• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Silliest Thing You Ever Did In a Pokemon RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkittyLover77

No, not the face!
    Years
    Hrm. Well, I have many.

FireRed: Used Master Ball on Articuno, then after I defeated the Poke'mon League I found Suicune. -_-;;

FireRed: Caught a Shiny Psyduck and restarted.

Emerald: Caught a Shiny Gloom and restarted.

Emerald: Found a Shiny Groudon and killed it because I thought it looked ugly xD

Pearl: GTS'd my Palkia for a Glameow. ;_;

poisonspark

Come and claim yours!
    Years
    I tried to clone my pokemons in crystal version but I accidentally got it all jammed. Later I got the game working again and that time I got some new features into my room etc. I accidentally got somekind of pikachu bed and etc. so maybe it was not that bad thing... :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2009
    Running from kyogre on sapphire, b/c i came in with only 1 great ball, so i ran, thinking i could buy more and try again
    also, i wasted my masterball on sapphire on a skarmory, thinking it was the steel type legendary i heard about xD
    then, on the same sapphire, i tried 1 AR code, and it messed up badly, and i saved, therefore losing everything
    yeah....my sapphire got screwed up bad...

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Gold: Trained my Haunter up to leve 94 waiting for it to evolve >.>...Then one day my friend was about to trade me his Meganium for it. Once we traded, it evolved! We traded right back after that.

Also kept Cut on my level 100 Typhlosion.

Silver: Used a Masterball on Unown >.>

Firered: Taught my level 80 Charizard Blast Burn, Cut, Flamethrower, AND Fireblast

Ruby: Fought Glacia with my level 39 Graveler.

Sapphire: Used Masterball on Pelipper

Emerald: Killed Rayquaza because I thought he was a bad guy.

Pearl: Spent days looking for Larivtar...Until I realized it was Diamond only.

Diamond: Nothing yet.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2008
    My worst moment.... In crystal, I used a masterball, minuted after I received it, on a Fearow...

Dark Jay

Requiem of Darkness
    Years
    Trading every legendary in all of the games over to Diamond then restarting because I got bored...

I get bored easily, then I regret it. >_<

Oh, and once I got a Clamperl and made it to level 100, and then found out it needed to be traded with that item to evolve. >_<

Years
    i remember he first time i played LG i went in to bill's house and he said what he usually does when he's turned in to a pokemon. So i went out and i was wandering how to get the policeman to move!

i didn't play it for two whole days and when i did help Bill i kinda went crazy.............

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
    waaaay back in red version

i would always play up to the 4th gym and start a new game

cuz i never knew how to get the pokeflute to wake up snorlax and head to fusia city

lol good times...

Years
    i also remember back when i got the red version i didn't know much about Pokemon so i Ko'd and K'od pokemon all day then the next day my cousin said " your supposed to catch them " and then i said " how do you do that? " :)

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    R/B/Y: I used a masterball on a caterpie. My brother said it was rare :(
    G/S/C: The egg which has a 50% chance of being shiny. I saved before it hatched :(
    R/S/E: Released Rayquaza by accident :(
    FR/LG/D/P: Nothing I can remember... for now :(

EDIT: Oh yeah I put my Yellow under my tap thinking it was dirty. It didn't work after, I was sad. Everything was blocky which was quite funny :P

Last edited:

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
    i also remember back when i got the red version i didn't know much about Pokemon so i Ko'd and K'od pokemon all day then the next day my cousin said " your supposed to catch them " and then i said " how do you do that? " :)

LOL!!

i did that too!

i don't even know how i beat the first gyms with just charmander

i had a charizard at like level40 ish

and all my others wher at lvel 20

so unbalanced!

AAMLBeast

Lolpwnd. :\
    Years
    In Pokemon Crystal, the silliest thing I did was, Kill all the legendary Dogs, and use the masterball on a wild pokemon just to TEST if it really does capture a pokemon 100%! O.o

Years
    In Red I went into the cave and never taught any of my team flash.....><

In fire red I killed off Zapdos and than saved without realizing......>.>

I did this on purpose after a couple playthroughs, because I hated the move. It's not too hard to find your way through without flash, anyway, just annoying.

The only really stupid thing that I've done with pokemon games was pretty funny and not exactly harmful to my game. When I first got Pokemon Yellow when I was in third grade, I knew how to catch pokemon and everything. The only problem was that I didn't know you could save. I spent a couple of weeks just getting as far as I could into the game before I had to shut it off or the batteries died.

The only reason I found out was because my best friend was talking to me about her pokemon game, and mentioned saving the game. I was like "wait, what?" and she explained to me that you can save your progress. I had no idea what that option in the menu had meant until then, and for some reason hadn't bothered checking it. Now that I think back on it, I think I thought it meant save the world or something. I felt pretty stupid after that, haha.

The farthest I remember getting in one shot was the end of Mt. Moon, when you fight Team Rocket.

Years
    trained my level 82 Blaziken, level 81 sceptile and level 92 swampert to level 100 and din't save at all and didn't plug my sp into the charger and what happened when the battery ran dry. *shudders*. oh well. another stupid thing was, i let a kid borrow my sapphire and trusted he wouldn't save over my file with 170 on the dex. he creates a new game and tells me he doesn't know how to save. then, when i get the game back 1 week later, he has a level 11 mudkip, level 13 zigzagoon and a level 9 poochyena.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    I don't recall making many silly mistakes, thankfully :3
    But there was one time when I was chaining Murkrow in Diamond...
    I literally spent hours and hours and hours trying to get a chain to 40, and eventually I did. I had caught two Shiny Murkrow and was resetting the Radar looking for more, when I accidentally entered a bad bush and broke the chain :/

... It gets worse. By habit, I reset the game after my chain broke, and it then suddenly dawned upon me that I hadn't saved after catching the two Shinies :[
    Then I spent more hours of my time getting another chain to 40, and caught a few more Shiny Murkrow. I remembered to save that time ^_^

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I taught all my Pokemon the same HM moves because I thought they were cool. I constantly tried to catch those ghosts at the tower in Lavender Town.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2008
    Silliest thing I've done in LeafGreen was find a shiny pokemon and to find out that I only had a MasterBall.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back