• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The trainer that nearly broke you...

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
  • A Pilot in Battle Subway. I was so damn scared! I never lost in my entire life playing
    PKMN, so I was so afraid that I would lose!

Unfortunately for that Pilot, I won with my last standing Hyderigon.
    (Which would have died if the Pilot's Salamence's Draco Meteor hits
    my Hyderigon. Unfortunately for him, his Salamence's Draco Meteor missed)

Notworking15

Wait...WHAT?!
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2011
    as for me, it was a certain trainer within victory road with an Eelektrik. then again with another's fraxure(i forget which one or if it was in victory road), afterwards a veteran in challengers cave with 6 pokemon, all of my team were fatigued, but i some how managed to pull a win out

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • There was 1 trainer that really gave me a hard time, though you don't find her until well after the Elite Four. I won't say her name though in case you haven't made it this far yet and don't want the surprise spoiled. I'll put her picture in a spoiler.
    Spoiler:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Just about everybody post-game...I remember one guy with an especially vicious Lv68 Absol and this one lady with a Lv65 Own Tempo Lilligant who ripped through my team with Petal Dance.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Alder. Only Full Restore - Revival Herb and a bit of luck made me go through the E4 smoothly, and this guy is giving me a very difficult time. Especially with the sudden level shift in the postgame...

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I have a hard time dealing with any trainers with Ducklett or Swanna! Ogod my Black team is so water/fly weak. Pathetic, I know. I packed a Zebstrika in White. B)

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • hardly any normal trainer gave me trouble... before i could actually face the lv60s trainers I immediately went to pokeshifter place before I did anything else... so yeah :s

Seliana

Mrs Popo
    Years
  • I consider myself a fairly experienced 'Trainer', so to speak. I've been playing the games long enough, had fun doing it, even if I don't do it for stats and what not. So admitting who it was that has given me the most amount of trouble so far is probably going to break me with SHAME.

But...Burgh.

I don't know WHY, but Burgh. Maybe it's because I don't have as much time as I used to to train, but BURGH. And...even now, when I've finally managed to move on...he continues to break me. In the MIND.

*meebles in corner*

ceremony

rah rah
    Years
  • Ghetsis was the only one that gave me a little trouble. Only because he bum rushed me after N, and it was before I started getting together a real team.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
  • Challenger's Cave, one of the last Veterans in there has a team of 6 Pokemon.

The team is:

Gyarados
    Excadrill
    Crobat
    Druddigon
    Gigalith
    Snorlax

Years
  • Some random with an archeopteryx in that electric cave. That thing had some overpowered move that killed half of my team.
    Also, the battle with the female rival between the cities with the seventh and eighth badges. My team was already mostly in the yellow or red, but I didn't feel like going back to the Pokemon Center because of all these cursed swamps. So I saw a guardhouse and thought I could get away with not healing. Then she attacked. And my leading Pokemon was completely useless against hers. In the end I still made it to the next city without going back though :p

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    The Lilligant and Whimsicott combo actually did obliterate me. My Sawk was owning in the stadium, getting ahead of the others, so I decided to level up Samurott too by going into a double battle...Reshiram was luckily in my party for reasons I do not know, so I didn't lose money.

Back