• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the thread that makes France look good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2012
    Haha nice Aero

Looks like Philip and reach heard about my huge rant on Smogon yesterday (that kept the mods quiet). Huge response by them:

Discuss?

Forget about this Salamence testing ridiculousness, if you were able to "keep the mods quiet" with one of your arguments, maybe Smogon really is reaching a low point!

Years
  • This is both hilarious and disturbing just to see how dumb the argument is.

Also, why do they keep constantly referencing to Magmortar...? x_x

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I'm wondering why Salamence testing is coming out NOW seeing as it has had Outrage since the summer of 2008. Metagame shifts like Latias coming down and the rise of semi stall only hurt in some respects, so I don't quite get why this just suddenly popped up. While I sure don't think Salamence is Uber by any stretch of the imagination it might as well be tested since the process is already extremely frustrating and is lagging on forever and Salamence is with Latias the best offensive Pokemon in OU probably. But man, this stupid suspect test will not die...

Detox

This whole Salamence being suspect thing makes me feel that smogon has been hit with a severe case of itachi.

JOSHIKINZ_94

The crusader
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2010
    well , all i know is that salamence is my favourite pokemon and the way i see it we should be focusing more on other pokemon. who are we to be complainig just because one pokemon can rip a whole team to shreds if you give it a chance? if you don't want to be theat the recieving end of a salamence murder scene, then prepare your team thproughly for ALL types of onslaughts.simple:)

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
  • I'd be for a suspect test on Salamence / Blissey / whatever poke if it didn't needlessly slow down the testing. The test is running really slow atm, with the process being changed a lot of times. I'd be happier if what was Uber / OU was completely arbitrary so that the metagame would be stable, and only ban pokemon if they significantly crap up the metagame.

Also, the Salamence user has to predict if Salamence is going to net kills. It isn't like Garchomp at all where it can just use one set (YacheChomp) and laugh at everything. BulkyMence is a bad joke, it only beats CBScizor and gets walled / 2HKOed by most of its former counters / SE moves. Probably the only Mences that carry Roost are Bulky / Old MixMence, both of which are still affected by SR / LO recoil / SS, forcing them to Roost and giving the opponent a free turn. It is still hard to spin in OU due to the prevalence of Rotom-H, much less fitting a spinner on an offensive team.

LilacLust

Gone.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2012
    Salamence is easily defeated by CB Ice Shard Mamoswine, but the problem is you dont see one of those on everyones team :P

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    https://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65044

Yeah its official i have lost every single ounce of respect ive ever had for stark and its battlers. :/ What a complete joke, if it was closer to a April i would of thought it was an April fools joke, now i just think its a troll.

Ive always said "99% of players who think they are good suck ass and this is proved by the poor level of skill on the ladder" way to prove me right ?

Ughhh what a complete utter clustermuck. Can we have our own tier list and suspect tests seriously ?

Wonder why i like GSC better than

Dumb
    Pathetic
    Phail
    Terrible Metagame

:/

Last edited:

LilacLust

Gone.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2012
    But blissey just dies to close combat @_@

im with DA on this one. we need our own ladder! ;)

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Not our own ladder, our own suspect voting system.
    On this:https://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65044
    Smogon is the worst ever pokemon site I've ever seen, now someone will say Scizor should get tested, then slowly someone will say Infernape should get tested and sometime someone will say Weavile deserves to be Uber. I have lost my respect on Smogon totally now.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hey guys i think Breloom fits all the characteristics!

Offensive Characteristic
    A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it is capable of sweeping through a significant portion of teams in the metagame with little effort.

SUB PUNCH + SD + SPORE!

Defensive Characteristic
    A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it is able to wall and stall out a significant portion of the metagame.

SUB SEED + TOXIC ORB + SPORE!

Support Characteristic
    A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it can consistently set up a situation in which it makes it substantially easier for other pokemon to sweep.

SPORE, WEAKEN WITH LEECH SEED, ALSO STUN SPORE AND TOXIC!

Love how easy this is to make something seem broken lol

LilacLust

Gone.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2012
    so does Jynx!

Offensive Characteristic
    A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it is capable of sweeping through a significant portion of teams in the metagame with little effort.

Sub-Kiss + Nasty Plot + Calm Mind

Defensive Characteristic
    A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it is able to wall and stall out a significant portion of the metagame.

Sub + Lovely Kiss + Rest + Sleep Talk

Support Characteristic
    A Pokémon is uber if, in common battle conditions, it can consistently set up a situation in which it makes it substantially easier for other pokemon to sweep.

Lovely Kiss + Toxic + Trick + Wish + Torment + Taunt + Swagger + Reflect + Light Screen

And it has Mean Look + Perish Song!

Its amazing how many hidden ubers there are ;)

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • You know Lilac, there IS a reason why Jynx is NU, instead of high up.

First of all, she has horrible typing. Psychic + Ice = Weak to almost half the types out there (Ghost, Dark, Fighting, Fire, Bug, Rock, Ground etc.)

Second of all, all the sets you just said are utterly useless. They are all Taunt-bait.

LilacLust

Gone.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2012
    i was pointing out that their criteria of an uber pokemon is warped :P I dont actually think it should be uber XD

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • so does Jynx!

Offensive Characteristic

Sub-Kiss + Nasty Plot + Calm Mind
    Why Nasty Plot and Calm Mind on a set which has no attacking moves? Taunt bait.

First of all, she has horrible typing. Psychic + Ice = Weak to almost half the types out there (Ghost, Dark, Fighting, Fire, Bug, Rock, Ground etc.)
    Jynx isn't weak to Ground lol, Ice is super effective on Ground while Ground is neutral on Ice.

LilacLust

Gone.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2012
    i meant that those are the moves that can help it sweep XD they're not all on a set together.

I meant something like this;

~Lovely kiss
    ~Sub / Psychic
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Nasty Plot / Calm Mind

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back