• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] The Strumline

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
Holy Mother of Threadbumps!
Wow it's been a while since I posted here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fanart thingies:
A Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann -style fanart of Gliscor that I made for a secret santa event! Presenting Gliscor la Gliscor!
Spoiler:

And a Team Logo used for a Little Cup Tourney: Snivy Subterfuge!
Spoiler:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fakemon updates:

First up is supposedly my Audino/Chansey nursemon counterpart, based on toothfairies XD presenting Cuspix!
Spoiler:

Yeah, 170 base HP with 5 base Sp.Def. XD kinda like chansey except weak on the special side instead.

Next up is a turtle family whose role is to disguise as pokeballs, much like Electrode/Amoonguss families. Presenting Turtlica and Dewptoise!
Spoiler:

Yeah the names are kinda cheesy, I know >_< Simple + Shell Smash shenanigans FTW!!

Next is another cheesy-named fakemon a cockroach fakemon that uses Rorschach patterns. Here's Roachach!
Spoiler:

Next is a Grass/Electric line based on bioluminescent mushrooms: Lampuff and Phospore!
Spoiler:

Yeah I know they're a bit too saturated, but that's the way I wanted it for these two haha XD

Last but not least is one of the legendaries in my fakedex that make up the Feng Shui quintet. Based on the Azure Dragon, introducing Tohwyrm!
Spoiler:

So yeah, the other members of the quintet (red phoenix, white tiger, black turtle, and yellow dragon) will be posted another time. o3o

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
ANOTHER NECROBUMP!!!(seriously man I sure love procrastinating goddammit)

To spice things up, here's a couple of artworks I've done for my OC, Magistelle:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Both of which is included in this Art Room Banner for Pokemon Showdown. (Yeah, I got away with it lol)
Spoiler:

Stay tuned for an upcoming Magistelle doujinshi- *gets shot*

Next is an illustration for The Player's Best of the Worst Room Suggestions Article:
Spoiler:

"Moo Room" and "Shoe Room"? Seriously who the hell suggests these things...

And of course, the mandatory bunch of boring fakemons:
This is my early bird line based on the Woodpecker: Chiculet, Peckeroo and Bunkreckr!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The mandatory Pikaclone of my dex: Birinne!
Spoiler:

My Desert Plantmon based on the Aloe Vera: Chlorovera!
Spoiler:

Here's another forme of Vendorsa, which is obtained by evolving it on Tuesdays: Vendorsa Silk Forme
Spoiler:

Next is a Bug line based on Ants, which has gender-exclusive evolutions! Presenting Larvant, Raidiant and Gaiantess!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And finally, a Water/Dark line based on Krill and Mantis Shrimp. Here's Shrimpip and Prwnage!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
A fire/ice line with 2 different fakemon that has the same evolution: Pyrospira, Cryospira, and Omnispira
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And a mountain goat x ibex x yak fakemon: Bahramute
Spoiler:

...kinda looks like camerupt, doesn't it?

Last edited:
Years
Wow, I really really like your work!
I enjoy your style and these fakemon designs are really good :D It's quite interesting to see what you based them on, nice ideas! That woodpecker is rad

ZKE

Not an ounce of maturity.
Years
Uhm. Does "wow" seem lacking to you? Kinda need a firmer term. Not everything has blown me away but most of what you've just drawn let alone done digitally as the thread progressed has been incredible. Your grasp over human anatomy and tone(Magistelle :3), your ingenuity/execution with several of the fakemon lines(Cosmica line in example), I have to ask - how long have you been doing this?

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
Wow, I really really like your work!
I enjoy your style and these fakemon designs are really good :D It's quite interesting to see what you based them on, nice ideas! That woodpecker is rad
Thanks queeniewolf! Yeah I love Bunkreckr too haha. Altho I guess when I try spriting it in the future, it will be a pain because of the details ;~;
Uhm. Does "wow" seem lacking to you? Kinda need a firmer term. Not everything has blown me away but most of what you've just drawn let alone done digitally as the thread progressed has been incredible. Your grasp over human anatomy and tone(Magistelle :3), your ingenuity/execution with several of the fakemon lines(Cosmica line in example), I have to ask - how long have you been doing this?
Thanks ZKE! Like I said in my OP haven't really pursued drawing seriously until my college days where I started doing art like comic strips and editorial cartoons for my university's paper. After I graduated I haven't tried digital drawing much until 2013 when I had my hands on a pen tablet. So yeah I've been doing digital art for more than 2 years now. :)

ZKE

Not an ounce of maturity.
Years
Thanks queeniewolf! Yeah I love Bunkreckr too haha. Altho I guess when I try spriting it in the future, it will be a pain because of the details ;~;

Thanks ZKE! Like I said in my OP haven't really pursued drawing seriously until my college days where I started doing art like comic strips and editorial cartoons for my university's paper. After I graduated I haven't tried digital drawing much until 2013 when I had my hands on a pen tablet. So yeah I've been doing digital art for more than 2 years now. :)
That's what I get for being a dolt and phasing out the words to ogle at the imagery >_>; Well I'm seriously impressed that you could come so far so quickly! I hope to see more soon!

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
Another update!
First in line is the Champion of my Tervari Region, Valeria:
r6nbJEI.png

Next up is the Mega Evolution of her signature Pokemon Valthena: Mega Valthena!
5giQbKN.png

And a slew of artworks that is featured in my WoPC thread, The Tervari Region (Yeah I'm shamelessly plugging, sue me)
Hftc7DP.png

cf0YHLN.png

WbpA8vA.png

JmTm7qc.png

O5t3Ce9.png

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
Wew I should bump this thread more often...

First is a Mega Lopunny fanart I did a while back. Here's Rabu Rabu Rabbit! (hey that kinda sounds like some mahou shoujo-tier nonsense lol)
Spoiler:

And of course another round of boring fakemons!

First in line is my CAP entry for Smogon's CAP21. Based on the cockatrice, here's Starkatrice!
Spoiler:

Next is a Normal/Rock line based on piggies: Squigglet and Quarthog!
Spoiler:

Angry snoutface FTW

Next is a Bug/Steel fakemon based on the Ironclad Beetle: Ferrusect!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Does it resemble a Kamen Rider or something?

Next is a Normal-type line inspired by Squirrels and Army/Military theme, and is supposedly my early route rodent of the dex: Squirrunt and Squirnel!
Spoiler:

HEIL HITLER well it was based on US military but I guess I had too much fun and gave it a nazi salute pose lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some character sketches I've been memeing messing with:
Spoiler:

And of course, my post just won't be the same without shaming my OC Magistelle in some way! Here's Magistelle in maid and swimsuit outfits!
Spoiler:

This one is slightly NSFW, but who cares? Wet t-shirts defy all of my remaining sanity anyway!
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Incredible as always. Forever a fan of your mastery over line and color. That last pic is tasty as hell too, mmm-hm.

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
Years
So uh I guess I can post this one in the thread since the art battle I did was already over:
Spoiler:
boo.

Back