• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Simpsons Movie

hoperidesalone

guardian of the veil
    Years
    hey! i just got back from seeing it (9:15 sesson, cinemax display, got the 3rd last ticket!) and i just gotta say.
    expectations blown! awesome! so. so. awesome.
    so yeah, use this thread to discuss the movie once you've seen it XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2007
    I'll be there in 8 hours. I can't wait. It's gonna rule. So have you seen all the random stuff related to the Simpsons on the internet lately? I found this interview with Mr. Burns today on maxim.com and it's hillarious. He is such a jerk I love it. I hear something important happens to him. Don't tell me though!!! :)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 17, 2008
    this was the absolute BEST MOVIE that i have ever seen probly gonna go see it agen next weekend with a few frends
    but how good was it
    the only thing thta i didnt like bout it was that sideshow bob wanst in it :(

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
    This was the BEST Comedy movie of the year. It made me laugh so hard I started to cry. My favourite part was the "Sop sign" and when Homer goes to the military suplies n he sees a jet pack but goes for sticky glue. And the part where he goes into the worm hole and sticks up his middle finger thinking he will go fast. And the part where Bart draws on the wanted poster and the people who he drew are behind Marge and get arrested instead of the Simpsons family.

LMAO! Go see that movie u ppl. Its great and it will make u laugh.xD
    Im rating it a *********' * .5 points lost because of some missing characters.
    9.5/10 ppl.

Last edited:

Ichii

Spill her blood, and you die!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2007
    I don't plan on seeing it...It dosen't even seem all that good. If I do see it, I'll wait until it comes out on DVD.

-Ichii

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    i think the Sop sign was brilliant, i was laughing for ages at that, the Spider Pig bit, the drawing on the wanted sign got a different family arrested and even homer using superglue instead of the jet pack to try and go up the dome.

Random

-
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2008
    That movie was awesome, it beat transformers IMO.

There were many great scenes, few of them i thought were really funny was when Homer dared Bart to go to Krusty Burger while riding on the skateboard naked, and the "Boob lady" helping homer, and at least homer knew what a SOP sign was, lol!

*Music tone* "Spider Pig, Spider Pig."

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    It was pretty good, but I wouldn't call it the best comedy this year or all time. It was basically just a really long Simpsons episode, the story wasn't thrilling, and the comedy was just what we have come to expect from them.

My biggest hope with this is that they start putting their old quality back into the TV show, now that the movie is out of the way. I think the show has been on a decline the past few years and needs a pick-me-up.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Alright. I'm back and I just saw the movie, which means it's pretty fresh in my mind. So I'm gonna review this as quickly as possible so I don't forget anything that happened in it. Be warned, there are some spoilers in this post. Read further at your own risk.

Alright. I was an avid Simpsons fan for years. But something happened to me that pushed me away from the cartoon for quite awhile. I suspect it was the fact that the series started going somewhat downhill. And I think it happened gradually over time. The jokes became cornier, and the humor just wasn't as funny. I'm guessing this is the result of an attempt to tone down some of the content on local channels to a more acceptable level. I mean, they don't show the older episodes as often anymore and when they do, things are edited out of them. Trust me, I know. I have VHS copies of the first two seasons as they were originally shown on TV and I can name off MANY things that are now edited out of their syndicated broadcasts.

Now, before I go any further, I'll explain a bit about The Simpsons. Debuted in the mid to late 80s, The Simpsons was the first in a line of a new genre of television entertainment, called the Animated Sitcom. Out of all the shows under this genre, I would have to say it's been the most successful. And I suspect that this is probably due to older fans exposing their children to the show even today, which has caused it to maintain a steady fanbase over the years.

Well, when I heard that a movie was being made, I just thought, 'It's about time!'. I mean, it's been like twenty years, and finally we'd have a movie to go see in theatres. So of course I wanted to see it, and just today, I did. So with all the hype about this being the end-all, be-all movie event of the summer, the question on everyone's minds is probably, did the movie live up to all the talk? Well, yes and no.

The movie takes place in that lovable whacked out town of Springfield that borders four states (yes, it was finally established WHERE the show takes place in, take THAT, Sega). You're immediately introduced to Homer Simpson and his family, whom avid Simpsons fans should be familiar with by now. If you're not, then just stop reading this because you're in the wrong topic.

The Simpsons immediately bash you for paying to go see something that you can watch on TV every day for free. Then the movie finally starts, as announcements regarding piracy being illegal and turning off your cellphones during the movie are seen throughout Springfield, as more characters are introduced. Basically, it's what fans have come to expect from the family that never ages.

Without spoiling too much, I'll get right into the overall premise. Homer and his family have to save Springfield from imminent destruction by the EPA (as well as a moronic President). The city's domed, the residents are trapped, they riot and lay waste to the town, and finally the government decides to nuclear detonate a bomb to wipe Springfield off the map and create a new Grand Canyon. Most of this has already been seen in commercials for the movie. So, how did it rank up there?

Well, it was pretty funny. Most of the humor is actually what you'd expect from The Simpsons in this day and age, with many references to their old-school style. This, I was happy to see. The jokes went back to making fun of other movies and shows (Harry Potter, Bourne Identity, and even Evangelion are among the list of parodied franchises), and the material definitely made me remember the good old days. In fact, Bart even had a moment where he skateboarded naked down the streets with objects covering up his private areas. It immediately seems like they're gonna parody Austin Powers and the many movies that have done that before, but then they put their own spin on that pun. I won't say anymore than that, as that's just one example.

One thing that I loved was the fact that the major plot of the movie focused more on Homer than anyone else. And rightly so, since he's my favorite character. But the downside to that is alot of the supporting characters get left in the dust because of this. In fact, other than his family, you see very little of anyone else, with the exception to a few lines here and there. I mean, I know there are over one hundred characters and this was only a 100-minute movie, but they could've done more with some of the others. Especially Apu. I mean, they advertised the movie by turning a bunch of 7-Elevens into Qwik-E-Marts, so of course I was expecting him to have more lines, but they only give him maybe 5 lines in the whole movie. Also Burns. I mean, it's not like he was a minor character either. For a majority of the series he was like the main villain, so of course I was expecting him to have a bigger part. The one exception is the Flanders, who get a nice amount of exposure for once. In fact, there are a few scenes between Bart and them that go from cute to downright awkward. It's really bizarre and sheds some new light on Ned and Bart's characters.

Overall, the movie was still excellent. Was it the end-all, be-all movie event of the summer? No. Do I think it will win an award for Funniest Movie Ever Made? No. Was it still worth seeing in theatres? Yes. Definitely. If you're a fan of The Simpsons, or just a fan of animated sitcoms, definitely see this one. You'll be glad you did.

Last edited:

tragik

Shimmy Shimmy Quarter Turn.
    Years
    I snuck in with a couple friends after going to the Bourne Ultimatum premiere (awesome movie btw). I enjoyed it, but it wasn't "OMG FUNNIEST MOVIE EVAR." The plot was decent, and the comedy was good, but it was basically just one long episode :/
    I sat two seats across someone with the most annoying laugh I ever heard though, so maybe that's why I didn't enjoy the movie as much as some other people here D:

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
    I have only a few things to say: "Spider pig Spider pig Does whatever a spider pig does"

Anyhow, the movie was really Funny my two faviorite parts were:

1. the Spider Pig scence

2. When homer is literery stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Yeah, it's going to win the Funniest movie award!

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    I have yet to watch it. I think i'm going to watch it when it comes out on Dvd becuase I've already watched 2 movies week after week so i'm taking a little break on movies xD

Diamond Player

~ Pokemaster ~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2015
    The Simpsons movie was totally aesome in my opinion, Spider pig, Spider pig, does what ever a spider pig does lol .

I'd give it a solid 10/10, quality commedy and would so go see it again.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2008
    spider pig spider pig does whatever a spiderpig does
    take spider pig to work with u
    hes not spider pig anymore hes harry ploper
    oink
    lol
    A-

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I finished watching this film yesterday. And yeah, it is so funny, lol. It was so funny with Homer in the sandpit and when they stop at a gas station and this other version of the Simpsons family gets arrested.

Pikachu2007

Free hugs for everyone!
    Years
    I think the funniest part was when they're in Alaska, Homer and Marge are about to "snuggle" and the forest animals help prepare for the event. The really funny thing were thier reactions when they finish. Hilarious! :) :)

shadowboy166

Gues who's internet is working
    Years
    I think my favoroute part is when Bart skates past Ralph Wiggum
    Ralph geos "I like men now!"
    That cracked me up

Back