• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sinjoto Archipelago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
  • NAME: Gale Sapphire Hana

PERSONALITY: As a child, Gale always had a positive attitude towards life, despite where she lived. However, she was teased for her nice demeanor, and eventually the teasing got the better of her. She turned more violent, beating up anyone who dared challenge her in whatever ways. Such cost her dearly. But, despite her violent behavior, Gale kept a sweet disposition and usually befriended those younger than her, seeing how she could stand up for them when they needed her help.

As Gale grew older, her violent nature stayed the same, but she was able to hide it through a more calmer personality. However, as she kept her true nature behind a fake one, she became shyer, and rarely socialized anymore. She spent her time reading books, sometimes ones on Pokemon breeding, contests, and battles. She spent most of her time learning how be a great tactician, however, as she hoped to become one some day. Though her true interests lied mainly in tactics, Gale wanted to be a great battler so she could still keep her violent nature but use it in a different way, and she also wanted to somewhat become a breeder, so she could give baby Pokemon to any kid who wanted a playmate. As for contests, she was actually quite good at them, despite her thinking that she could never succeed.

APPEARANCE: Hmm... I'll go for just basic appearance first. Gale stands at roughly 5'6", and has an average, not unreal weight. Her chest is a bit larger than the average size for her age, but Gale is unsure how big it is (she doesn't care, honestly). Her skin is a regular peachy color, just like a good chunk of the population. She has long and straight golden blonde hair that ends roughly at her hips, and in the front of her hair she has a thick braid dangling on the left side (well, if you looked at her, it'd be on her right). Gale has sapphire blue eyes, and many have remarked how gorgeous they are. Finally, Gale has two crescent moon-shaped birthmarks (each facing in the opposite direction) on her back, right in the middle of her spine and on each side of the line thing in the middle (so my anatomy isn't that great >.>)

OK, now for outfits. Gale has two separate outfits. Her first one is quite simple. She wears a white t-shirt with sleeves that end at her shoulders. She wears green camo khakis that end around her ankle. She wears white sneakers and black socks. Occasionally, she'll wear a white kitty-eared cap with this outfit, and even more rarely she'll pin a white kitty tail on the back of her pants, where the tail would probably belong. Her second outfit is a bit more femme. She wears a red headband that looks like the red part of Ruby's hat (it's tied in a ribbon the size of the ribbon on Sapphire's bandana in the back). She also has on a red t-shirt similar to Sapphire's, but the white is on the end of her sleeves rather than on the main part of the outfit herself. She has a red skirt without ridges or any sort of thing that ends roughly between her knees and ankles, and there is a small Pokeball design much like what you'd see on Ruby or Sapphire on the bottom left, in a diagonal position. To make sure no one looks up her skirt, Gale puts on short black shorts that aren't too warm. And, finally, Gale still wears the same shoes and socks with this outfit.

STARTER: Snover, and if King got Buizel as male, then could I get Snover as female? Nicknamed Elena, please. Else, if it HAS to be male, then nicknamed Ren

HISTORY: As mentioned in her personality, Gale lived in a very harsh environment, that being an orphanage. Unfortunately, it was the poorest of orphanages and often gave out poor meals and a very screwed up bed to sleep in for Gale and her fellow orphans. Through the time she was 5 to when she was 9, she had a violent nature and often wound up in a corner or spanked to death, sometimes even whipped by one of the crueler owners. To make matters worse, whenever someone came to visit, the owners always talked trash about Gale, as if they wanted her to stay there forever. Gale never knew of this until she overheard them one day at nine. They told one couple things about her that weren't even true. Hearing this, Gale ran away, wishing she was never born.

Overtime, she lived with the wild Pokemon, and learned to develop a simple life that way. She lived off of berries and slept in grass and caves, but would sometimes head into town to catch on the latest gossip. It was then on one fateful day that an old woman took her in, seeing her chilled from a sudden blizzard. As the woman housed Gale, Gale learned to sew and was soon able to make her own clothes. She made one outfit for battling (as she wished to be a battler) and one outfit (more feminine) for the heck of it. At last, at 14, the woman died of a sudden heart attack, once again leaving Gale to be on her own.

Once the woman died, Gale figured she'd go off on her own journey, and that led her to the Resort Area... After all, she needed to get away from it all, and after hearing about the one hotel that only took those with lots of ribbons, she knew it was the right place for her...

STARTING POINT: Resort Area

ACHIEVEMENT(S): Both... Actually, Gale beat the Grand Festival, and came close to beating the Pokemon League...

GOAL: She wants to give the Grand Festival another go, though she really wants to take on the Pokemon League.
    RP SAMPLE: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4371182&postcount=22

Anything you want changed, lemme know~

Years
  • Darn, too late. Oh well, sorry for wasting ye time. I should really invest in a new computer. Or rather a new processor. Anyway, my SU was ready so don't feel like I didn't care - just couldn't get it up in time.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Hey all,

Well the OOC thread should be up soon!

And I think FS has a new chapter!

Goodies.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • CHAPTER1: Cianwood and the Resort Area, Sinnoh and Johto

Description: CIANWOOD: A relatively mid-sized city, however, it has grown slighty due to the expansion of the Archipelago. To the north is a cave covered in a good amount of rubble and is impossible to traverse without HMs. To the south is a port into the Archipelago and to the east is the shore that connects Cianwood to the rest of Johto. Somewhere deep in the City there is a Johto Contest Hall and Pokemon Gym. The Gym Leader, Janice, is Chucks great-grandaughter and like her father is a Fighting type pokemon expert. She particpates in every contest in her home city so regardless of your goal you probably have met her if you would like to stop by. Lastly it is most important that you end your posts at the southern shore so that you may exchange ALL of your pokemon for you Archipelago Starter.​

Description: RESORT AREA: A properly small facility that only contains a Hotel, Spa, and a few other buildings. To the north is a route that leads to a mountain and the Survival area. To the west is a different route to the Battle Frontier and to the east lies the port into the Archipelago. Remember you can't leave the area and can only enter the Spa if you are a Grand Festival finalist. You also will need to end your posts at the eastern port to switch ALL your pokemon for your Archipelago Starter.​

Number of posts: Min. 1 Max. 2 (I don't want you to stay at the starting town forever ;))​

End: You arrive at the port and find a boat to take you to the Archipelago. You will also need to swap your pokemon with a scout of some sort for your Archipelago Starter.

Once you have finished this chapter please end your post with: END OF CHAPTER. So that I will know who is done.​

You may basically have your freedom as long as you keep true to the enviroment, don't tamper with the story of the RP, and end your final posts where they need to end. If you find an item I get to choose the quality and quanity of it. So that means if you find a compass for instance I get to choose if it is a hi-tech compass or one of those cheep toy compasses. Specifics will NOT save you from my decision. Also if you wish to find TMs and other game related items such as berries please wait until the next chapter.​

This is the basic construct of chapters and they will normally be seperated because they will be different.​

Last edited:

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
  • Jet sighed boredly as he watched the ocean pass him with lazy churns, only occasionaly spraying him with misty water. He was currently riding on the back of his Blastoise, his very first pokemon, towards this new league he had heard of. He had to get to this shore or whatever, and turn in his pokemon for a new start. To tell the truth, he was rather happy with this. He had had bad luck with pokemon so far. His Blastoise, the one he was riding on, preferred to snooze rather than battle. He knew he should have gotten that feisty Bulbasaur when Professor Oak showed the pokemon, but his heart had been set on Squirtle, but now look where he was. With only a lazy pokemon. Heck, even this Surf was slow.

As for his other pokemon... well, Beedril was pretty much his only fighter, but the bug type suffered from schizophrenia and believed the world was out to get him. Jet was pretty sure if his pokemon wasn't so paranoid, he wouldn't have gotten so far into the finals of the League.

As for Mightyena, a rare find in Kanto, the mutt preferred being a ladies man, and more often than not Jet found a trainer happily telling him they got an egg. All those times Jet never recieved an egg... all he got was a tongue in the face from Mightyena and a cheeky grin.

Pidgeot, his fourth pokemon, was perhaps the wierdest of all. She hated battling. Heck, she even hated flying. Claimed it was because she didn't want to get dirty. The only reason she evolved was because, somehow, she gave the finishing move to a giant Rydon. The League she fought back (barely) so she wouldn't get so dirty, but would quickly groom herself.

Golbat, his batty pokemon liked to Leech Life constantly. There was no other story for this bat. He had no emotional attachments to anyone. As soon as released, he'd find a wild pokemon or opponent and suck the life out of them, thus the reason why he never evolved.

For his sixth pokmon, a Macargo, the fire snail simply moved slowly. he fought well, ate when given food and did whatever was ordered. The snail had no personality, end of story.

So, with these many screwups (even if they were they were still family), Jet was hoping for a much better start in this new region, and would you know it, he had finally landed!

"Blaa," Blastoise said with a sigh as he simply laid on the sand, waiting for his trainer to return him.

"Return," Jet muttered with a roll of his eyes. Looking around eagerly, he saw a large building next to a sign that said "South Shore". Interestedly, he entered.

"New trainer?" came a bored voice to his right, startling him.

"Er, yes," Jet said lamely, holding out his pokedex for confirmation.

The woman with drooping eyes took the device with a sigh and did all the crazy mechanical things that signed him up for the league. "Place your pokemon in the transport system," she said with the same monotone voice.

A little wary, Jet place all of his pokemon in the transporter. When the last one disappeared, a new one stood in its place. Blinking, Jet took it. "Is this one mine?"

"Yes, all yours," the woman said. "You are now free to begin your journey..." she finished off with a yawn, but Jet didn't care, he got to start over!

END CHAPTER

Last edited:

Pikalover10

I'M BACK!
    Years
  • hey frozan, I'm sorry I haven't been having muxh inspiration for RP posts, and I'm running 2 of my own...sorry but I'm gonna have to drop form this RP...sorry again:(

Hiruka

A Writer From Planet Pencil!<3
    Years
  • I got permission from you to post my own character profile, so... Here it is! Let me know if it's okay <3

NAME: Hiruka
    PERSONALITY: Clumsy, upbeat and kind, Hiruka will do anything she can to help a person or pokemon in need. She worries a lot due to her past.
    APPEARANCE: Wavy, sea-green hair down to just past her shoulders is complimented by her green eyes. Hiruka always wears a white dress with a forest-green vest and a light straw hat.
    STARTER: Gligar
    HISTORY: Hiruka spent most of her life running errands for her family, running back and forth between areas of Johto and Sinnoh. At one point, she ended up taking on the Orange League challenge, becoming the Champion of it at one point or another. However, she only did that while on a break after her ship crashed there on the way to Sinnoh. She began doing contests, and ended up loving the idea of competing in the grand festival. Due to her father's wishes, she tried to compete in the Pokemon League and managed to win.
    STARTING POINT: Cianwood
    ACHIEVMENT(S): Pokemon League
    GOAL: Grand Festival
    RP SAMPLE: The sun shone bright into her window as she woke. Her emerald eyes scanned the room, checking for any changes made by the night. Assured that she was safe, the girl swung her legs around to the edge of her bed, making her way into a standing position. She looked to the mirror. As was usual in the morning, she looked like she was hit by her gyarados's twister.

After she got changed into her usual apparel and was presentable, she ran downstairs to see her 'father', Bugsy. "I'm going out, Dad! The chandellor said he had a task for me." Bugsy bid her farewell, and so she ran off, ready for her new assignment.

Logan

Years
  • Okay yeah rejected. It's a tiny bit short. Please expand on your characters appearance and personality.

Hiruka

Years
  • Alright. I wasn't sure exactly how much information to give, so I mentioned in a PM to frozen-san that if I needed to expand to let me know. So, thank you for telling me! :3 I'll edit it and get back to you ASAP, hm? <3

Logan

Years
  • Cool I can tell your eager so when your finished I'll be happy to see you RP here.

Hiruka

Years
  • Alright, I fixed it up a bit. I don't know if it's what you're looking for exactly, but it's at least better than before. Let me know if it still needs improvement, okay? Also note that I put an asterisk at the start of each new input of the form (I.E. name, age, etc.) to help separate things as it was getting rather long to me in notepad.

*NAME: Hiruka
    *PERSONALITY: Clumsy, upbeat and kind, Hiruka will do anything she can to help a person or pokemon in need. She worries a lot due to her past. Despite her generally bubbly image, she has some hidden pain she doesn't show. If someone asks her who her parents are, she'll say, "I'm not entirely sure" and eventually coil herself into a ball of distance. However, if she's near pokemon, that won't happen. She's a bit argumentative, especially when one calls her "Hiri" or if she sees someone being unfair to pokemon. For some reason, she gets a headache when pokemon near her are in any sort of pain. Hiruka is happiest when she's around pokemon and is always delighted to eat poffins, which she actually prefers over normal food. Hiruka becomes very giddy when near woods, however she has a major fear of water, so she will always hesitate to go near a river, lake or ocean.
    *APPEARANCE: Hiruka's wavy, sea-green hair falls down to just past her shoulders and is complimented by her emerald eyes. She is about 5'1", with a lean figure that is always covered by a white dress and forest-green vest combination. Her head always houses a light straw hat, making her look like a mix between a bug-catcher and classic 'cowgirl'. Above her vest, a black belt of sorts holds her pokeballs with what seem like cloth loops. For the rest of her items she carries a dusty, old knapsack the color of grass, which has many rips and tears from her wearing it when she was climbing trees amongst other tasks. Her ankles are generally covered by tattered, old socks the color of milk, which are then covered by old brown boots. Her somewhat pale complexion makes it hard to tell if she's scared, sick or both, even if she's not.
    *STARTER: Gligar
    *HISTORY: Hiruka spent most of her life running errands for her family, running back and forth between areas of Johto and Sinnoh. At one point, she ended up taking on the Orange League challenge, becoming the Champion of it at one point or another. However, she only did that while on a break after her ship crashed there on the way to Sinnoh. She began doing contests, and ended up loving the idea of competing in the grand festival. Due to her father's wishes, she tried to compete in the Pokemon League and managed to win.
    *STARTING POINT: Cianwood
    *ACHIEVMENT(S): Pokemon League
    *GOAL: Grand Festival
    *RP SAMPLE: The sun shone bright into her window as she woke. Her emerald eyes scanned the room, checking for any changes made by the night. Assured that she was safe, the girl swung her legs around to the edge of her bed, making her way into a standing position. She looked to the mirror. As was usual in the morning, she looked like she was hit by her gyarados's twister.

After she got changed into her usual apparel and was presentable, she ran downstairs to see her 'father', Bugsy. "I'm going out, Dad! The chandellor said he had a task for me." Bugsy bid her farewell, and so she ran off, ready for her new assignment.

Walking into the chandellor's house, she waved to his daughter, whom was sitting happily on the couch. "How are you, Sue? Can you tell me where your father is?" The girl explained to her that the man she was looking for was in the basement. So, she nodded, thanked the girl happily, and made her way down the cellar steps to look for the chandellor. "Chandellor! I'm here to accept that delivery you had for me!"

The room was wet and a bit dark, which unnerved Hiruka a bit. She gulped slightly from fear, trying to keep careful footing as she looked around. "Chandellor? Where are you?" She thought for a moment. Sue said he was down here, didn't she?

Hiruka

Years
  • Yay! I feel honored <3 Thank you so much, Goodie-san. I am very much looking forward to getting to role-play in this story! <3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back