• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Time Warp Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Alright, I think I'm ready for another challenge. Probably on Blue, unless I decide to restart Red. I'm leaning towards keeping my Jurassic Jam file until I finish the next challenge, though, then transferring everything over to a storage game and starting fresh on both. So, without further adieu:

Username: Imperator161
    Game: Blue
    Era: Ice Age

Update #1:

I started my challenge and have made my way to Cerulean City. Currently traveling to Bill, and then I'll be defeating Misty. My team thus far is as follows (all around level 17-19, I believe):
    -Wartortle
    -Nidorino (debating when I'm going to evolve it into Nidoking)
    -Nidoqueen
    -Geodude

I'll be adding Lapras (obviously) and probably one other member. Perhaps Kabutops (got the Dome Fossil this time), or else another rock type like Rhydon. Or I could go for another part-ice type, but if I do that, I don't know which one I would go for. I'm glad that I'm able to form more of my team earlier on this time around, because it was a pain to train up three new team members for the last couple of badges of Jurassic Jam.

Last edited:

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • Username: DyingWillFlareon
    Game: Emerald
    Era: Industrial

Ill write what I got done in the morning. ^^

Spoiler: Updates
    Spoiler: Roxanne
    Picked Mudkip and went on to save Prof. So far soloed and destroyed Roxanne's Gym. Got on the boat to Dewford and gunna catch an Aron and Makuhita when I can get back on. ^^

Current Team:
    Yuichi Marshtomp Male Bold Level 19

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    An update on my Ice Age challenge on Blue:

I've earned three badges, so I'll be heading on to Rock Tunnel next. My Geodude evolved into Graveler, so now I need to figure out if I want to evolve it into Golem (and if so, I need to start a save file on my other 3DS so I can do the trade evolution; right now, I'm feeling lazy, so it probably won't happen right away, if at all). Right now, I'm also trying to figure out who to add to my team next, and whether I want to have exactly six members in the end, or a different number.

The team (not that different from the last update, and all around level 25):
    -Wartortle
    -Nidorino
    -Nidoqueen
    -Graveler

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    Username: Luzu
    Era: Pirate Golden Age
    Game: Alpha Sapphire
    Extra Rule: Pirate. I'll let you know which types I decide to switch but atm I feel it's going to be Fighting for Dragon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Update: I haven't had much time to play my Ice Age challenge lately, but I've made a little bit of progress. I have four badges now, and am currently scaling the tower in Lavender Town.

The team (all around level 29-30):
    -Wartortle
    -Nidoqueen
    -Nidorino (still can't decide when to go ahead and evolve him)
    -Graveler (no chances to trade evolve yet, I'll see if it happens)
    -Sandslash (I was thinking of waiting to get my next team member, but I really wanted to add someone else sooner rather than later, and Sandshrew (now Sandslash) fit the bill. One of the things I found really annoying about my last run was trying to double the size of my team between the last couple of gyms. There simply weren't enough trainers to get everyone up to speed, and I didn't enjoy grinding that much. I'll be adding Lapras soon, and perhaps Kabutops as well, if I feel like having more than six Pokemon in rotation.)

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2018
    Username: Disturb Not The Harmony
    Era: Jurassic Jam

I had a long update/run log, but the forum ate it. Oops.

Final Team:
    Tarn Helm: L46 Kabutops [Slash, Surf, Harden, Absorb]
    Land Shark: L47 Gyarados [Surf, Strength, Bite, Dragon Rage]
    Dragon: L46 Charizard [Slash, Cut, Dig, Flamethrower]
    Old Moth: L42 Butterfree [Psybeam, Sleep Powder, Poison Powder, Stun Spore]
    Ptero: L30 Aerodactyl [Wing Attack, Agility]

As you might guess, the Elite Four burned through all the healing items plus the emergency supplies... Oops.

The playthrough was pretty much what you'd expect. Caterpie got the Viridian Forest PokeBall and Magikarp the Great Ball from the S.S. Anne's trash bin. Kabutops was invaluable for tanking Hyper Beams and Gyarados for covering for everything else's weakness to Ice. Also, it turns out the feared Gen 1 Alakazam does poorly against Slash.

The most amusing moment of the run was Misty's Starmie wiping out Charmeleon and Butterfree, only to fall to the almightly L18 Magikarp. Gave me a good laugh.

Overall a very fun run. Since this isn't a Nuzlocke, the lack of buyable items really didn't affect me (since I could always blackout and come back) until the Elite Four, where even the Emergency Supplies clause was barely enough. To be fair, I ran in without grinding at all, which was pretty suicidal at my levels. Nonetheless, my team (barely) made it.

Nice challenge! It definitely felt like a "prehistoric" team.

erratictransparency

Zubat Enthusiast
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2017
    Username: erratictransparency
    Game: Liquid Crystal (hope that's okay)
    Era: Jurassic Jam

I'll try to post updates. :) So far chose Cyndaquil.

Edit: Forgot about reptilia. Went with Totodile.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Username: derrick95
    Game: Platinum
    Era: Egyptian

Here's my planned team at the moment:
    1. Torterra (nose)
    2. Kricketune (nose)
    3. Togekiss/Togetic (no nose) (not sure how easy Shiny Stones are to get)
    4. Drapion (mandatory, no nose)
    5. Froslass (no nose)
    6. Girafarig (nose)

I'm starting right now, and it shouldn't take me long to get an update here.

EDIT, June 1st:

I was kinda hoping someone else would post soon after me so that I could post again instead of editing, but eh I don't feel like waiting anymore.

Spoiler:

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    A brief update for my Ice Age challenge in Blue:

I've gotten my fifth badge from Koga now, which means my team can finally use Surf. I picked up Strength as well. I'm going to head to Silph Co soon, where I'll be picking up a Lapras. Still debating exactly how to round out my team, or whether to use seven Pokemon rather than six, but things are coming along quite nicely. Same team as the last update, just higher levels.

HyperJono

Fanfic Writer, Pokeshipper, Lover of Pokemon
    Years
  • I'm resigning up and doing a new challenge start
    Username: HyperJono
    Game: Ruby
    Era: Post-Apocalyptic
    For the base defense of 115+ Pokemon does this mean I can only catch Pokemon that have a base defense of 115+ or can I catch Pokemon that evolve and gain a base defense of 115+

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    I'm resigning up and doing a new challenge start
    Username: HyperJono
    Game: Ruby
    Era: Post-Apocalyptic
    For the base defense of 115+ Pokemon does this mean I can only catch Pokemon that have a base defense of 115+ or can I catch Pokemon that evolve and gain a base defense of 115+

You can catch something that gains 115+ base defense upon evolving as long as you evolve it as soon as you can.

HyperJono

Years
  • You can catch something that gains 115+ base defense upon evolving as long as you evolve it as soon as you can.

Thanks for letting me know. Also since I'm doing the Post Apocalypse Era is the Zubat line allowed since they are Poison/Flying?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Thanks for letting me know. Also since I'm doing the Post Apocalypse Era is the Zubat line allowed since they are Poison/Flying?

Unfortunately, you can't use the Zubat line because one of their type is a banned type. You can use any other poison dual types as long as the other typing isn't on the banned types list.

HyperJono

Years
  • Unfortunately, you can't use the Zubat line because one of their type is a banned type. You can use any other poison dual types as long as the other typing isn't on the banned types list.

Thanks.

Also I am unable to follow the zombie rule as none of the Pokemon I can catch can learn Bite.

HyperJono

Years
  • Update on my Post Apocalyptic Challenge on Ruby
    Team
    Spoiler:

Progress
    I am currently at Fortree City. I swept through the first 3 Gyms quite easily with just my Combusken. Managed to defeat Flannery with my Numel and Swalot. Norman was also quite easy thanks to Combusken. Each encounter with Team Magma has been a bit of a challenge. I am currently level grinding so I can evolve my Numel and Aron so I can rechallenge Winona as she defeated my quick easily with just her Pelipper.

Years
  • And I have completed my Egyptian Era Time Warp Challenge! It got pretty difficult at the end due to level jumps (Level 49 Yanmega on Aaron's team to a Level 62 Garchomp on Cynthia's? What the heck?), but I pushed through and made it. Last time I updated I left off at the Canalave Gym, so I've got a lot to update on.

Spoiler:

Final Team:

Spoiler:

Final Time: 30:33

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Scrapping all of my previous runs (due to a loss of save files mostly in favour of new sign ups:

Username: Ahri
    Era: Ice Age

Username: Ahri
    Game: White 2
    Era: Mobster Mania

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back