• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I want to go wit Pokebu since I've warmed to its cuteness and MRAS is going with Tsutajaa (not that I want an advantage, I want something different and I really don't like Mijumaru). But, I'm choosing White, that'll be two Fire Types. :\ Who said Reshiram will be on my team anyway :P (He will me xD) I guess I'll have to Fire types (which are the type I think are over hyped).:cheeky:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    You mean what types you want Tsutaaja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru to be, or their evolutions? If you meant the starters and not their evolutions, then it's already confirmed Tsutaaja is Grass, Pokabu is Fire, and Mijumaru is Water.

If you meant their evolutions, not so sure if the types will end up like that. Usually if a second stage Pokemon has a dual type, the third stage won't go back to just one type. Also, a three stage Pokemon tend with two types tend to have a type changed once. For instance, Pokabu. It's evolutions will either go Fire/Dark or Fire/Ground because Pokabu is only a Fire type. Or, its second stage could still be Fire and third stage will be either Fire/Dark or Fire/Ground.
    Just... wow. That's not what he meant at all. He's talking about their final forms being either one of those types. As in, he believes Tsutaaja's final form will either be Grass or Grass/Poison.

The only type triangles that work both forwards and backwards are Grass/Fire/Water, Rock/Fighting/Flying, Fire/Rock/Steel and Grass/Poison/Groun.

Just for fun, type squares that work both forwards and backwards, are Fire/Bug/Grass/Water, Fire/Grass/Ground/Rock and Rock/Flying/Grass/Ground.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I'll add this again since this thread is more active:

I've just realised how adorably cute Pokabu is. it's mesmerizing. At first I though, yeah it's cute, but nothing compare to Tsutaja, but now, I'm thinking that I might end up choosing it :3

Anyway, look at this:
    The Starter Discussion Thread

That yellow part highlighted, Flames goes from bottom to top: Yellow, Orange, Red. I'm thinking, with each of it's evolutions, a colour will be added until it's final stage. So it'll be Orange and Yellow for it's 1st Stage evo, then Red, Orange and Yellow for it's final stage evo :) So they'll be a flame on it's head :laugh:

Bay

Years
    I want to go wit Pokebu since I've warmed to its cuteness and MRAS is going with Tsutajaa (not that I want an advantage, I want something different and I really don't like Mijumaru). But, I'm choosing White, that'll be two Fire Types. :\ Who said Reshiram will be on my team anyway :P (He will me xD) I guess I'll have to Fire types (which are the type I think are over hyped).:cheeky:
    I don't think it's that Fire types are overhyped. It's moreso how there wasn't too many of them. Heck, many people complained you only get two Fire types, one in which is a starter, in the Diamond and Pearl games.

Just... wow. That's not what he meant at all. He's talking about their final forms being either one of those types. As in, he believes Tsutaaja's final form will either be Grass or Grass/Poison.

The only type triangles that work both forwards and backwards are Grass/Fire/Water, Rock/Fighting/Flying, Fire/Rock/Steel and Grass/Poison/Groun. As for type squares that works both forwards and backwards, there are Fire/Bug/Grass/Water, Fire/Grass/Ground/Rock and Rock/Flying/Grass/Ground.
    His post seemed to indicate what types he wanted for the second stage and third stage Pokemon. My mistake then, but he could have been clearer what he was trying to say (though before this post he mentioned he was talking about the evolutions).

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I don't think it's that Fire types are overhyped. It's moreso how there wasn't too many of them. Heck, many people complained you only get two Fire types, one in which is a starter, in the Diamond and Pearl games.

Yes.

I'll re-phrase, Fire Starters are over-hyped :)

Adâm1

The Lion's Share
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 2, 2013
    I must say, that before I saw the newest starters I was inclined towards Fire Pokemon. Since seeing Mijumaru, I have actually started all my Gen IV games in a solemn oath to become a Water trainer. I see the appeal of Water types now. Especially as I love otters.

P.S.
    FWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MIJUMARU IS HUGGABLE!
    Ahem.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    ^And Rock/Flying/fighting.

I can see this.
    Final Evos Tsutaja Grass/Flying Pokabu Fire/Rock Mijumaru Water/Fighting

I wanna see the final evos NOW to see who I'll start with either Tsutaja, Pokabu or both but not Mijumaru it is just wierd in a cute kinda way.
    The only way I would use Mijumaru is if his Final Evo is a freain epic Pokemon and the other two starters are s***

Gosh, I love Tsutaja & Pokabu...

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    Well Tsutaja IS a snake and most snakes are Poisonous I was guessing he evolves into part poison.
    I hope he doesnt become Grass/Poison because we already have a starter of that type
    What does Coil mean anyways?(sorry if I sound stupid)

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I copied this from a dictionary.

series of loops: a series of connected loops into which something has been wound or gathered

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back