• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sinjoto Archipelago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
  • Um yeah rejected. Please can you expand on your characters Personality, Appearance and History thanks.

EDIT: Yeah it's good enough now accepted.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hate to be a bother, but quick question: do we recieve the starter during the RP or before it? Also, I want Sneasel. To everyone after this: Rawr!

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2012
    Okay, I hope this is satisfactory.

NAME: Dmitri Adler

PERSONALITY: As a child Dmitri was very distant from his parents and was never really given the chance to become emotionally attached to anyone. He was quiet and apathetic in most situation, as well as a bit timid, not knowing how to get along with others. His manners and knowledge of the world were very good, but he didn't have a practical use for them other than impressing his parents friends. In school he stayed quiet and was mostly ignored by the others, though he didn't really mind. As he got older his apathy and timidity all but disappeared, being replaced with an overdose of self-confidence and a strongest of personal beliefs. He was a little more outspoken, but overall still a very quiet individual.
    A rebellious streak also erupted within him. He hated being confined and controlled and let others know about, albeit in a calm an thought out manner. A part of this was a drive to complete the goals he had finally set for himself, something he lacked in the past. When faced with failure and disappointment he does his best not to let it show and tries to come up with a solution or alternative.
    Dmitri's attitude towards pokemon is looked down upon badly by the majority of trainers. He doesn't really see their worth an only views them as tools. So far he hasn't grown attached to one of the pokemon he has caught doesn't put their safety first in a battle. He has even been used to use one of his pokemon as a shield for another, more valuable, pokemon in a double battle. After losing in the Pokemon League he considered a possible change in his ways, but hasn't made any decisions as of now.

APPEARANCE: Dmitri is 6'02" and 140 lbs. He recently put on a bit of weight in muscle due to his physically draining travels through the region of Sinnoh. He is extremely pale due to the many years spent inside studying and such. The freezing climate of the Sinnoh region didn't help with this much and he has very little tanning, if any, from his travels.
    Most of the modifiable aspects of his appearance are made up to give a vibe of rebellion and distain for authority. This includes the large number of piercings and gauges in his ears, spiderbites on the right side of his lower lip, and a number of tribal tattoos on his arms, back, and legs. His hair is in between chin and shoulder length, teased, and straight. The long bangs are swept to the side and predominately colored neon blue, while the rest of his hair is white with neon blue streaks. Dmitri wears heavy eyeliner around his gray eyes as well as black nail polish on his fingers.
    Dmitri's clothing consists of a heavy, olive green, canvas jacket with numerous pockets and a fur hood zipped and buttoned over a black T-shirt and white thermal. He keeps his form fitting and scrappy black jeans in place with a black leather bullet belt. Finally, he wears a pair of well-used dark gray combat boots with a number of straps around them, tucking his pant legs into their openings.

STARTER: Bronzor

HISTORY: Dmitri was born to a wealthy family on the 26th of December in an area just outside of Hearthome City. As a young child and infant spend very little time with his parents, who weren't very interested in him, and was in the care of a nanny or other servant most of the time. In this time his extraordinary academic aptitude and drive also appeared. His parent s took advantage of this and poured many resources into it. When he was five he made to attend a very prestigious beginning pokemon school. With the help of his natural ability and the expensive tutors hired by his parents Dmitri excelled. During this time he wasn't very social and didn't really have any friends. He was oddly cold for his age and didn't share similar aspirations as his peers, such as becoming a pokemon master.
    When he was ten he was shipped off to one of the best and most expensive boarding schools. Dmitri didn't really mind, though, he didn't have many connections with his old home. It was here that his rue talent was revealed. He quickly passed his peers and many of his upperclassmen. Dmitri grew from a just a cold and distant child to an arrogant, yet quiet, adolescent. He studied the works of the brilliant pokemon professors of the past and finally set himself a goal, to be one himself. He admired there freedom while still being a part of the area that interested him. Starting at about age fourteen the rebellion he had been expressing only on the inside started to express itself in his appearance. Not only that, but gained a bit of an attitude problem that manifested mostly in small, snide, and witty remarks and finding a way around most everything he didn't want to do. At this point he found himself in trouble quite often, even as the top student.
    At age seventeen he had graduated with several advanced pokemon, science, and mathematics degrees under his belt and had already built himself a small reputation in the academic and scientific communities, which was quite impressive for new grad. Knowing this, Dmitri applied for a position as a lab assistant and apprentice of a well-known professor in Orre. The young man was very confident that he would receive the position and he was nearly thrown into hock when it was given to an ex-trainer that had only a few years of schooling and mediocre grades. The professor insisted that the others experience with pokemon and the world made him the better qualified candidate. It was this that drove Dmitri to start a pokemon adventure in Sinnoh. Starting with a Turtwig, the young man once again showed a high level of skill in this area as well, having taken pokemon trainer courses even as a small boy. It didn't take long for him to gather a complete team and train them to a capable level. He treated his pokemon as means to an end and quickly flew the gym battles and found himself at the League. His calculated and harsh battle style tore through his early opponents, but he finally met his match. A trainer a year or two younger than him gave him the toughest battle he had experienced. This trainer was very close to his pokemon and seemed to have no real plan, just a long chain of good luck and impossible feats. In the end it was very close, but Dmitri couldn't make and experienced his second true failure. After hearing about this new league he decided it was time to give training a second shot, still contemplating if his style of training and battling was indeed the best.

STARTING POINT: Resort Area

ACHIEVMENT(S): Dmitri placed in the Sinnoh League

GOAL: Dmitri will be competing in the League

RP SAMPLE: Just did this off the top of my head.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • @ Airuku You made a nice SU, however, the sample was tad short >.< I'll let you slide because the bulk of it was acceptable. ACCEPTED

@ Pikalover10 Okay, I'll add you in now.

The Cianwood part of this RP will probably began either today or tommorow. It depends on how smoothly time passes today.

King!

better
    Years
  • Name: Jasper Otz

Appearance: Jasper has messy, dirty-blonde hair, that sticks out all over the place and sometimes looks like an explosion. He has an oval shaped head, and his eyes are big, and a jasper color( Jas per is an opaque quartz, often reddish, yellowish, or brownish in color) They are the part of his face that draws the most attention. His nose and mouth are small, almost half the size of his eyes. He is tall for his age, about 5'9, and has a skinny, and scrawny build. His skin is pale and white, but it is very smooth. His arms go down to just under his bottom( you know) and his hands and feet are small. His chest is set high, and the things that make him tall are his long legs.
    Generally, the first glimpse at Jasper, would show you a boy in a hoodie, and dark jeans. Looking closer, you'd notice that his hoodie is a solid color, one for every different day of the week( he wears a different colored hoodie each day) The colors of his hoodie are: Red; Orange; Yellow; Green; Light Blue; White; and Pink. He usually wears the hoodie half zipped, and with the hood pulled up. Underneath the hoodie, he wears either a black or white t-shirt. The design an the hoodie, is a sketched-looking, opening pokeball. His jeans are a dark blue color, and are badly ripped at the cuffs. He wears black and white, worn-out, converse shoes: For his Formal Attire, Jasper doesn't where anything too fancy. All he wears is a plain black tuxedo, with the normal white underneath, black tie, and black dressing shoes. Jasper has only been to one real fancy occasion in his life, his great aunt's wedding.
    In the cold, Jasper wheres the same shoes and pants, but wears two hoodies, with both hoods pulled up instead. When it's real cold, he'll throw on a pair of green, leather gloves.
    He also has another important accesory, a silver backpack with the same sketched pokeball. Jasper wears two orange braclets(not real jewelrey) that say the words courage and truthful on them.

Personality: Jasper is a little shy, but can come out of the shadows at some points. He is not a good leader, and would rather follow the ground and go with the flow. Jasper is kind to almost everyone, even if inside he dislikes them. He isn't very good at keeping secrets, but if its for someone he deeply cares about, he'll try his hardest. He tries very hard to reach his goals, that he usually sets high on himself. Jasper will learn from his mistakes, and always try to patch up what he did wrong the last time. He is very knowlegable, when it comes to History, but will process slow when its Math. He is very good with Pokemon, in the not battling way, and will often learn from them to. Once someone gets to know Jasper, he will open himself to them, and seem like a totally different person.

History: When Jasper was born, his eyes were open, and very wide and noticable. He was born in the Kanto region, a great place for his parents, because they were resarchers. Jasper was born with a few diseases, and got sick a lot as a baby. Jasper always had a peculiar interest in Pokemon, and enjoyed watching battles between them, as the moves often dazzled his little brain. He loved the way that they were all so diverse, none were the exact same. When Jasper was 5, his parents moved to the Johto region, because they thought it would be better for Jasper's health.

When Jasper was 7, he started at an enhanced Pokemon Academy, near Goldenrod City, where Jasper lived. His parents felt that Jasper's edjucation(I have no idea how to spell it right now...:P) was the second most important thing. The kids at school made fun of Jasper, because he was was so different and acted differently also. Jasper never confronted his parents, until he was ten years old. He pleaded his parents to let him leave the academy, and that the kids had gone to far. Caring for their son, and going for research, the family once again packed their bags, this time bringing with them an Elekid and Magby.

This time, the Otz's moved to the Sinnoh region, in Snowpoint City, where Jasper took up another academy. The kids here were nicer, and he learned much more. His family had relatives in Twinleaf, so Jasper visited often.

Eventually, at the age of 11, Jasper started a journey of his own through the Sinnoh region, starting in Twinleaf. He made his way through the region, and was the runner-up in the Sinnoh Tournament. He also got the chance to battle the champion of the Elite 4 Cynthia, and beat her, though one of her Pokemon had gotten hurt before the battle.

Now, Jasper is ready for a new league, where he'll try for the champion spot in the tournament this time. He'll face new challenges, make new friendships, and meet new Pokemon and people that he'd never imagined. Best of luck, Jasper, on your journey through the Sinjoto Archipelago!

Starter: Buizel, but can it PRETTY PLEASE be male?

Starting Point: Take a wild guess........SINNOH'S RESORT AREA!!!

Achievments: Runner-Up in the Sinnoh Tournament.

Goal: Both

RP SAmple: Let me go get it!

Last edited:

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Is Buizel not taken yet? If not, then could that be reserved for me?

If it can't be reserved by me, any other way I could join? (I'd sign up with Snover if I had to...)

I promise not to abandon this RP as much as I did your Ophoore Region one ._.

Edit: I so made a faux pas. No reservations, right? In that case, are both Snover and Buizel not taken?

Last edited:

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • Buizel is NOT taken so you may make an SU for it. Nevermind only Snover is available now. I can't reserve it for you though because I said I wouldn't do reservations so you'll just have to make one before someone tries to take it. Also I'm going to hold you to your promise, alright ;).

Also I would like to say that the Cianwood and Resort Area RPers will almost NEVER be at the same place so if you wanted to travel with someone throughout this RP with my permission you will have to start from the same point. Any of my already accepted RPers may switch starters to any free spot if they wish until the RP starts. I say this partly because I know some of you may like to RP together such as a certain two RPers who are a paired ;). You may also switch under the conditions of an agreed switch in which both RPers must agree on the switch by VMing me.

King it is okay. I know how you RP so you are ACCEPTED!

King!

better
    Years
  • YES!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Wow.....that was spam.....I'm sorry.

So.....are you excited to start?

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Dude, I didn't ask to be part of this just because my pair was part of it OK, he did mention being part of it, but I wanted to join another RP, so...

And I'm fine trying for Snover.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • Okay, Serene >.< I just wanted to let people know about that first and I thought you might have wanted to be with your pair... :P.

Okay, I have decided! BOTH sections will start tommorrow because I'm going out for a bit and won't be back until late at night. This gives some people who might like to make trades make them and for anyone who would like to try for Snover like Serene to make an SU.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back