• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sinjoto Archipelago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
  • SOME SPOTS ARE STILL OPEN!!!

THE SINJOTO ARCHIPELAGO

CO-OWNER: Goodies

PLOT:

Several hundred years have passed from the time that a young trainer from Pallet Town conquered the four major regions, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. A new archipelago has been discovered during that time between the Johto region's Cianwood and the Sinnoh region's Resort area. On account of its location it has become a popular as a tourist site for champions of both the Johto and Sinnoh regions despite the traditions of the local people. This new archipelago, the "Sinjoto Archipelago" has two different tribal people that can not get along and have been warring for past generations. They are the Malons, a tribe of happiness, bliss, and simplicity and the Gorgons, a tribe of sophistication, advancement, and labor. The Gorgons who take the bottom half as their land have been feuding with the Malons because their views are different from their ideas of everything being precise and creating a powerful economy and city with many factories and modernizations. Although, the Malons are a peaceful happy tribe they have had to defend their culture of blending in and living in peace with nature in the top half. This has caused repeated generations of natives who despise the other tribe and two cities, one from each half has split of from their respected half. They believe in a balance between nature and machinery and still to this day remain isolated and neutral. The tensions have recently become so bad that two gangs have formed from both halves, Team Metallic and Team Redrose. Attacks from these gangs have caused damage everywhere and more importantly is causing many innocent causalities, mostly tourists. The Elite Four from both of the neighboring regions have worked together to come up with a plan to reduce violence and reopen tourism. A league requiring four badges from the six gyms spread across the archipelago and a Grand Festival requiring five of the seven possible ribbons to be earned have been created. That is where you come in. You have either placed in the Johto or Sinnoh region's Grand Festival, Pokemon League, or both and are going to take the challenge. You will leave all of your Pokemon in a special facility created for this challenge in either the Resort area or Cianwood depending on which region you placed at and will receive a new starter Pokemon for the competition. Then you can begin your island hopping adventure across this tense and unique archipelago to enter in the Pokemon League or Grand Festival. Beware for the two gangs antics could effect you and force you into their shenanigans, but of course it is still your choice to help create peace or to crush them down like any other obstacle that may come your way.

RULES:

1. No goddmodding.

2. No bunnying. You have to lose at least sometimes.

3. Romance and Violence kept at a PG-13 rating or you will be kicked out.

4. As RP master I have the right to kick anyone out justly.
    5. As RP master I have the right to change the rules.
    6. No cursing or Swearing other then ones like dammit! or Crap!
    7. Obey all Rules.
    8. Have fun!
    9. Shinies can be caught but it will take One hell of a battle post.
    10. When you try to capture a Pokemon please leave your post like this Shinx was engulfed into the Pokeball and it shook Once, Twice and.... then I will decide if your post was good enough to capture the Pokemon.

NAME: (What is the name of your character?)

GENDER: (Male or Female. If you say Neuter I WILL slap you)

PERSONALITY: (What is your character like?)

APPEARANCE: (What does he/she look like? PICTURES WILL NOT WORK! Sorry :P)
    STARTER: (What Pokemon would you like? It MUST be out of the possible list of starters FOR YOUR STARTING POINT. Obviously Wildcard means you get to pick it)
    HISTORY: (What kind of background does you character have?)
    STARTING POINT: (Cianwood or Resort Area)
    ACHIEVMENT(S): (Did you win the Pokemon League, Grand Festival or Both?)
    GOAL: (Are you trying to enter the Grand Festival, League, or Both?)
    RP SAMPLE: (I need one of these to see how you RP. If you don't have one make something up. If you don't have one I will point that out. If I have to ask you again for one you will be AUTOMATICALLY DECLINED)

STARTERS:

RESORT AREA STARTERS:

Snover: Open
    Type: Grass/Ice

Ability: Snow Warning

Moves: Powder Snow, Leer, Razor Leaf

Nature: Bold

Bronzor: Open

Type: Steel/Psychic

Ability: Heatproof

Moves: Tackle, Confusion

Nature: Quiet

Buizel: Open

Type: Water

Ability: Swift Swim

Moves: Sonicboom, Growl, Watersport, Quick Attack

Nature: Modest

Wildcard: Open

CIANWOOD STARTERS:

Shuckle: Open

Type: Rock/Bug

Ability: Sturdy

Moves: Withdraw, Constrict

Nature: Hasty

Gligar: Open

Type: Ground/Flying

Ability: Hypercutter

Moves: Poison Sting, Sand Attack

Nature: Adamant

Sneasel: Perseus

Type: Ice/Dark

Ability: Inner Focus

Moves: Scratch, Leer, Taunt

Nature: Adamant.

Wildcard: Gible (Taken by Mira)

THERE WILL BE NO RESERVATIONS AND IF COMPETITION ARISES WE WILL PICK THE BEST!!!

Last edited:

Darkaoz

Compulsive Procrastinator
    Years
  • NAME: Kale Meteora

PERSONALITY: Kale has always been fascinated in the development of Pokemon. So, along with being a coorordinater he's does some research to the side. Also, he's just beginning to be interested in the League and collecting Badges. He finds that challenging his Pokemon as far as they can go is necessary for his Pokemon to become the greatest.
    Kale is quiet and has always had a tough time making friends with humans. He finds making friends with Pokemon is easier and more beneficial in the long run.
    Kale also likes to sketch/draw Pokemon a lot. He's rather good at it too, though he doesn't usually show anyone his sketches.
    In the area of trickery Kale surpasses brilliance. He's quite deceitful and rarely ever gets caught lying.
    Even though it was years ago, Kale still has a strong hatred for his parents for shunning and disposing of him just because of his love for Pokemon. He thinks everything they did to him was wrong.
    Kale is also very modest. He never admits that everything he's done is great or even acknowledges it. He is very proud of himself, but modesty overcomes him when people praise him.
    Kale's past made him quite the strong and determinded battler. Every night he thinks about his parents and gets enraged. He almost thrives off of his anger.
    Lastly, Kale has a very protective side to him. If anyone attacks his honor or himself as a person he defends himself. Same goes for his Pokemon. This helps him keep a strong relationship with each of his Pokemon.

APPEARANCE: Kale has short, messy, light brown hair that almost hides his deep purple eyes. He's always wearing a dark blue, somewhat baggy sweatshirt and black, almost navy blue, pants. Under his sweatshirt is a loose fitting black T-shirt. He keeps his sweatshirt on though unless there's a very extreme heat. He also wears a one strap, black backpack that has a navy blue Pokeball insignia on it. Kale also has a small, Onyx (The Gem) necklace that he wears all the time.
    Kale stands at 5' 8" and weighs at least 135 pounds (He's quite scrawny).
    During contests, Kale's wardrobe is completely different. He wears a small black mask that goes around his eyes. His torso is covered with a black T-shirt that has a dark grey undershirt beneath it. His pants are of course black as well. He wears a foot length, black cape that's ripped a bit at the bottom. He keeps his necklace on when in contests.
    In his backpack: His contest clothing, Pokemon Food, Pokemon Medical supplies, and a black and blue scarf (He wears the scarf in extreme weather conditions).

STARTER: Wildcard: Cyndaquil-Adamant-Male

HISTORY: Kale was born into a Pokemon hating family. When he turned five, he was finally allowed to leave his house and go outside alone. He returned home with a small Pichu once but his parents told him not to ever see that Pokemon or any others again and threw the creature back into the woods.
    Kale disobeyed his family every day and went to see that Pichu, along with some other wild pokemon. When his family found out, they shunned him. He grew up in the wild with his Pokemon friends. It was hard to live out there, but the Pokemon knew the grounds and helped him a lot throughout his life. Kale became the only trainer from his family. He's a well known contest winner now. Though he's known as The Black Ray in the contest world.
    Kales contest life was very different than the average coorordinater. You see, when he started participating in Contests, he didn't have any sort of disguise. He simply entered contests in his normal clothing. After his first win, his parents found out about his contest entering. Even though they had shunned him, they wanted him to stop with the contests. He was only 13 when he started contests, so his parents still had all rights on him.
    In the middle of his next contest, Kale's parents called him off stage. Kale, angry at his parents because of the past, sent his Pokemon he had on the stage with him at the time towards his parents in an attacking manor. His parents, having nothing to defend them, took a powerful blow from his Pokemon. Security rushed towards Kale and his Pokemon. Kale was apprehended, along with his parents and Pokemon.
    Surprisingly enough, Kale was released without punishment for his actions, but his parents on the other hand, were arrested for "Bad parenting". Though they didn't stay in jail for long, Kale felt his parents got what they deserved.
    After that incident, Kale made up a sort of disguise he'd wear during contests to refrain from being recognised. He's now known as The Black Ray.
    Kale has won contest ribbons from all around the Pokemon World. He's very proud of himself and his accomplishments though if you ever met him you'd notice he always tends to bring himsef down.
    Right now, Kale's taking a sort of break in the resort area. Sort of. He learned about the "Challenge" and became immediately interested in participating. So his break really didn't last long.

STARTING POINT: Resort Area

ACHIEVMENT(S): Grand Festival

GOAL: Collecting Ribbons For The Next Grand Festival+Badges (Which is something he's not used to.)

RP SAMPLE: I decided to post two. Both are from the same RPG. That RPG is not on this site and is not Pokemon. I hope it helps though. Post Dates: 1st: 7-14-2008. 2nd: 8-15-2008. From a Naruto RPG.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • @Darkaoz There are a few problems: First of all pictures are not acceptable for this RP. Sorry I forgot to mention that in the above so I'll edit that and let you try again. Second of all I don't think you understood the goals section. It is to tell me if you will be collecting Badges or Ribbons for the Grand Festival or Pokemon League on the archipelago. It was obvious, however, just so everyone knows that is its main significance. Third of all your History Section is a little scimpy so could you please make that longer. For now pending.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • @Darkaoz Better, but I realised one thing that I missed when last evaluating your SU. Your personality is WAY too short. Also with that said what you put under your the rest of your history was all stuff that should have gone under personality. That makes both sections still too short. It might be helpfull if you explain more of his contest life for the history and describe more in depth the degrees of his personality and give more examples of situations in which your character will act. The appearance also needs some work as well. Could you please work on it a bit longer and for now it's still pending. I'm giving you one last chance, okay. I'm not trying to be harsh, but I must have these kinds of standards as an RP-owner.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • @Darkaoz Wow, you did a great job this time O.O ACCEPTED!

Yes this RP will be run in chapter form, however, I will try to allow a lot of freedom as long as it doesn't effect the plot or is ridiculous such as recieving a TM that is incredibly (ridiculously) powerful. Also I'd perfer if people awknowledge the description of each area >.< Basically please don't put something in a place where it shouldn't belong. i.e cold river in a lava cover island.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • Ah.
    Well, I'm not really one for chapter format anymore; I believe it puts to much restriction on the posters.

But nonetheless, I know you're a good RP'er Frozen; so I'll take this RP into some consideration.
    I might SU later.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • Yeah, Chapter Form does put restrictions on the player >.< But, I need to have some restrictions to make sure nobody ruins the plot, is confused about the surroundings (although, this tends not to be too problematic), or captures a normally hard to get pokemon with too much ease (it partly worries me if I were to be easy about this and people started to capture all of the rare pokemon with bad posts reducing the quality of the RP). Like I said though I only placed some restrictions to avoid confusion and to avoid staying at the same place forever XD.

To sum it up: It shouldn't be too restricting because of the reasons I have placed them :).

Thanks for the compliment Sublime and I hope you'll be willing to make an SU. I think you're a great RPer as well!

@ .Swift Read the bottom of the main post >.<

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
  • NAME: Jet Logan
    PERSONALITY: Jet is definitely the most randomly emotional guy you'll ever meet. Many people claim he acts like a girl during her time of month, but that just gets them a punch in the face. Jet is definitely the party type guy, loving music and dancing like a crazy person, but then of course sometimes he randomly feels awkward, and absolutely loathes it. When Jet isn't out partying with high school friends, he takes walks with his neighbors pokemon, as that is his side job. Hen enjoys it, and that has led him to loving pokemon.

When angry, Jet can get so mad that when he yells it doesn't make sense. It sucks for him, and he hates it, because he knows his point isn't being made. Fortunately when he calms down, he can think up good come backs or explanation, but unfortunately for him, he never gets a chance to give people a real piece of his mind, which continually pisses him off.

APPEARANCE: Jet has spiky teal hair that continuiously get stuck in his eyes, no matter how much he brushes it aside. Despite people telling him to get it cut, he simply doesn't. Great procrastinator ever. As for clothing, Jet likes to wear simple blue jeans a black long shirt and a brown overshirt. The clothes are simple enough to keep him warm if it gets chilly, but pleasant enough if its a bit too warm. When it does get really chilly, however, he will where a blue gray sweater.

STARTER: Wildcard: Male Seviper

HISTORY: Jet has lived with his Grandparents his whole life, or at least he assumes so because he lived with them even as a baby. He has no recollection of his parents. No mom, no dad, and his grandparents don't like to talk about it, so he has never pushed aside from the random question everynow and then, like on father's day or mother's day. Jet does like to think that his parent's are super secret spies, but really doubts that theory since his grandparents are just sort of... well, old.

While his parents may be old, they certainly had their adventurous sides, always taking Jet on random little field trips that had plenty of nature and pokemon. He could remember one time going in a hot air balloon fueled by only pokemon. The Inferape attendant had been most welcome. And the Dragonair flight through Misty Mountains... Jet would treasure these memories forever, knowing that the way his grandparents had raised him to be a daring young man that simply enjoys life.

STARTING POINT: Cianwood

ACHIEVMENT(S): Jet has never won a pokemon League in his life, though he certainly likes to believe he came close. The clostest to the top he had ever been was the top 50 out of 300 entries in Kanto, which is quite the accomplishment. Now he heads for this new league with, hopefully, a new start.

GOAL: League

RP SAMPLE:

PHP:
    "How does it feel?" came the taunting voice as Cyndaquil fired another Ember attack. "How does it feel?" came the same question. "To be the only survivor of your family's massacre?"

"Shut up!" Cyndaquil roared, firing more Ember's. "Where is he!?" 

"Cyndaquil!" Chikorita called, finally catching up to the fire type.

"Ah, a friend of yours?" Weavile teased as he flexed his claws. The dark pokemon turned its attention back to Cyndaquil. "Where is who?" he asked innonccently.

"You know who," Cyndaquil hissed. "My brother... that murderer."

"Like I'd tell you," Weavile said with a laugh.

"Cyndaquil, what's going on?" Chikorita whispered.

"Oh, don't you know?" Weavile called mockingly as it became a dark blur and used it Pursuit and swept passed them with a graceful ease. "His brother and I killed his family!"

Chikorita gapped, not expecting such an answer. Sure he knew the fire type had a bad past, but nothing like this. Unbiddingly, the grass type began to feel his power surge.

Snarling, Cyndaquil's rage reached its point. Fire erupting from his back, Cyndaquil couldn't help what happened next. The fire surrounded his whole body, and with a violent cry, he rammed into the vile pokemon. The screamed that echoed throughout the cave were bittersweet. "Flamewheel," Cyndaquil remarked in awe, mouth wide with shock. "The attack that came so eaily to my..." Before he could finish his sentence, a bright glow surrounded not only his body, but Chikorita's as well. Their rage against such a sin was giving them power... Once the glowing had stopped, two very new pokemon appeared in their place.

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • ok I'll edit this post later with my SU:D

NAME: Max
    PERSONALITY: Max is a very hands-on guy. He doesn't really get explanations much, but rather learns them by practicing them on his own. He is always the clown of the group, and always believes that he is the best trainer in the region, on the island, anywhere he is really. He loves Pokemon and will do anything for them, friends, or family.

When angry, Max just shuns everyone out and won't listen to a single thing anyone has to say. He doesn't care what it is about, he'll just shun everything and everyone out. He hates Pizza and anything that has pizza sauce on it, but he absolutely loves ramen.

APPEARANCE: Max has deep brown eyes, which sometimes can change to a deep sea blue. He has wild black hair which sticks out from under his backwards black and blue cap. He always wears his cap backwards because he wants to. Max is usually found wearing a confident grin on his face, or a confused expression if he lost or is just plain confused, which isn't hard to confuse Max.

Max wears a black and blue unbottoned vest, with a black T-shirt underneath it. He wears a pair of loose jeans with a blue bandana tied around the top of his thigh, on the jeans. He wears a pair of black fingerless gloves, a air of blue running shoes, and a necklace with a shark's tooth laced around it. He also carries around a blue and black knapsack with three front pockets and two big pockets.

STARTER: Wildcard-Male Totodile
    HISTORY: Max lived and grew up in Pallet Town. He grew up with only his father and two older brothers. His mom went on vacation back when he was about 4 and never came back. Some say she's lost in the woods, and some say she is just plain dead. That's why Max wanted to go on his journey. He started with a Squirtle, but wanted a Charmander, but the Charmander was already taken.

On his journey he caught many Pokemon. His final team was Blastoise, Pidgeot, Ninetales, Gengar, Seadra, and Electabuzz. He entered contests and battled against the Gym Leaders of Kanto, hoping to compete in both the Grand Festical and the Pokemon League.

He finished the gym battles and collected all the ribbons he needed, so he entered the Pokemon League, which was before the Grand Festival. He entered, and barely won first after almost losing his last battle to his rival, James. He won the Pokemon League and the went to enter the Grand Festival. Coming in second, this time he lsot his final battle to James.

On Max's way back, he found his mother's body in a deep canyon. She was dead. Max was devastated, but he decided not to tell hsi father or brothers. He lived at home with his Pokemon until now, and used to sport the outfit he wore, but with red and white colors. He grew out of those and now sports the same clothes, but a bigger size and in black and blue.

STARTING POINT: Cianwood

ACHIEVMENT(S): Max won the Pokemon LEague, and placed second in the Grand Festival.
    GOAL: Max plans on entering both the Pokemon LEague, and the Grand Festival this time, and plans on wining.

RP SAMPLE:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Well I couldn't reject either of you because I know how you RP. So your accepted. Anyways Wolfwhispers your RP sample has been cut off but meh I know the ending as it was in my RP lol.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • Good news, Frozen.
    I decided to give this RP a shot.
    I'll be aiming for that nice Shuckle up there. Expect this post to be edited within the hour.

EDIT: Within the hour was a lie xD
    I got sidetracked.
    Working on it now..

EDIT2:

NAME:

Samuel "Sam" Edgewell

Male

PERSONALITY:

Sam has a very timid personality. He's not one to start up a conversation with you out of the blue about the weather or recent happenings in the area.
    As a matter of fact, he tries his best to avoid conversation of any type with anyone. The only thing he will regularly converse with is Pokemon. He has this innate connection with Pokemon. He seems to be able to connect with them on a higher plane of thought than others can. He can interpret their feelings just with a quick glance. Now, this is no strange "power"; it's merely just a intellectual connection to the beasts that roam the world. This connection has caused Sam to get emotionally to Pokemon, and people, a little to easily. Despite the fact that he resonates with a shy exterior, beneath all of that is one of the most caring individuals you could ever lay an eye on.

Sam seems to lack any trace of anger whatsoever. In situations where a normal person would become enraged and aggressive, Sam stays calm and collected. Nothing, not a thing I tell you, can breach his subconscious and force him into a state of rage. If someone, or something, continues to pester him, he will simply ignore the annoyance completely and resume his previous activity as if the annoyance wasn't even there. This is a little thing he likes to call Intellectual Warfare. By ignoring his attackers, they in turn become aggravated themselves and simply give up on the boy. A situation where Brain Over Brawn certainly comes in to play.

Sam, surprisingly, has a wonderful sense of humour. If a joke is told that tickles his fancy, you'll here a short chuckle out of him. Keep going and you may just here him burst into laughter; but good luck getting him to tell any of his own jokes. Maybe someone will come along one day that can break his shell of shyness?

APPEARANCE:

Sam sports a rather banal appearance while standing roughly around five and a half feet. His sticking blonde hair is
    combed into a bowl, somewhat, and parted to the right. His bright azure eyes stand out like a sore thumb against his pale skin. His teeth are perfectly straight and can shine so brightly that a blind man could see them. His body isn't that well toned, but he's not pudgy, nor is he gangly.I suppose he could be a rough combination of the three, meeting in the middle for a well formed boy.

On casual days he dons a white polo shirt that is tucked neatly into his khaki pants which are held in place by a black belt made from Miltank leather. His shoes are commonplace, brown slip on shoes. He also has a navy green PokeGear which he keeps in his right pants pocket at all times. Sam likes him simple look, but it appears as if others do not. He get's comments about his "nerdy" appearance everyday.

If the climate gets a bit chilly outside, Sam's outfit will inherit a few more articles of clothing. He will now sport a dark black, and very thick, jacket that covers his usual polo shirt. His khaki shorts will turn into long, navy blue sweatpants. And to top it off, he will don a handmade scarf and a wool knit hat. Gotta keep warm!

In the rare event that Sam will be attending a formal affair, his attire will be subjected to a complete overhaul. His polo will be replaced by a white button up shirt covered by a striped blue blazer. The bottom portion of him will be covered by piercing black dress pants and fine leather shoes. He is almost unrecognizable in this attire; as his nerdy look is replaced by a look that could draw the eyes of a few ladies.

STARTER:

Shuckle

HISTORY:

Sam
    was born and raised in the bustling port city of Olivine, just a short sea faring trip away from Cianwood. His parents were always great to him, spoiled him even. He got everything he wanted, anytime he wanted. He was always the most popular kid when he was in grade school due to his excess of toys. But this all changed in his later years, once he obtained his curse of shyness.

You see, Sam was in the 8th grade and was swooning over the love of his life, Jessica Carmell. He could have sworn he had the best chance in the world to go out with her. He was ready to take the plunge and ask her. It was after school at the docks, the popular hangout. He approached Jessica and got her attention. "Hey.." He said nervously. "Will you um..Go-.." He was interuppted as a rather ripped football player, Jim Morrison, came and gave Jessica a big smooch on the lips followed by "Hey baby!" Jessica gave him his hello and turned back to Sam. "You were saying something, Sam?" She asked in her heavenly voice. Sam's lower lip quivered for a moment and he chocked out a "Nothing" as he burst into tears. He ran home with hot tears flowing down his cheecks. He has had to live with the ridicule of that day for the remainder of his life, sending him spiraling down into a life of shyness.

A few years later, Sam obtained his first Pokemon. It was a Ledyba whom took a liking to Sam the moment she saw him. Sam had always hated battling, so he took on the contests with Ledyba. After many hard trials, Sam obtained all his needed ribbons and entered the Grande Festival. He was shocked from the competition he faced. He only placed 35th out of 50, even dispite his Ledyba evolving into a Ledian during the Festival. He hans't been into contests much since then; but he heard of this new area of Sinjoto that offered contests and gyms. He decided to give this one last shot..

STARTING POINT:

Cianwood

ACHIEVMENT(S):

35th out of 50 in the Grand Festival. Sam is looking forward to this fresh start, to try again.

GOAL:

Seeing as Sam hates using Pokemon as tools of battle, he will be aiming for the Grande Festival

RP SAMPLE:

Making History: The Story of Team Alakazam by Kansas
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Okay .Sublime you have hereby reserved Shuckle :P Well no reservations but meh what else shall I call it ;)

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • One mistake that Goodies made was accepting TWO people for the Cianwood Wildcard so to be fair Wolfwhispers got his (is it her?) SU in first so he gets to keep the Seviper. That means that Pikalover10 needs to pick a different starter unless Wolfwhispers decides to pick something else for some reason. The both of you are most definitely accepted, I just need to get that straightened out first. Sorry for the problems >.<

Can't wait to see your SU Sublime!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back