• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Due to the increasing amount of threads being made asking for help with their teams, I've decided a thread like this would help out, rather then just closing all of the new threads.

Basically, you can post here asking for help with your teams from any of the Advance Generation games (R/S/E/FR/LG). This is not a thread to have your team rated, but simply asking for help with choosing a Pokémon to have or a move to learn, things like that.

All the teams posted in this thread must be for in-game use only, so no competitive teams or anything like that can be posted here, but rather in the S&M forum.

And just a note to those who are helping out, most people who post in this thread for help aren't going to want to breed an entirely new Pokémon or EV train or anything, so try to avoid suggestions like that, thanks :]

crazygoalie13

DarkBlaze
    Years
    I'll repost this here:

Ok, so i'm about to restart firered. I have my team all figured out except for one spot.

Venusaur
    Rhydon
    Moltres
    Lapras
    Dragonite
    ???

I need a pokemon for the last spot.

Also, if i do use this team when i start, i don't get any pokemon until i'm a ways into the game.
    Anyways around this?

Thanks

PokeMoon

Proud "Teh New Era" Member
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    crazygoalie13 :.
    As I said earlier, You need a Psychic or Electric.
    So this is what I reccomend.

Alakazam@Leftovers
    Movesets:
    Calm Mind
    Psychic
    Thunder Punch
    Recover

He's a perfect Sweeper.
    Train EV's in SPATK and SPD.

:] Goodluck.

Pokefreak437

is looking for sig. tutorials.
    Years
    I restarted my Fire Red, and already have a basic sketch of what my team will be. This is just for in game use...

Blastoise
    Surf
    Earthquake
    Ice Beam
    Bite

Fearow (I don't like Pidgeots!)
    Drill Peck
    Return
    Steel Wing
    Hyper Beam (I don't usually use 2 of one type, but I don't want to hidden power it)

Arcanine
    Flamethrower/Overheat (I plan on buying the TM Flamethrower in Celadon)
    Aerial Ace
    Iron Tail
    Extremespeed

Electubuzz/Jolteon/Magneton (no Moveset made yet)

And that's all I can think of right now. Yes I know there will be 2 Pokemon weak to electric and 2 pokemon weak to ground, but oh well

Years
    Please Help me With These Tutor Moves!

O.K,

in Pokemon LeafGreen, here is my "Team in the Making"

1. Blissey
    Moves:
    Heal Bell
    Thunder Wave
    Seismic Toss
    Softboiled

2. Togetic
    Seismic Toss
    Softboiled
    Counter
    Thunder Wave

3. Clefable
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Thunder Wave
    Softboiled

4. Wigglytuff
    Seismic Toss
    Surf
    Thunder Wave
    Wish

All moves in red are the moves that i need help with.

You see, i can only teach these moves once but I need them more than once.

Thunder Wave: Blissey, Togetic, Clefable, Wigglytuff

Seismic Toss: Blissey, Togetic, Wigglytuff

Softboiled: Togetic, Clefable

Can you give me any chain breedings or anything I can do to teach each of my Pokemon their specific ovesets>

It will be greatly appreciated!

Years
    Get a male Clefable or Wigglytuff, and then teach him all the tutor moves, then you can probably chain breed the moves to the rest since they are all in the Fairy Egg Group
    Good luck to you

Years
    it should, but make sure the male pokemon can learn no level up moves, and save prior to breeding
    For example: get male clefable, and female clefable, save, run around a teach tutor moves to the male, then put both in daycare, if egg hatches with the egg moves, then you are safe, and you can save, just be careful

Years
    If he is in the daycare, and he reaches a level that he learns a move, then he forgets one move and replaces it with another, you could lose your move tutor moves

oops, my bad, if you use clefable, he has no level up moves, so you will be safe if you use him

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    I don't think that tutor moves can be bred.

That being said, keep Toss and T-Wave on Blissey. There is no better normal-type special wall.

I'd say to give Softboiled to Clefable. Togetic just doesn't seem to have anything resembling a purpose on that team. Counter is nice, but not on an underpowered Blissey.

Years
    I don't think that tutor moves can be bred.

That being said, keep Toss and T-Wave on Blissey. There is no better normal-type special wall.

I'd say to give Softboiled to Clefable. Togetic just doesn't seem to have anything resembling a purpose on that team. Counter is nice, but not on an underpowered Blissey.

any move that is learnable by the offspring and known by the father pokemon can be passed down, so this should include tutor moves

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    You can't breed tutor moves. Period.

At ^ poster: The baby can learn them, but only through tutoring. If a father knows calculus, and a son could learn calculus, but he needs a tutor to do so, is the son born knowing calculus? Nope.

Last edited:

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    You can't breed tutor moves. Period.

At ^ poster: The baby can learn them, but only through tutoring. If a father knows calculus, and a son could learn calculus, but he needs a tutor to do so, is the son born knowing calculus? Nope.

Was that second word supposed to be 'can't?' The first and second half of that post were rather contradictory.

EDIT: He wanted me to edit the word in bold from 'can' to 'can't' so that he doesn't seem like an idiot.

Last edited:

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Jlizard, are you saying I can breed a Male Clafable with a Female Wigglytuff and the Igglybuff learns the tutored move that clefable knows?

Oh my god no. I'm saying the opposite.

and @ChronicEdge: Hahahah, yes it was. Thank you for pointing that out. I'll edit it now, and I hope you don't mind me asking you to edit my quote so I don't look like an idiot =p

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    Oh my god no. I'm saying the opposite.

and @ChronicEdge: Hahahah, yes it was. Thank you for pointing that out. I'll edit it now, and I hope you don't mind me asking you to edit my quote so I don't look like an idiot =p

No problem.

Oh, and that calculus metaphor was beautiful, by the way.

WWW- Like I said before, if you want to use Togetic, don't give him Softboiled. If you really want a Togetic with T Wave, it's better to just egg move one in D/P/P. :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back