• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sims

blue

gucci
Years
  • The PlumbBob Sims Original Logo

The Sims

Anyone a fan of The Sims? I know I am and I'm sure most of you know what it is.
    I've played The Sims for well over 10 years now and I've never got tired of it, it's so interactive, addictive and most of all, fun!

The Sims was first released February 4th 2000, 2 years later it had already sold 6.3 million copies and was by far the most popular PC game and still is today.. I think.
    Then they had The Sims 2 which was released years after and again that was also very popular, it had expansion packs like The Sims 1 but more ehnanced and up-to-date features but nontheless still kept the feel of the game.

Then, in 2009 we were introduced to The Sims 3, which is only generally new in a sence that it's only been around for 2 years but it has had 4 expansion packs so far, a 5th coming out this October and is still selling strong, it's topped alot of the shelves and been top of the charts several times with all it's expansions so it's obviously still popular with the general public.

So what's your view on The Sims? Do you like it, do you dislike it? Discuss!

Major Tom

♖♞♝♚ ♛♝♞♖
    Years
  • I just love The Sims.

I use to own The Sims 2 and just loved to build death houses and kill the sims in many ways like making them light fireworks in the house and watching as they burn to death.

I'm hoping to buy The Sims 3 soon.

Years
  • I played this game a lot, and do play its sequel from time to time because it's such fun. By the way, The Sims 2 only came out 4 years after The Sims debuted in 2000.

I have not touched The Sims 3 yet, as The Sims 2 satiates my Simming urges quite satisfactorily, and I also have numerous expansions for The Sims 2 that have expanded my gameplay options.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    This is gonna sound waaaay hardcore, but I have every single expansion pack for The Sims 1 & 2, and all expansion packs for The Sims 3 to date. So yeah, I guess I like The Sims. Right now, I'm playing The Sims 3 and it's a lot of fun. I like the fact that I can leave my house and go visit someone else's house instead of always having them come to you.

Looking forward to the Pets expansion that's coming out in October! :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    I own the Sims 1, 2, and 3, but I only play the Sims 2 at the moment, partly because my computer can't handle the Sims 3 that well, and partly because I think the Sims 2 is better anyways, there's just more options and a lot more custom content. (Yes I download a lot of it! Especially computers for my Sims, I'm into retrocomputing so I've got like, an Altair 8800, an Apple II, some old mainframes and much more. xD)

I really want to get more Sims 2 expansion packs. I only have Nightlife right now. I'm thinking about getting Open for Business and University, but then again Freetime looks fun too.

Sometimes I still play the Sims 1, though. I remember when I used to play as a child... the Tragic Clown always visited and I was terrified of him. And my sims died a lot because sometimes I couldn't afford a refrigerator after building such a big house. xD

Years
  • I use to really enjoy the Sims, only because I use to kill them! XD
    I know it sounds horrible, but there you go. I haven't played it in a long time so I might look back into it.​

Years
  • Like Juli, I have every single expansion/stuff pack for The original Sims, Sims 2, and Sims 3.
    ..Well, no. I'm lying. I haven't bought the newest stuff pack (Town Life) yet. I'm going to do so like today. XD;
    The Sims 3 is all I play. I've even started a sub blog on Tumblr just to chronicle my Sims. I'm in the middle of my first legacy, believe it or not..and it's kind of boring me ~_~
    I might just start a new family soon xD

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • I love the Sims! Originally I only ever played the console versions, and really enjoyed those (The alternative style they went for in The Urbz was something I really enjoyed) but they give you a kind of limited experience of the games. I tried the PC games and they are so addictive simply because of the scope of things you can do, or that's what attracts me.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah, I have EVERY Sims 1, 2 & 3 expansion pack to date and I'm really excited for The Sims 3 Pets in October, they've got Horses now!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    The only sims game that I own is Sims 2 Pets, which I managed to pick up yesterday.
    I want to play Sims 3, but both of my computers aren't powerful enough to run it.

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    This is gonna sound waaaay hardcore, but I have every single expansion pack for The Sims 1 & 2, and all expansion packs for The Sims 3 to date. So yeah, I guess I like The Sims. Right now, I'm playing The Sims 3 and it's a lot of fun. I like the fact that I can leave my house and go visit someone else's house instead of always having them come to you.

Looking forward to the Pets expansion that's coming out in October! :)

This exactly. I also have every single expansion pack. I only play The Sims 3, though. I recently got the Generations expansion pack, but never got to try it out and my laptop is lagging upon installment. I'm not TOO excited about the Pets pack, though. From the looks of the trailer, I wasn't very much impressed, but I'll surely try it out for the sake of experiencing something new.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm sure the Sims 3 Pets will be the best Expansion so far, it looks it anyway & I loved the first 2 pets games and obviously the Horses make it even better!

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    ive played sims,sims2 on the pc-sims pets,sims 2 on psp-mysims on ds,sims bustin out,urbz on gba, and sims 3 mobile for webos.

i like the quirky little situation you can get into and the plethora of things to do but "greening" is annoying when you are trying to get things done. overall i like the series enough to buy a new copy but not enough to go hardcore with the gameplay

Back