• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Sun or The Moon?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    The Sun or The Moon?

So, while we have no info about these games yet, there's a good chance that Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon will come as two separate games in general, so if you had to choose one, would you guys either get Pokémon Sun, or Pokémon Moon?

Again since there's no info yet, just use your instincts and gut for this. :]

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I'll be getting Pokemon Moon, in all probability. It appeals more to me aesthetically, and I'd expect it to have more Ghost, Dark and Psychic types in its Pokedex to suit the name. Plus my mother has already said she'd rather play Sun, so I don't really have much of a choice =P

Sirfetch’d

I'm a night owl so for now, I am getting Moon first! Though this could all change once the box legends and version exclusives change haha. I will definitely end up getting both versions in the end though.

Years
    I'd probably choose Moon as my main, likely because I tend to play the "blue" versions more (such as Soul Silver, Black/Black 2, X, Alpha Sapphire etc.) and I know the moon is more appealing to a water-lover like me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I think I'm getting Moon, but I could change my mind after seeing the mascots or any version exclusives

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Probably Pokemon Moon coz I like the serenity of night time... :3

but if the soon to be Mega Bellossom is version exclusive to Sun, then fuck Moon, I'm taking Sun instead :3

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I might be leaning towards Moon, because usually I would prefer using blue-oriented versions as well, for most of the time, even though time will tell if I'll pick this one more or not.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Even without any information I know I'll be choosing Moon. I'll probably eventually get Sun, but right now I'm set on Moon from the logo. 8)

Years
    I think I'm getting Moon, but I could change my mind after seeing the mascots or any version exclusives

Ah yes, I also tend to have version exclusives play a factor in my choice but I've had a good track record so far with the game I played having the exclusives I liked better so fingers crossed that Moon gets the good ones.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I'll probably end up getting both games this time around, but I'd probably start off with Sun. Though as others have said, once we get more information on the games I will probably change my mind.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    The way I am, I'm getting both - for actual playing starting off with Moon, sounds more exciting to me, I'm wide alert at night/

KillerMapper

Helix Follower
    Years
    For what I'm seeing everywhere, Moon version is about 95% of people's choice.

And I can't tell why but I'll probably go for the Moon too.

Last edited:

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Definitely Moon as it stands, that might change depending on version mascots and exclusives.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Tough one but I'd pick Moon for now.

Mainly because there's an accidental pattern I noticed between the first main duo game I own in each generation. I always alternate (Blue, Gold, Sapphire, Diamond, White, X)

Though that could easily change depending on exclusives. I like the sound of a Sun version too.

Back