• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] The Slightly Refurbished (But Not Finished) Good Times Thread of Drawing! <3

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Any advice on sketching techniques and what not?

Not really, I'm afraid. I'm... really not the best when it comes to anatomy.
Basically I sketch something using my basic knowledge of how proportions work, check if something looks off, adjust it, check again, adjust, check, adjust, continuing ad infinitum or until I think it looks good enough (and even then I usually leave a glaring error!)

I could perhaps recommend trying to find your own ways to remember how the human body looks. Maybe you remember how the curves and bumps of a leg seen from the front looks by imagining an S-curve going along the lines... It's like studying. Boy, I hate studying.

Anyway, if you figure out how to visualize and draw basic 3D shapes in a convincing way, you can easily apply that to the human body. As they say, we really do consist of just a bunch of balls and cylinders and eccentric sausage shapes.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Things!
Spoiler:

Back