• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Sinnoh Classic PGL Competition

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
Years
  • The Sinnoh Classic PGL Competition

I looked up and haven't seen a thread or anything on this, but has anyone else signed up for the Sinnoh Classic competition on Pokémon Global Link?

It's essentially the Sinnoh counterpart to the Kanto Classic earlier this year. It will be a double-battle format competition, and all Pokémon from Gen 1 through 4 are allowed except Dragonite, Tyranitar, the box legendaries and mythicals (Phione included). Mega Stones and the Soul Dew are not allowed.

The prize for competing in at least three full matches is Cynthia's Garchomp from Diamond and Pearl - Level 66, Sand Veil ability, knows Dragon Rush, Brick Break, Giga Impact, and Earthquake.

The sign-ups close at 8 PM EST tonight (4 hours and 45 minutes from now), and the competition will last from the 22st-24rd. Anyone else participating?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I am participating and will be uploading some of my wins on YouTube. :3

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
    Years
  • Currently 6 and 6 today. Been seeing both quite easy and difficult battles. ^^

This is a lot of fun! I've had tons of preparation compared to the Kanto Classic earlier this year. Spent a lot of time Super Training EVs for this. Even though I wasn't prepared with anywhere near the best Pokémon for this competition, I mainly just wanted to use Pokémon I liked and giving them as viable of a moveset they could have for this. Also really want that Garchomp, haha. :D

Here's my team:

The Sinnoh Classic PGL Competition

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm taking part but just for the Garchomp really! Every time I do one of these I always say I'm gonna do it properly next time by planning and training a team but I never do. So it's embarrassment all round again this time, lost all my matches! But at least I'll qualify for the prize! Next time...

Years
  • I did. i think i went 5-2? met some interesting pokes like a curselax... also seemed to be a lot of hail teams... i got destroyed by one. Glaceon and Abomasnow >_<

I used a support Crobat, Follow me Pachirisu (just used je sun parks pachirisu xD), HP Fire latios, No Guard Machamp, Rotom Wash and Flame Orb Swellow

Back