• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The three starters

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    I don't care what anybody says about Turtwig, I'm choosing him. Besides, Torterra looks F'n AWESOME!

Imagine this, a team with Torterra, Blastoise, and Torcoal. That's a plant, water, and fire TURTLE TEAM!

Which reminds me, I really want to see the new TMNT movie.

AWWW! What if there was a ninja turtle Pokemon! It could be a fighting type! That would rule.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    heh feel free to put torkoal on a team, but i assure you, it's not very helpful in battle. it only specializes in defense and has a VERY low speed, so it's not the best option even for a tank considering it has a mediocre sp defense. also, since it is a fire type, its high defense is left to mean very little because of the popularity of moves like earthquake and rock slide. it's quite silly that both its attack and sp attack are equally decent, but its sp defense is set lower than that.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    heh feel free to put torkoal on a team, but i assure you, it's not very helpful in battle. it only specializes in defense and has a VERY low speed, so it's not the best option even for a tank considering it has a mediocre sp defense. also, since it is a fire type, its high defense is left to mean very little because of the popularity of moves like earthquake and rock slide. it's quite silly that both its attack and sp attack are equally decent, but its sp defense is set lower than that.
    Awww maan. Why you gotta' rain on my parade like that. I wasn't concerned with the specs, it's the novelty of the idea.

Adventure-Chan

*~Have faith~*
    Years
    Starters

I know the starters japanese names they are

Poochama type:Water

Nieturu(sorry if my spellings incorrect)type: Grass

Hicorazu(Possible incorrect spelling)type: Fire

BlackLabel-Atreyu

Shikamaru - The Lazy Genius
    Years
    I don't care what anybody says about Turtwig, I'm choosing him. Besides, Torterra looks F'n AWESOME!

Imagine this, a team with Torterra, Blastoise, and Torcoal. That's a plant, water, and fire TURTLE TEAM!

Which reminds me, I really want to see the new TMNT movie.

AWWW! What if there was a ninja turtle Pokemon! It could be a fighting type! That would rule.

Hey I like that idea ^.^
    Although, I think that'd be kinda weird if they made another green turtle, haha, but oh well, stilla cool thought :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010

Have fun with that. It most likely won't last long in battle especially Torcoal.

I always thought Shuckles look like a turtle too. Not that he'd be able to help much.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Hey I like that idea ^.^
    Although, I think that'd be kinda weird if they made another green turtle, haha, but oh well, stilla cool thought :D

It could be purple, like the color of the "Fighting" bar.

Have fun with that. It most likely won't last long in battle especially Torcoal.

I've won a fair share of battles with Torcoal. As long as the opponent was grass and had a lower level. I usually got out in the red.

"Surely you jest."

Indeed sir I do.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    I always thought Shuckles look like a turtle too. Not that he'd be able to help much.

well we both know he *isn't* a turtle, but shuckle could be of some help in D/P. with the new move Power Trick, it can swap its own Attack and Defense stats. with a base def of 230, think about the damage you can cause with that. it would still leave his defense wide open for attack and doesn't excuse its very low speed and hp, but there's gotta be some moveset for shuckle that would finally let it shine. encore might actually be useful with shuckle considering that if a shuckle pops up, most people will come to the conclusion that it will only stall for few moves, allowing them to use a stat increasing move (Swords Dance/Calm Mind) so they can OHKO it and the rest of your team. risky but well worth the try.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    well we both know he *isn't* a turtle, but shuckle could be of some help in D/P. with the new move Power Trick, it can swap its own Attack and Defense stats. with a base def of 230, think about the damage you can cause with that. it would still leave his defense wide open for attack and doesn't excuse its very low speed and hp, but there's gotta be some moveset for shuckle that would finally let it shine. encore might actually be useful with shuckle considering that if a shuckle pops up, most people will come to the conclusion that it will only stall for few moves, allowing them to use a stat increasing move (Swords Dance/Calm Mind) so they can OHKO it and the rest of your team. risky but well worth the try.

I like the way you think, Samson. If ever they're were battling teams, I'd want you on mine.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    I was thinking of a turtle team a while ago, but the question remains... how do you fly?

Anyway they are Tortoises, not Turtles. Except for Gastrodon.

Obelisk

Toad Sage
    Years
    originally i was going to pick turtwig but i think im going to pick pochama now because i dont like the gorund grass combo for torterra the water steel combo is pretty cool for empoleon.

Years
    piplup looks really cute. With FireRed I always use Squirtle because Water beats Brock's Rock Types. Since I have no information on the type of trainers you meet for badges/ribbons/whatever I don't know what'd I'd pick.

Mquaza

Master of Pokemon
    Years
    I usually choose the fire starter on my first game, however I am un-sure at the moment.
    I used a fire starter on all of my games (excluding GOLD), but the fire starter now is not ...... I don't think the word :P. In this version I will pick a grass starter!!

Mquaza

Master of Pokemon
    Years
    Yeah but I always chose fire typs. In my R/S/E you can't beat the first gym if you don't evolve Torchic into Combusken!

Back