• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Starter Discussion Thread

Which starter will you be choosing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Grass/Psychic would be awesome!
    My thoughts exactly, that's what I wish for, though we already have several Grass/psychic but we haven't had a new one since gen 2...plus it would level the plain field as it would have lots of weaknesses and Tsutaaja won't be so overrated no more :P. I will still get Tsutaaja despite the combo :P

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

Well in some cultures snakes are seen as good...
    I'm talking about in general. Cows are sacred in India but that doesn't mean there should be a holy cow.
    Grass/Psychic would be awesome!

No it wouldn't. Exeggutor has good stats, but it's a grass/psychic. That and the fact that every generation makes it even worse doomed it to NU mainly because it gets killed by everything with a pulse.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm talking about in general. Cows are sacred in India but that doesn't mean there should be a holy cow.

No it wouldn't. Exeggutor has good stats, but it's a grass/psychic. That and the fact that every generation makes it even worse doomed it to NU mainly because it gets killed by everything with a pulse.
    We should get a holy cow evo for milktank now that I think about it...
    Well Tsutaaja is overrated by many fans it would balance things out with the typing ;)

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

Yeah like that, but it's typing doesn't have to doom it in NU, just look at celebi...

Only because Celebi has 100 Base across the board and a move-pool that doesn't suck as hard as most grass type move-pools. Last time I checked, no starter pokemon has 600 BST.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Anime Sneak Peeks of Starters!

Get ready to see Mijumaru in a whole new light!:
    Spoiler:
    Aww!

Pokabu:
    Spoiler:

Tsutarja:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    Wow those were awesome screenshos. Where did you find them and is there a video?? Mijumaru ftw.

EDIT: Nevermind I am retarded... I see the website in the pics.

Bay

Years
  • I was able to see the videos that featured the starters from Pokebeach and have to say, nice. It's good to see them in action. Mijimaru is especially cute there. :3 It would be nice though if Mijumaru and Tsutarja's second stage evolutions were featured too, just to see if the beta art of them are quite different or not. XD However, that'll reveal the evolutions too soon, but I'm sure we'll see what the starters evolve too sooner or later.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    My guess for the names

Pokabu: Squeat Poka=warm Bu=Oink
    Mijimaru: Can someone help me out?!
    Tsutaaja: Iviper Tsuta=Ivy Ja=snake (or something like that)

Maru means circle but its a common thing for Japanese people to put at the end of names as in "Boy" Mi means Seed and Ju means Go In xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ^ o___O @ "seed go in boy"

But wow, oh my God, Pokabu reminds me a lot of Cyndaquil (idk, or just the Johto anime, either way, awesome) and Mijumaru is just sooo cute in it.

Oh gen 5, your starters are adorable. Well, excluding Tsutaaja, it's weird. D:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh my goodness I cannot believe I just read that.

Tsutaaja just happens to be my favorite of the starters. It could just be me and my love of grass types, but I keep seeing more and more of it and it's just sooo awesome. ♥ I really can't wait until I see it's final evo. I'm sure it'll look just as cool.

Idk it seems too much like Treecko for me, sorry. XD;;

And although Mijumaru and Pokabu reflect patterns of other previous Pokemon, those were the ones I liked so...yeah.

@ above, tmi for a Pokemon forum. >>;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back