• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE SIMS 3

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Yes, its on its way, and next year!
    Im seriously on a hypo
    https://thesims3.ea.com/
    Here's a link for you non-believers

Sooo, what do we want to see in this? Current features detailed include:
    *Explore the entire neighbourhood freely
    *For the first time players can explore the worl outside their lots
    *Extreme charactor/personality creation
    *More lifelike graphics (But i think there's still that "sims 2" feel to them)
    *Furniture creation, similar to MySims
    *Fitness bars showing fat and muscle, allowing sims to become UBER obese rather than just fat (Not really too important but it sounds funny :P)

Proposed release date is 2009

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Yeah that's how i felt, i didnt think community lots gave the feel of freedom. Full exploration should be great :D

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    I'm kinda "meh" toward it. I just got the Sims 2 two months ago, and still don't have all the EPs or SPs yet. So there's still a lot that I haven't explored for that game.

Yes, I know that TS3 supposedly is coming out in 2009, so I have a whole year to play TS2 and get all the EPs/SPs, but really, I'm just not feeling the pull towards TS3 like I did to TS2.

I don't really like the idea of having the Sims walk from one lot to the other. (Though that already exists in FT.) I like having everything isolated, since it makes it more like real life. My Sims in TS2 have to get a taxi ride down to the local store since they live so far out of the city. Besides, I like having them at home and bored. (Since it gives myself time to read during the loading times, but I have a slow processing speed.)

TS3 doesn't even seem to really improve The Sims. TS1 was so limited in what could happen with the Sims (no aging for instances) that it was a whole new world with TS2. With the Sims finally aging and able to start Legacies, the game just never seems to end, while TS1 did.

Besides, I heard that the needs bars are taken away, and more of the focus is going to be on exploring the town. I'm sorry, but I prefer the "Sim-god, I have to PEE!" aspect of the games rather than saying hi to every neighbor on the street. Which is why I really hated MySims. To me, Sims = needs, and without it, it's just...meh.

And I heard that while you are playing one family, the rest of the neighborhood ages as well. So you might click on another family and find that things didn't exactly go the way you wanted to.

And the way that the Sims themselves look? Holy Simoly, they are creepy. Though in the early stages of development, I still prefer the cartoon-y look of TS2 over the weirdness of TS3.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I very much doubt they'll remove the need bars, theyve been a staple part of the sims and i dont thinki they'd get rid of them. Beside, the new game is aimed at realism and theres nothing more real that basic human needs.

I kinda agree with what you're saying. TS3 seems to be building onto the new standard TS2 set. Believe me, while No2 seems like a huge jump, you soon notice the flaws after a few years of playing. There is a lot to explore, but before you know it its all been seen and done. Hopefully TS3 will change that.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    WOW! The Sims 3 and The Sims Movie. Yes- I heard that there's going to be a movie! 2 things Sims-related I can't wait for. Until then "meh".

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I think The Sims 3 would be interesting. I played The Sims 2 a longgg time ago and it was so fun. But I'm not sure about the idea of them being free in the neighbourhood. I think that would make it less fun cuz then you wouldn't need a taxi to go over there and stuff. I think it will be very similar but with the exception of the freedom.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I haven't played any of the Sims games. I have seen my sister playing them but to me they look boring. I don't see what is so fun about living out someones life. I can never get into a game that doesn't have a story or not much happening.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I actually like the look of the Sims in TS3. They look a lot more realistic and they're a lot more customizable, unlike TS2, where every Sim looks relatively the same unless you get some sort of mod. I also like the fact that you can walk to other Sims houses. The only thing I dislike about TS3 is the fact that everyone in your neighbourhood will age, whether or not you're playing with them at the moment. That's actually what I liked about TS2; your Sims wouldn't age when you weren't playing with them (then again, you could turn off aging via an in-game cheat anyway, so it didn't really matter. They would probably incorporate that cheat in TS3 anyway).

However, I don't think I'll feel compelled to buy the Sims 3. I like the Sims 2 and I don't feel a need to upgrade. Then again, TS3's not coming out for another year, so I could change my mind by then. But for now, I don't really feel excited for TS3.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    By the sounds of these posts there are mixed feelings about the new freedom TS3 will offer. I personally think it will be a good thing, as waiting for taxies and the like has never appealed to me. However there is one aspect i really REALLY hope they will incorporate: Going to work. Would it not be great going to work, and having a to-do list appear in the corner? It seems like it would be so much more fulfilling than just getting friends and skills. Of course i wouldnt suggest you HAVE to do it, large families woul;d be a nightmare and you'd never be able to do anything at home. But i thought that would be a cool feature :)

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    1UP, a video game magazine, wrote an article on TS3. In it, they said:

Individual meters indicating bladder and sleep-deprivation levels are replaced by a new system of discrete moods, the aim being to get players off the treadmill of fulfilling primal eat-sleep-pee-repeat requirements so they can focus more on, well, going out on the brand new town.

This might just be something that will be taken out in later developments; it might not. But it still means that I'll be directing my Sims to talk to random people on the street instead of telling them that yes, they do need to pee. Without the needs bars, the game doesn't feel like an actual Sims game, and feels more like a regular ol' video game (like an RPG where you have to explore and talk to people.) It feels more like MySims, which I played for the DS, and I didn't like. I wanted the needs bars, the sitting at home on the couch reading cook books, and my socially awkward teenagers.

In fact, for taking care of needs in TS3, you just click on a pop-up window, and you're done. There's no clicking on refrigerators, choosing whether or Sim will just eat cold cereal or attempt pancakes, and watching him slice his finger. It's just click and done.

I dunno. I like the Sims as a life-simulator. And part of life is the going to work, coming home, seeing if the kids did their homework or not, skilling up for work promotions, and choosing between hamburgers or pork chops for dinner. It's just weird to have that be taken away in a sense and have the Sims deal more with neighbors.

I'm still sticking to TS2. I like playing god to my Sims and watching them gain their little skill points. (I am easily amused watching one of my favorite Sims play chess.) And really, the two second wait for the taxi isn't horrible, especially if you have Sims that are socially awkward, like I do. And a hack that takes away the friend requirement for job promotions!

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Excited to see more Sims, yes. Planning on buying it, no.

The prospect is nice, but... seeing pictures and other aspects of the game already, I'm going to be pulling out of the purchase of it. It just seems pointless to buy a game that looks exactly like the Sims 2, aside from the facial features. It doesn't look like they've improved at all in any other form.

Adding different chair patterns may seem nice, but it's not worth $49.99. :/

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Excited to see more Sims, yes. Planning on buying it, no.

The prospect is nice, but... seeing pictures and other aspects of the game already, I'm going to be pulling out of the purchase of it. It just seems pointless to buy a game that looks exactly like the Sims 2, aside from the facial features. It doesn't look like they've improved at all in any other form.

Adding different chair patterns may seem nice, but it's not worth $49.99. :/

I jut wait until it comes out, then I wait about 2 or 3 weeks while I'm downloading it.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Nope its PC, i saw it on the cover of PC Gamer Magezine

Im really annoyed hearing about the removal of need bars, im suddenly no longer enthusiastic :|

Ah well, i'll buy it anyway, if i dont like it i'll revert to spore, now my most anticipated game :D

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
  • Wow you just made my day! Now all I have to do is wait for one whole year T-T hehe ;)

I might also need a new computer to play the Sims 3. I mean, the Sims2 was barely working :P

Lobo

Pidgeotto used Fly.
    Years
  • Im scared. The only reason why I quit playing the Sims 2 before was because it ran too slow on my old computer. Now I have a new one, but I dont want to start playing it again because it consumes so much of my time. Now with this coming out, I may have to pick it up again.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    At first glance this will only be on PS3 and 360.
    Which, aside from the fact that this was covered in PC magazines, makes no sense even from EAxis. The PC versions of the Sims games are more popular and sell more copies than the console versions. And the reason behind this is because the PC versions are more open to the players. The console versions cover a storyline (At least, from what I gathered from reading about them), while the PC versions allow the player to do whatever they want.

Plus, the PC versions are much more customizable, and easier to update. Plus, they have more features. (No aging in the console versions.)

And the custom content one can get for the PC version is love.

Years
  • Which, aside from the fact that this was covered in PC magazines, makes no sense even from EAxis. The PC versions of the Sims games are more popular and sell more copies than the console versions. And the reason behind this is because the PC versions are more open to the players. The console versions cover a storyline (At least, from what I gathered from reading about them), while the PC versions allow the player to do whatever they want.

Plus, the PC versions are much more customizable, and easier to update. Plus, they have more features. (No aging in the console versions.)

And the custom content one can get for the PC version is love.

Oh forgot to mention PC, I always forget it because I hardly ever play on PC Cd-Rom games.

Back