• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The trainer that nearly broke you...

Notworking15

Wait...WHAT?!
Years
    • Seen May 29, 2011
    there are alot of trainers out there, with, some real easy to beat, some a real challenge, some might have been even be capable enough to pose a real threat! was there a certain non-gym leader/ non storyline/non elite four trainer during your first playthrough that you had trouble with? i mean, a LOT of trouble with?

Last edited:

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Im not sure how i could possible remember something like that and can you even battle a random trainer after it beat you?

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • I didn't really find any individual trainers to be very strong.
    A couple of the Team Plasma guys were a little tough, but I only had 2 members on my team for a long time so that probably had something to do with it.

Any trainer with an Alomomola was harder than usual.
    Even when hitting it with electric attacks it barely did any damage. It just felt really... massive?

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Uhhh..I honestly cant remember any trainer actually giving me any trouble..Most of my Pokemon were overleveled *shrugs*. Maybe Fire types since I used Grass and Grass/Bug types most of the way...

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    I think that I almost died against the trainer in relic castle with a sigilyph. Sigilyph has insane special attack, and I think most of my pokemon were weak to flying and/or psychic.

gameplayer56

Loving Latias Forever
    Years
  • Same with Tyranit, thank God I had Vicitini, & another trainer (White vers.) that battles you with a triple battle style, finishing all my Pokemon, all but one, Tirtouga. I thank him, nowadays.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
  • I guess when I fought a certain person it was really tough seeing as how I was at least 10 levels below her at the time. (Don't want to say her name incase some people haven't got to her yet, in spoiler though.)
    Spoiler:

koji8123

PKMN Collector
    Years
  • It would be after the first playthrough.. After I beat Ghetsis 54 something pokemon with my barely lvl 48-50 pokemon (no cheats im just good at strategy) I stroll through credits pop into white forest, catch a couple 5's... and then WTF EVERY trainer has 60-65 lvled pokemon! I was like, how the-..?

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • I agree with the above, the post-story trainers were all huge threats (even for a well prepared mid 50 team like mine).

Other than that, no main story trainer have really been that extraordinarily difficult.
    Chilli was a pain at first though, as I had let him use all those Work-ups during a blunder :P

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • the post game trainer in Nimbasa which is a double battle against two darmanitans. another with Liligant and wwhimsicott. I have a team of 55-60s and theyre still a challenge

Jesspke

Passerby~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2016
    Lol, the first trainer after coming out of the white forest/black city. Purugly/Lapras PWNED me.

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
  • I'm don't remember why or how, but N almost killed me. And, since Zoroark was my main/only Pokemon at the time...I suicide trained at Marshal and at Grimsley's Scrafty.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Thinking back, that Morimoto guy or whatever was a little tough, but with Volcarona wasnt too hard. Same as the post game trainers. Cynthia of course wiped my team out quickly..Stupid Garchomp, and too this day I have not beat her yet XD.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I agree with the above, the post-story trainers were all huge threats (even for a well prepared mid 50 team like mine).

EXACTLY! I went to the Dreamyard right after I beat the Elite 4 and all of the trainers had pokemon around Lvl 65. The stadiums have even higher level pokemon. There is such a gap between levels, it's difficult to beat those trainers.

Years
  • Thinking back, that Morimoto guy or whatever was a little tough, but with Volcarona wasnt too hard. Same as the post game trainers. Cynthia of course wiped my team out quickly..Stupid Garchomp, and too this day I have not beat her yet XD.

Garchomp has a 4x weakness to Ice, so use an Ice-type if possible.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I dunno if I'm the only one (probably) but I absolutely loved the huge jump in level going from E4 to post-game trainers. It made everything after the main storyline actually somewhat difficult, with my Pokémon nearly KOed a good three-fourths of the time. It made strategizing and planning out stuff more important, I s'pose. Plus, the huge jump in level made every battle a challenge and gave way more experience points. I dunno, I just really enjoyed the huge change.

Any trainer in specific...? Nah, not really. I mean, I lost to Cynthia the first try, but eh otherwise not really anyone.

sh0kk

me
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2023
    Exactly

It would be after the first playthrough.. After I beat Ghetsis 54 something pokemon with my barely lvl 48-50 pokemon (no cheats im just good at strategy) I stroll through credits pop into white forest, catch a couple 5's... and then WTF EVERY trainer has 60-65 lvled pokemon! I was like, how the-..?
    When that happend for me the first guy had a lv. 60 croagunk (dunno if you fought him in white, I have black)...also the challengers cave with all the ace trainers and their lvl 65 Gabites took awhile, but other than that no huge stand-outs.

Back