back to Malie City to deliver Professor Kukui's Masked Royal mask at Malie Garden. Ran into Team Skull and Guzma, Professor Kukui then encourages the Guzma and I to battle each other
    Vs. Guzma
    768.png
    284.png
    • Oricorio uses Air Cutter which brings Golisopod under 50% health and activates Emergency Exit, bringing in Masquerain
    • Masquerain gets a lucky flinch and deals quite a bit with Air Slash and on the next turn, Oricorio tanks another Air Slash nearly OHKOs Masquerain with a critical-hit Air Cutter. Unfortunately, Masquerain secures the knockout with Bug Buzz but, Pangoro knocks it out with Bullet Punch
    • Golisopod comes back and deals a heavy hit with First Impression but, Pangoro takes it down with 2 Thief attacks
    - Returned the mask to Professor Kukui then proceeded onward to Route 11 for the 6th trial near Tapu Village
    - With the Electrium-Z, the roadblock at the end of Route 11 is removed and I can proceed onward to Route 12. Hapu shows up and provides us with the Mudsdale Poke Ride which lets me maneuver through the rocky terrain
    - Took a detour to Ula'Ula Beach and Blush Mountain to catch a Togedemaru to replace Oricorio
    - Made it through Route 12 and ran into both Hau and Gladion at Route 13. After Gladion tells us Cosmog is important and needs protection, he leaves and I end up in Tapu Village
    - Went to Route 15 to visit the Aether House in order to find Acerola, rescued Lillie from a Team Skull Grunt then headed back to Tapu Village
    - Explored Route 14 before entering the Thrifty Megamart to start the 6th trial. After taking pictures of some Ghost Pokemon and encountering a phantom Acerola, I enter the backroom and found that Totem Mimikyu ambushed and challenged me
    Vs. Totem Mimikyu
    778.png
    354.png
    593.png
    • Mimikyu uses Play Rough while Mudsdale uses Heavy Slam to break Mimikyu's Disguise. Mimikyu then calls for a Banette
    • Mimikyu uses another Play Rough and Banette successfully burns Mudsdale with Will-O-Wisp which made Heavy Slam do less damage. Next turn, Mudsdale barely survives a Play Rough due to prior Defense boosts from Stamina and Banette goes for Curse, allowing Mudsdale to land one more Heavy Slam before falling to burn damage
    • Togedemaru tanks Shadow Claw and nearly takes down Mimikyu with Iron Head as Banette goes Screech. I switch out Togedemaru for Pangoro which sponges Mimikyu's Shadow Claw and Banette's Faint Attack
    • Pangoro finishes off Mimikyu with Bullet Punch, Banette misses Will-O-Wisp twice and goes down to Payback
    - After turning in Totem Mimikyu's picture, Acerola hands me the Ghostium-Z which completes the 6th trial and Part 5 of the run
    - Since I completed this segment with all the conditions followed (proof), I will receive 8 coins at the end
    - For my clothing purchases, I'll be buying 1x Haute Couture for the Head again, leaving me at a balance of 0 coins

Team

[tab="closed2"]🌙[/tab]
      [tab="team2"]
      727.png
      777.png
      675.png
      750.png
      763.png
      121.png
      [/tab]
    - click the Pokemon -
    Qkcr08b.gif

Trismegistus @ Charcoal
    Lv. 35 | Blaze | Lax
    - Fire Fang
    - Darkest Lariat
    - Brick Break
    - Flame Charge
    l1YL8CB.gif

Anat @ Magnet
    Lv. 35 | Lightning Rod | Hardy
    - Zing Zap
    - Iron Head
    - Nuzzle
    - Magnet Rise

6AzEL7B.gif

Tomoe @ Muscle Band
    Lv. 35 | Iron Fist | Sassy
    - Brick Break
    - Payback
    - Ice Punch
    - Bullet Punch
    FZ9oiRJ.gif

Castor @ Expert Belt
    Lv. 35 | Stamina | Jolly
    - High Horsepower
    - Heavy Slam
    - Double Kick
    - Rock Tomb

kQ1Vt51.gif

Maia @ Rose Incense
    Lv. 36 | Queenly Majesty | Quirky
    - Seed Bomb
    - Stomp
    - Trop Kick
    - U-Turn
    wucArLM.gif

Penthesilea @ Wise Glasses
    Lv. 35 | Natural Cure | Gentle
    - Bubblebeam
    - Psychic
    - Signal Beam
    - Thunder Wave

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022

Pokemon Shield - segment #4

The Rules

Rhyperior Horn - Decent - Head · You may only use Pokémon from Generation 2, 4, 6 and 8.
    Gothitelle Gown - Haute Couture - Body + Legs · You may only use Pokémon you caught during this segment.

The Ghouls

828MS8.png
    879MS8.png
    836MS8.png
    660MS8.png
    222GMS8.png
    451MS8.png
    [details]

The Horror!

Since I was unable to equip my shiny new Shiny Sableye Costume, I continued with the same clothes as last segment and went straight to the Wild Area to find new Pokemon. Ended up catching about 20 or so, all from even gens, and continued my adventure with Yamper, Cufant, Skorupi, Diggersby, and more importantly, Thievul and Galarian Corsola, who will most likely be the stars of the next segment, as some of the few pure Dark and pure Ghost available this segment.

The only battle of mention in this segment was the rival battle in Stow-on-Side. Led with Boltund, who had just evolved, and fried Hop's Cramorant with just one Spark. Thievul defeated Silicobra, and Diggersby took care of Toxel and Raboot.

Before going to the gym, we trained some more to make sure everyone evolved. Then, at the gym:
    • led with Thievul against Yamask for an easy Snarl OHKO
    • Copperajah took care of Mimikyu with 2 Heavy Slams -- first revealing its Disguise, second taking it out
    • then Boltund came out and devoured Allister's Cursola in one Crunch
    • and lastly, Dynamaxed Diggersby against Gigantamax Gengar, and defeated it with 2 Max Quakes.
    With this I believe I am back to 14 coins (8 haute couture + 3 decent + 3 leftover). I'd like to spend 9 coins on Decent items, one for each body part.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I'd like to use my last Banette reroll on the Blissey Egg please.
    Also, I think there's some broken tags there

Years
  • Update #3 - Badges 3/8

For this segment I wore the full body Muk costume, so most of this segment was spent training pokemon so they're usable at least a tiny bit. Curse helped in the tougher battles making it easier to stall the stronger pokemon.

Spoiler:

I wore a Fancy piece of Clothing which also was a full set (+10) and also I'm sacrificing the whole team (everyone participated in some way) (+12) giving me a total of 22 Coins for this segment. I'll buy 4 pieces of Decent clothing for the Body and I'll roll again for a Haute Couture (Body) (-20 Coins).

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Cubeth plays Pokémon Emerald but spooky - Part 7

Coins: 11

For this segment I used:
    Spoiler:

Okkkk there's a lot going on in this segment lmao. Since I was meant to beat the Psychic Type gym, I boxed Combusken and also Golem because it was too OP... grave mistake, because that left me with Slugma (who evolved a bit later just to be as shitty). I also unboxed Salt and a Kecleon I caught during the last segment to get the 6 coins bonus.

First thing I had to do was get to Mt. Pyre, of course, and beat the Aqua grunts there. Then head to Magma's Hideout in Mt. Chimney, getting me to the worst part of the game, because why the hell do u have wild pokémon in your hideout that are stronger than your grunt's pokémon wtf. If these guys had had a Torkoal, they would've made this part of the game much harder for me, but whatever. Maxie's battle wasn't easy, but that was mostly because I was underleveled. If I'm not mistaken, my Golbat evolved then.

Then was going to slateport to watch the submarine get stolen, then going to Aqua's hideout for the best part of the game. Out of the two teams, I think Aqua is the dumbest one, don't get me wrong, but it's clear they were much better organized in this part. While Archie was busy tinkering with the submarine, the grunts were actually doing something, which is slow me down. During the Magma part of this segment most Magma grunts were standing in not a single important part of the hideout.

After this, I went to Mossdeep city and tried to take on Tate & Liza with a really underleveled team, so I had to grind a bit. Thankfully, by that part of the game, NPCs start accepting rematches, so I headed to Mauville, were most of those are. I also spent my money on some Game Corner coins and TMs in Lilycove, especifically the two screens for Salt, who was really useful during the battle with Tate & Liza not only for being the most defensive pokémon on my team but also because she Traced Claydol's Levitate, ability the twins' whole strategy is based on. It was the most difficult battle by a lot, but after trying a lot to pull through I was able to beat them.

1986_-_Pokemon_Emerald_UTrashMan_1634221960695.png

I beat this gym without breaking my one rule, so I get 3 coins plus another 3 for using a whole set. Since I boxed Salt and Kecleon permanently, I also get 6 coins, which gives me a total of 12 coins. However, I'm getting spending all of that in 1 Haute Coture costume for the head and two basic costumes for the body, putting me back at the 11 coins I had when I started this segment (I might be doing math wrong, though because for some reason the player board says I have 13 rn).

Years

• Update #6

Clothing Items
    👗 Shiny Sableye Costume - Haute Couture - Every Slot
    Pick 1 pure Dark-type and 1 pure Ghost-type. You can only use them for this segment.
    After you beat this segment, permanently box both Pokémon and gain 8 coins for each.

Log
    - Deposited my entire team and went to Malie Garden to catch a Meowth-A and the Thrifty Megamart for a Shuppet to fulfill the condition. I chose Meowth because Persian is fast and bulky (due to Fur Coat) while having earlier access to Nasty Plot, Shuppet was chosen since it's the only pure Ghost-type available before the post-game
    - Grinded the new team up before progressing the story by heading to the Aether House on Route 15 again
    - Team Skull and Plumeria block the entrance and we have to battle them, afterwards Plumeria tells me to go to Po Town if we want to save the stolen Yungoos from the little girl
    - Met Grimsley who gives us the Sharpedo Poke Ride and made it to Route 16, on the way Shuppet evolves into a Banette
    - Passed through Ula'Ula Meadow and Route 17. After defeating the Team Skull Grunts blocking the entrance, Nanu shows up and lets me into Po Town
    - Explored Po Town and the Shady House and found Guzma at the end, after some banter he challenges me to a battle
    Vs. Guzma
    768.png
    284.png
    127.png
    • Banette paralyzes Golisopod with Thunder Wave, rendering Sucker Punch useless. Next turn, I swap out Banette for Persian and Golisopod goes for another failed Sucker Punch
    • Persian uses Z-Sunny Day to boost its Speed while the sun decreases the damage of Golisopod's Razor Shell. Persian boosts up with Work Up while easily tanking Razor Shell and Sucker Punch, eventually Persian OHKOs Golisopod with Power Gem
    • Masquerain and Pinsir also get OHKOed by Persian's Power Gem on subsequent turns
    - Picked up the Yungoos and a Buginium-Z before heading outside. Nanu and Acerola show up to pick up the Yungoos before leaving for the Aether House
    - Returned to the Aether House and found out Lillie went with Plumeria to some location, Gladion shows up and gets upset that Lillie and Cosmog are gone before challenging us to a battle
    Vs. Gladion
    042.png
    571.png
    772.png
    • Banette paralyzes Golbat with Thunder Wave and tanks Acrobatics. Due to Golbat's lower Speed, Banette outspeeds and attacks with Shadow Claw before going down to another Acrobatics
    • Persian boosts its Speed with Z-Rain Dance and maxes out it's Special Attack with Nasty Plot while tanking a few Acrobatics. Eventually, Persian finishes off Golbat with Power Gem
    • Type:Null sponges Persian's Snarl and attacks with X-Scissor, since I got lucky with paralysis on Golbat and Persian didn't take too much damage, it was able to survive. Next turn, Type:Null goes down to Power Gem
    • Thanks to the Speed boost, Persian outspeeds and OHKOs Zoroark with Power Gem
    - Gladion drags Hau and I to the Malie City port in order to rescue Lillie at the Aether Paradise
    - While waiting for Hau, Nanu shows up and tells us to battle him so I can complete the Ula'Ula grand trial
    Vs. Nanu
    302.png
    552.png
    053-a.png
    • Persian sets up 2 Nasty Plots while tanking Sableye's Power Gems and Fake Out. Persian restores its health with an equipped Sitrus Berry and takes down Sableye with Snarl and Power Gem
    • Krokorok easily goes down to Persian's Hidden Power [Water]
    • Nanu sends in his own Persian which attacks with Fake out and Power Gem while taking a ton of damage from my Persian's boosted Power Gem. Nanu's Persian takes down my Persian with Power Gem but, it's low enough that Banette is able to finish it off with Sucker Punch
    - Nanu hands me the Darkium-Z, allowing me to complete the Ula'Ula Grand Trial and part 6 of the run
    - Nanu leaves and Hau shows up before we all head to the Aether Paradise to rescue Lillie and Cosmog, though I head back to Malie City to deposit my team to secure my coins
    - Since I completed this segment with the condition followed, I will receive 24 coins at the end (8 for completing this section with all parts covered + 16 for depositing both team members)
    - For my clothing purchases, I'll be buying 3x Haute Couture for the Head, Body, and Legs, leaving me at a balance of 0 coins

Team

[tab="closed3"]🌙[/tab]
      [tab="team3"]
      053-a.png
      354.png
      pokeball.png
      pokeball.png
      pokeball.png
      pokeball.png
      [/tab]
    - click the Pokemon -
    8awvgEK.gif

Artemis @ Wise Glasses
    Lv. 45 | Fur Coat | Bashful
    - Snarl
    - Power Gem
    - Hidden Power [Water]
    - Nasty Plot
    6eNzonJ.gif

Loki @ Black Glasses
    Lv. 44 | Insomnia | Adamant
    - Shadow Claw
    - Sucker Punch
    - Curse
    - Thunder Wave

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well, I didn't get anything good, so I just continued using Muk Blanket. I withdrew Rotom from the box, caught some pokemon and trained them a bit. My team has quite the advantage over Maylene so she went down easily.

Spoiler:

I wore the Muk Blanket and followed the rule (+10) and I'm killing off Rotom, Duskull and Gastrodon (+6). With my 23 Coins I'll try one final time for a """""Haute Couture""""" (Body) (-8).

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Some Chandelure costumes have been given out, and with that, comes the power to know what all of the sets actually do... wow that's a lot of stuff :woop:
    All sets are in alphabetical order of the Pokémon you're looking for!

Spoiler:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022

Pokemon Shield - segment #5

The Rules

Shiny Sableye Costume - Haute Couture - Every Slot
    Pick 1 pure Dark-type and 1 pure Ghost-type. You can only use them for this segment.
    After you beat this segment, permanently box both Pokémon and gain 8 coins for each.

The Ghouls

828MS8.png
    864MS8.png
    [details]

The Horror!

Right away boxed everyone except for Thievul and Corsola, who I caught during last segment specifically to be able to equip the Shiny Sableye Costume. Just as we were leaving the stadium on Stow-on-Side, we ran into Sonia and went to the mural to find Bede, intent on smashing it to pieces. We had to stop him! The battle was over very quickly, as expected, with Thievul using Nasty Plot on the first turn to make sure he got the 1HKO on all four of Bede's pure Psychic types.

Then we went through Glimwood Tangle, battled the trainers there, and Cursola evolved! In preparation for the Fairy gym, both Pokemon learned brand new moves, and soon we were entering the stadium.

The truth is, I could have done the entire gym battle against Opal with just Cursola, but I wanted to let Thievul share the spotlight, so I sent him against Weezing, and defeated it with just one Psychic. Then Cursola came out, took down Mawile with Earth Power, and Togekiss with Ice Beam. Gigantamax Alcremie was a tougher cookie (tiered cake?). Cursola dynamaxed and used Max Quake three times, boosting her own Special Defense and dealing some damage to Alcremie, who drained some of Cursola's health with G-Max Finale. After they both came back to normal, Cursola burned Alcremie with Will-O-Wisp, then dealt massive damage with Hex, finally ending the gym battle.

With this, I've finished this segment using only Thievul and Cursola, as per my rule, and additionally I'll be permaboxing both, gaining 8 + 8 + 16 = 32 coins, for a total of 37 coins. I'll take 2 haute couture item for the head (16 coins) and then 3 decent items, one per part (9 coins).

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Segment 4
    - Costume: Banette Set

- Like always I went to the Wild Area and got a lot of Pokémon. I got like 4 Psychic or Fairy types but the most important one ended up being the humble Applin.

- Because at Hammerlocke, you can wingman this kid and get a Tart Apple, so Applin becomes Flapple.

- I really like the Team Yell roadblocks. Like, they're dumb but they're supposed to be dumb - they're just outright bullying you or picking the flimsiest excuses for the reasons that are expanded upon in the plot and the Stow-on-Side sequence exemplifies that beautifully. I get why they might not everybody's cup of tea, but it's an actual throughline and I very much like that compared to roadblocks like "Psyducks are here lol" or "We're just dancing".

- And now versus Bea, why Flapple the Pokémon that doesn't even have a type advantage against Flying is the most important Pokémon I caught: it gets the Ripen + Dragon Dance + Acrobatics combo. Gmax Machamp actually survived a Max Airstream, but couldn't OHKO Flapple, so a subsequent Acrobatics was enough to kill it.

Team
    Spoiler:

I used Banette Set so I get 8 + 8 coins, making my total go to 32. I then buy an Haute Couture set, leaving my total at 24.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023

Pokemon Firered - Segment 2

Clothes used this segment
    👗 Persian Gem - Decent - Head
    You may not use any Red, Green or Blue Pokémon.
    👗 Watchog Safety Vest - Basic - Body
    All of your Pokémon must know at least one HM move, if available.
    👗 Kricketune Shoes - Basic - Legs
    Pokémon cannot evolve unless they are level 25 or lower.

• Short update but I got around to playing more! Making slow progress but will hopefully speed it up before the end of the month:
    • Headed to Mt Moon where I caught Potato the Geodude (forgot to write its name in all caps though)
    • Proceeded to Cerulean City
    • Fought Gary again and won
    • Cleared out the bridge with trainers, Jelly the Pidgey evolved into Pidgeotto
    • Trained up my entire party of Geodude, Pidgeotto and Mankey
    • Was able to clear Misty using Pidgeotto, however had to use a lot of other Pokemon as sacrifices during the battle due to Water Pulse confusion forcing me to switch out (see below team screenshot)
    • Earned the 2nd badge, clearing all the rules needed!
    Badge and team proof:
    Spoiler:

Also could I purchase decent clothing for both the body and the legs? (should cost 6 coins total) :D

Years
  • Update #5 - Badges 5/8

Looks like 4th time's the charm :P For this segment I wore the Chandelure costume. I've already defeated all the trainers between those two gyms while I was training up my team, so I only had the Rival + Gym battles left. I was a tiny bit underleveled so the fights were kinda scary, but I managed to survive without a death.

Team:
    Spoiler:

I should get 16 Coins for this segment bringing me up to 31 Coins. I'd like to buy one piece of Decent clothing, please :) (Legs) (-3)

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Eleanor's fourth update on Pokémon Ultra Moon

For this update I decided to wear...
    👗 Grimmsnarl Hair - Haute Couture - Every Slot
    When in battle, when one of your Pokémon is on the field, you can only select the "Fight" option. (No Bag, no Run, no switching unless your Pokémon has fainted).
    Grimmsnarl Set (1/1): You get one bonus coin for every level your Pokémon have gained during this segment, up to a maximum of 10 Coins.

My team after beating Kahuna Olivia is...
    Brionne, lv. 33 • Mudsdale, lv. 31 • Magneton, lv. 31 • Eevee, lv. 28 • Zorua, lv. 26 • Archen, lv. 21
    with a special mention to the now boxed Magmar, lv. 26, and Butterfree, lv. 22.

My Balance now is (considering the trade I made with Simply Dunsparce)... 31 🪙!

That 31 is from the 5 coins I had before, plus the 8x2=16 coins from wearing the full Grimmsnarl set, plus the 10 bonus from gaining at least 10 levels on my team.
    That said... this was a long segment, and it felt even more daunting at first. But with some planning, I was able to get through it quite easily, with just a few KOs along the road. Let's be real, I'm quite overleveled for this point in the game...
    The Mallow trial was made quite easy at first thanks to my newly caught Magmar. But not even that was enough to break through Totem Lurantis's Synthesis! I had Butterfree in the back for that battle, but even that was knocked out, leaving - ironically - Brionne to finish the job with some Icy Wind. The same happened, more or less, against Olivia... I was sure I could beat her entire team with just my newly evolved Magneton and its Mirror Shot, but Lycanroc was able to put a stop to that with some lucky Bite flinches. I had Mudsdale in the back though, and there was obviously no match in that case: Lycanroc didn't even dare use its Z-Move!

Anything else worth nothing? Well! I sure couldn't catch anything, but I was still able to buy a fossil and get a gift Archen, which I'm currently raising and which I'm using as a replacement for Magmar (while I can). I'm also keeping an Eevee in the team, who appears to be very eager to evolve into Umbreon but that I'd like to evolve into Leafeon once he learns a certain move... because the ever so useful Dark type should already be covered by my Zorua, who I'm also trying to get back to level.
    My plan is, at this point, to really make my team work well around the Grimmsnarl costume (which is basically a Bravery Challenge - no running from wild Pokémon - plus a few more things) and get as many coins as I can with it... I think I'm doing decent for now, even if I'm covered in a total mess of tangled hair! ♥

Not buying anything for now, so that my balance will stay at 31 Coins, but will update everyone else shortly :woop:

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Cubeth plays Pokémon Emerald but spooky - Part 8

Coins: 17

For this segment I used:
    Spoiler:

After beating Tate & Liza I went to box Kecleon and Salt because of the rule from the previous segment, and Magcargo, because it sucks and there's no way I was going to keep using it, and then went to do some grinding with pokémon I could use for the next gym... and it went terribly lol.

At first, the pokémon I was going to use were Aecor and the Electrode I caught while I was at Team Aqua's hideout, together with Batzu, Mouse and Pepper, who I already had in my team. Aecor was the first one to fall while I was rematching the trainers in Route 117 and then Electrode I don't exactly remember how. Pepper sadly also fell because of confusion sadly :(. So I went to the Safari Zone to catch a Heracross and also unboxed the Nincada I used to use as HM slave. Heracross died pretty early, but that was on me I was going to force Wing Attack on Swellow with Endure, but it used Endeavor and then it used Wing Attack and I didn't switch. Shedinja fell because I didn't know one of the NPCs' pokémon had Astonish.

After the slaughter from above I went to catch more pokémon, of course, and got a Lotad an Elektrike and an Abra why not. And neither of them died. So after what, two hours of grinding, they were all at around level 50, which is too much for Maxie and Archie, but about right for Juan.

1986_-_Pokemon_Emerald_UTrashMan_1634424444728.png
    1986_-_Pokemon_Emerald_UTrashMan_1634429687409.png

Ludicolo took more time to train. I had to use it as Lotad until level 42 or so, so it could learn Mega Drain and Rain Dance because Lombre's moveset sucks and then go find a Water Stone to evolve it right away. Manectric was also pretty alright, Thunder was useful against Juan's Kingdra because it spammed Double Team. Sadly, it was against that Kingdra that it fell, so the rest of the battle was carried by Alakazam (because of course I evolved Abra). I got worried against Juan's Crawdaunt, but Future Sight bypasses Dark-type immunity in Gen 3, so it was a OHKO against that one. Manectric was the only pokémon from the final team to fall against Juan.

1986_-_Pokemon_Emerald_UTrashMan_1634430977883.png

I got past this segment following my one rule, so I get 8 coins plus another 8, leaving me at 27 coins. I'm still thinking on what bonus to pick for the next segment since I used the Chandelure costume. Will spend 10 coins on basic body costumes tho bc I want to keep rolling for the Lurantis Scythes

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Segment 5
    - Costume: Banette Set

- Once again I went to the Wild Area and got a lot of Pokémon, mostly Poison types.

- Some plot happens, Bede tries to destroy a national monument for no reason, yadda yadda.

- Opal is a fun gym leader and very easy to beat. Garbodor set up Toxic Spikes and then Drapion just killed everything.

Team
    Spoiler:

I used Banette Set so I get 8 + 8 coins, making my total go to 40. I then buy an Haute Couture Body, leaving my total at 32.

(Also, shouldn't I have had the chance to reroll the Chimecho suit, I got last segment? If so, then I'd like to reroll it.)

Years

• Update #7

Clothing Items
    👗 Tangrowth Vines - Haute Couture - Every Slot
    You must Perma-box any Pokémon who is put asleep in battle and doesn't wake up right away with a held Berry.
    Pay 5 Coins at the end of your segment, to negate the rule of one of the clothes you'll wear in your next segment. Only works if you're wearing 2 clothes or more.

Log
    - Withdrew Incineroar, Mudsdale, Tsareena, and Togedemaru from the PC. Decided to catch a Frillish on Route 14 and a Gabite in Haina Desert to complete the team
    - Explored Haina Desert to pick up the Psychium-Z and grinded up the team before infiltrating the Aether Paradise
    - Battled my way up through the docks and rode the elevator to the main entrance. Faba shows up to greet us and then battles me (Faba is pretty dangerous since I know his Hypno has Hypnosis, so I did equip my Incineroar and Jellicent with a Chesto Berry before going up)
    - Faba tells us where Cosmog is and even gives us access to the lab area. Explored Secret Labs A & B and during this time Frillish evolves into a Jellicent
    - Headed back up to the entrance and found out Faba tricked us. As we move closer to the mansion, Faba and a few employees challenge us in an attempt to stop us (also remembered to equip my Incineroar and Jellicent with Chesto Berries for the Faba fight). I head outside only to find a bunch of Team Skull in the area
    - Battled my way through the pathway and witnessed Guzma defeating Gladion. In order to get him to move, I have to challenge Guzma to a battle
    Vs. Guzma
    768.png
    284.png
    127.png
    738.png
    • Togedemaru does big damage onto Golisopod with Gigavolt Havoc and it leaves due to Emergency Exit, bringing in Pinsir
    • Pinsir lands a Storm Throw onto Togedemaru, taking it out. I send in Incineroar who dodges Stone Edge and retaliates with Fire Fang, Incineroar barely tanks the 2nd Stone Edge and Pinsir goes down to Fire Fang
    • Golisopod comes back and Incineroar just takes it down with Darkest Lariat
    • Guzma sends in Masquerain and I swap out Incineroar for Jellicent to take the Bug Buzz. Jellicent chips Masquerain with Shadow Ball before going down to 2 Air Slashes, I send in Mudsdale who tanks Bug Buzz and finishes off Masquerain with Rock Slide
    • Vikavolt finishes off Mudsdale with Bug Buzz and I send in Incineroar which gets a lucky flinch with Fire Fang. Next turn, Vikavolt goes down to a Darkest Lariat
    - Guzma lets Gladion and I through and I heal up quickly before entering the mansion to confront Lusamine
    - Phyco and Soliera block the entrance to Lusamine's room and I have to battle them in order to get them to move
    - Entered Lusamine's room and found Lillie. Went up to her secret room with the cryo-preserved Pokemon before Hau, Lillie and Gladion follow through
    - Learned more about Lusamine's goal of stopping Necrozma from stealing the light through sacrificing Cosmog to open a wormhole, she then challenges to a battle in order to stall for time
    Vs. Lusamine
    036.png
    549.png
    428.png
    350.png
    760.png
    • Togedemaru paralyzes Clefable with Nuzzle and tanks Psychic. Clefable uses Charm and Togedemaru takes it down with 2 Iron Heads
    • Lopunny uses Thunder Punch and Togedemaru paralyzes it with Nuzzle. I switch in Mudsdale as Lopunny gets fully paralyzed, next turn Lopunny goes for a weak Fire Punch and Mudsdale attacks with Double Kick. Lopunny then gets fully paralyzed again and goes down to a 2nd Double Kick
    • Lilligant confuses Mudsdale with Teeter Dance and Mudsdale lands a Heavy Slam. Lilligant paralyzes Mudsdale with Stun Spore and Mudsdale unfortunately hits itself, Lilligant then takes it out with Petal Dance. I send in Incineroar who takes the Petal Dance and finishes Lilligant off with Flamethrower
    • Milotic comes in and I switch out Incineroar for Tsareena as it attacks with Dragon Pulse. Milotic outspeeds and nearly KOs Tsareena with another Dragon Pulse but, takes big damage from Seed Bomb. Tsareena goes down to Flail and Jellicent cleans up with Shadow Ball while ignoring Milotic's Hydro Pump
    • Jellicent chips Bewear down with Bubblebeam before going down to Dual Chop + Zen Headbutt. Togedemaru paralyzes Bewear with Nuzzle and chips with Zing Zap (due to a lucky full paralysis) before going down to Drain Punch, Incineroar outspeeds and finishes the battle with Inferno Overdrive
    - Lusamine and Guzma go off to capture Necrozma, and both disappear through a wormhole. Nebby gets left behind but, it became a Cosmoem in the process
    - Phyco and Soliera are frustrated by Lusamine's actions and tell us about how we can open another wormhole by going to Poni Island. Gladion hands Lillie and I the Sun Flute and Master Ball respectively and we head to Poni Island
    - Arrived and explored Seafolk Village before heading to the Poni Wilds, met up with Hapu within the Ancient Poni Path
    - Hapu goes onward to the Ruins of Hope at Poni Breaker Coast, before we leave Hapu's grandmother gives us the Machamp Poke Ride
    - Found Hapu within the ruins and witness her awaken as the new kahuna, she tells us about an altar on Exeggutor Island that Mina knows about and we head back
    - Obtained the Moon Flute on Exeggutor Island and headed back, from there I head to Vast Poni Canyon to find the Altar of the Moone
    - A bunch of Team Skull Grunts block our path to Vast Poni Canyon, and they all challenge us to see whether I'm capable of saving Guzma. Afterwards Plumeria shows up and hands us the Poisonium-Z to aid us in helping Guzma
    - Headed inside Vast Poni Canyon and Phyco and Soliera challenges me, afterwards they request our help to fight Necrozma
    - Battled my way through Vast Poni Canyon and very frustratingly, one of the trainers had a Poliwrath that survived Tsareena's Seed Bomb and put her to sleep with Hypnosis. Tsareena is now boxed as per the condition and I replaced her with the first Pokemon I caught at Vast Poni Canyon, being a Machoke which I immediately evolved into a Machamp
    - Made it to the trial site and through all the battles, Gabite finally evolves into a Garchomp
    - Entered the cave and made my way to the shrine. Upon picking up the Z-Crystal, Totem Kommo-o comes crashing down and challenges us
    Vs. Totem Kommo-o
    784.png
    212.png
    715.png
    • Mudsdale decreases Kommo-o's Speed with Bulldoze and tanks a Dragon Claw, Kommo-o then calls for a Scizor
    • Kommo-o and Scizor attack with Dragon Claw and X-Scissor and Mudsdale lands a critical-hit Bulldoze onto Kommo-o. Mudsdale falls to another X-Scissor and Dragon Claw combo but, it is able to land one last Bulldoze before it goes down
    • Garchomp finishes off Kommo-o with Dragon Claw and tanks Scizor's X-Scissor. Next turn, Garchomp takes out Scizor with Dig
    - After Totem Kommo-o retreats, I pick up the Dragonium-Z from the shrine which completes the trial and Part 7 of the run
    - Followed my one condition and with all parts covered... I will receive 8 coins at the end
    - For my clothing purchases, I'll be buying 1x Decent Clothing and 1x Fancy Clothing for the Head, leaving me at a balance of 0 coins

Team

[tab="closed4"]🌙[/tab]
      [tab="team4"]
      727.png
      777.png
      445.png
      750.png
      068.png
      593.png
      [/tab]
    - click the Pokemon -
    cxqZsX6.gif

Trismegistus @ Black Glasses
    Lv. 50 | Blaze | Lax
    - Flamethrower
    - Darkest Lariat
    - Brick Break
    - Flame Charge
    bXmPUKx.gif

Anat @ Magnet
    Lv. 49 | Lightning Rod | Hardy
    - Zing Zap
    - Iron Head
    - Nuzzle
    - Magnet Rise

CcNbWT9.gif

Vanadis @ Expert Belt
    Lv. 49 | Sand Veil | Mild
    - Dragon Claw
    - Dig
    - Rock Slide
    - Crunch
    9cLEZ6l.gif

Castor @ Soft Sand
    Lv. 49 | Stamina | Jolly
    - Earthquake
    - Heavy Slam
    - Double Kick
    - Bulldoze

67Yx5TT.gif

Jiraiya @ Muscle Band
    Lv. 48 | No Guard | Modest
    - Cross Chop
    - Dual Chop
    - Strength
    - Bulk Up
    NtdK5Rf.gif

Kala-Nemi @ Mystic Water
    Lv. 49 | Water Absorb | Hasty
    - Scald
    - Shadow Ball
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Recover

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Segment 6
    - Clothes: Shiny Phantump

- Unboxed mg/L and Pascal to use as my designated pure Grass and pure Ghost types.

- Forced fed them steroids Exp Candy to get them to a decent level.

- Pascal was mostly useful for dealing with randos and mg/L just kinda destroyed the whole gym. Letting a Rillaboom get to +3 Attack when all you have are rock types isn't the best thing you could have done, Gordie.

Team
    Spoiler:

I've used a Fancy set so I get 10 coins, and then I get 10 more coins because I permaboxed both of them, so I get a total of 20 coins leaving my balance at 52 coins.

Then I use 8 of those to get a Haute Couture set, leaving me with a total of 46 coins.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023

Pokemon Firered - Segment 3

Clothes used this segment:
    👗 Persian Gem - Decent - Head
    You may not use any Red, Green or Blue Pokémon.
    👗 Watchog Safety Vest - Basic - Body
    All of your Pokémon must know at least one HM move, if available.
    👗 Kricketune Shoes - Basic - Legs
    Pokémon cannot evolve unless they are level 25 or lower.

So I decided to stick with the closet I had before! I did roll new clothes but the rules were much harder to work with so I thought it'd be better to make the best of what I have.

• After beating Misty, I proceeded to Vermillion City with my team of Pidgeotto, Mankey, Geodude and Rattata
    • Headed over to the Diglett Tunnel to catch a Diglett, which I called Cut
    • Caught a Spearow on the route east of Vermillion City and called it Cutie
    • Traded the lvl 13 Spearow with the NPC to get their lvl 13 Ch'Ding the Farfetch'd
    • Boarded the SS Anne
    • Cleared out all the trainers, including the rival Gary
    • Received HM Cut from the seasick captain after defeating Gary
    • Immediately disembarked the ship, boxed Pidgeotto, Mankey, Geodude and Rattata
    • Taught Cut to Diglett and Farfetch'd to satisfy the HM move rule
    • Trained up Diglett further against wild Pokemon
    • Soloed the gym trainers with Diglett
    • Beat Surge, it was a manageable fight outside of Pikachu using Double Team 6 times in a row
    • Received the 3rd gym badge
    • Diglett tried to evolve when it hit Lvl 26 but I stopped it due to the rule that I could only evolve Pokemon at Lvl 25 or lower

Team + badge proof:

Spoiler:

Wasn't going to spend but feel like taking a risk so can I spend 5 coins on trying for a new item for the legs? :D

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Eleanor's fifth update on Pokémon Ultra Moon

For this update I decided to wear...
    👗 Grimmsnarl Hair - Haute Couture - Every Slot
    When in battle, when one of your Pokémon is on the field, you can only select the "Fight" option. (No Bag, no Run, no switching unless your Pokémon has fainted).
    Grimmsnarl Set (1/1): You get one bonus coin for every level your Pokémon have gained during this segment, up to a maximum of 10 Coins.

My team after beating the Dominant Mimikyu in the Abandoned Supermarket is...
    Primarina, lv. 40 • Mudsdale, lv. 40 • Magnezone, lv. 38 • Leafeon, lv. 37 • Zoroark, lv. 37 • Archen, lv. 35.

My Balance now is... 57 🪙! That's 31 + 16 (Haute Couture Item that is a standalone set) + 10 (for the levels my Pokémon have gained).

Wow, fifth update only? And yet I've come a long way already! After beating Olivia, I quickly did some training to get myself Primarina (lv. 34), and then embarked on the journey to Ula Ula. Hau was... easy enough, although his Tauros did pose a challenge. After that, I got some more clothes for my trainer, because yes that is how I splurge my money, but also got the very coveted U-Turn TM at Malie's Pokémon Center. Amazing to have with this kind of ruleset, because it gives you a way to switch your Pokémon even after you've pressed the "Fight" option... at least on my Archen and - now evolved - Zoroark!
    In order to have more of those switching options, I waited until level 33 before evolving my Eevee, so that it could learn Baton Pass. And once that was done, I got myself a Leafeon! It's my first time ever using this evolution, and I'm very excited to see how it will do in the end, even with how limited its moveset currently is. The last switching move I have access to is Volt Switch on Magneton, which evolved in Magnezone during this segment as well (just explore the Geothermal area and things happen, it seems).

As for battles... Totem Togedemaru was actually quite easy thanks to Mudsdale, although the Skarmory it called in for help took way longer to go down. Sadly Mudsdale doesn't have many options against Flying-types, let alone a Steel-Flying like Skarmory. Heavy Slam just wasn't enough, and so I had to let Mudsdale get KOed, paving the way for Magneton to finish my opponent off.
    The exact same thing happened in the Acerola trial: Zoroark broke down Mimikyu's Disguise ability with a U-Turn into Magnezone, who took out the Totem with two Flash Cannon attacks... but then went down to the ally Banette. Zoroark came in again to finish the job though, letting me continue onwards to the next segment!
    Other important battles... well, I guess there was Guzma? That was just an easy Magneton sweep though. He wasn't prepared...

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Cubeth plays Pokémon Emerald but spooky - Final Segment

Coins: 43

For this segment I used:
    Spoiler:

This was a great segment, especially for the finale. Of course, I used a Sun Team (for the most part at least), with the objective of using Sunny Day against Wallace enough times to get 12 coins. For that reason I unboxed the Castform I got from the Weather Institute and got the Sunny Day TM for a secondary Sun setter. Obviously, I needed pokémon that would benefit from it; I prioritized Grass pokémon able to learn Solar Beam by level up so I chose a Gloom I caught at the Safari Zone during my last segment to later evolve it into Bellossom, and also caught a Tropius near Fortree, I also unboxed my Combusken. The other pokémon I had in my team was Crobat and Cradily I don't really know why I picked Cradily but I did and it did... okay.

After I don't know how many hours of grinding I left Cradily in the Box because I needed Azumarill for HMs and was ready to take one Victory Road, and it was really easy. Wally's battle got cheesed by Nugget the Blaziken and Bellossom's Sunny Day. The only trainers that were a bit difficult were those two Cooltrainers at the end that have a strategy of Skill Swap Slaking.

Now, the Elite Four:

First goes Sydney and there's nothing to say about him, he was the easiest battle. Blaziken swept.

1986_-_Pokemon_Emerald_UTrashMan_1634832162119.png

Phoebe was a bit harder. I started with Crobat since it was the only one that knew a Dark type move, but it fainted at her second or third pokémon. Bellossom took care of 2 of her pokémon, but I left her Sableye to Cradily just so I didn't waste Sunny Day PP, he took care of it poisoning with Sludge Bomb and confusing it.

1986_-_Pokemon_Emerald_UTrashMan_1634832388530.png

Glacia was also easy. Again, Blaziken swept, this time with a Cheri Berry. She built on Bulk Ups until her Sealeo's Body Slam paralyzed her and then it was just Double Kick after Double Kick.

1986_-_Pokemon_Emerald_UTrashMan_1634832512295.png

Drake was the hardest one by far. Not only did I not have anything against Dragons, I also got really unlucky with Cradily's Sludge Bombs because I think only one poisoned something until he fainted by Flygon's Earthquake. Still, he managed to tank and take down three of his team members, leaving the rest to Bellossom and Crobat.

1986_-_Pokemon_Emerald_UTrashMan_1634832816632.png

And finally, Wallace. This battle was fun. The main strat was sleeping with Bellossom's Sleep Powder before having him use Sunny Day and then just go off with Solar Beam. It forced Wallace to send out his Milotic as his second pokémon, but it was able to resist the first Solar Beam at half health and the second one after it ate its Sitrus Berry, but it didn't help him much because it fell by the same strat after the Full Restore.

His Tentacruel was by far the hardest pokémon to beat because of the poison typing. I stalled a bit with Cradily to use Confuse Ray and weaken it with Sludge Bomb (which did more damage than I thought it would). His Ludicolo was a hassle too, because of Double Team, I was lucky with Tropius' Body Slam paralyzing it though, so once that was done, it was easy to beat. Gyarados was Wallace's final pokémon, but it also got paralyzed and didn't stand a chance against Tropius Solar Beam.

Castform didn't do much, sadly, it ended up being my secondary Sun setter ironically enough.

1986_-_Pokemon_Emerald_UTrashMan_1634833328639.png

1986_-_Pokemon_Emerald_UTrashMan_1634833376300.png

All the pokémon I used for this segment where caught on previous segments, with the exception of Tropius and Cradily, however, I got those in the morning so I could do all the grinding at night. Here's also screenshots of all the instances I used Sunny Day during Wallace's battle and Blaziken's moveset, since it's the pokémon that learns Slash. Crobat also evolves via happiness.

Spoiler:

My set is composed of two basic clothes and a decent one and I got past this segment following all of my rules, so I get 7 coins, plus 7 more for using the whole set, 14 coins. Since I also used Sunny Day a total of 4 times during the Champion Battle, I also get the max amount of coins from the Lurantis Bonus, which is 12, giving me a 26 coin total and therefore leaving me at 43 coins. I don't know about the Watchog Bonus, though, do I roll for the amount of coins I get or does one of the GMs do it?

This was a fun challenge, btw :pleaplup: I always enjoy playing these and I enjoyed using pokémon I normally don't (except Magcargo), so congrats for making this as always <3.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back