• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Triple Threat Challenge!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Update #2

Beat Brendan, got Pokéballs, got running shoes, wandered off. Caught a Zigzagoon for HMs on Rt 101, named her Irene. Caught a Wingull for HMs on Rt 103, named her Gloria. Defeated all trainers on Rt 102. Did whatnot with Wally and Norman and Scott in Petalburg.

Went on to Rt 104. Caught a Marill, named her Keira. Defeated all trainers 'round there. Went into the forest, defeated a few trainers including an Aqua Grunt. Caught a Shroomish and named her Fiona. Trained absent-mindedly on wild Pokémon for a while.

Team summary:
    Alex (Torchic) lv 11
    Gloria (Wingull) lv 9
    Fiona (Shroomish) lv 6
    Irene (Zigzagoon) lv 10
    Keira (Marill) lv 11

I uh don't play games very fast. Logged time: 3hr25mn
    Also I am levelling my HM 'mon because I just like when all my Pokémon are similar levels okay. They're not at all being used on trainers.

Flute

Full-time loser
    Years
    Game
    Emerald

Name
    Flute

In-Game Name
    Flute

Team
    Metagross (Starting as beldum, hacking in at the start if allowed), Shedinja (Starting as Nincada, releasing my Ninjask), Flygon (Starting as Trapinch).

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    okay Update #3 then

Trained on wild Pokémon to bring my team up to similar levels, finished off the trainers in the forest and the other side of Rt 104. Got a Wailmer Pail. Went up to Rustboro. Talked to every single resident. Got Cut and a Quick Claw. Beat Roxanne and her entourage. Saved for now.

Team summary:
    Alex (Torchic) lv 12
    Gloria (Wingull) lv 11
    Fiona (Shroomish) lv 14
    Irene (Zigzagoon) lv 11
    Keira (Marill) lv 13

So yeah I've put in 5hr27min now. I. Am. So. Slow. Hahaha.
    Also I'm doing small updates because I play for a long time each time, but nothing much happens so. :x I hope that's okay? I'll make sure to put an actual accomplishment in every time from now on.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Name: XavierYT
    Ingame:Gold
    Version:Gold
    Team: Typhlosion, Victreebel, and Quagsire
    Wish me luck!

Starting stuff .-.
    I find out from Prof. Elm that I need to go on the quest to find the suckish egg,so I leave to go adress Mr.Pokemon.
    Name my cyndaquil Nelly, as in 'Hot in Here' the song :p
    begin the journey to become the very best, like no one ever was.
    Grind Nelly up to level 10 before getting to Mr.Pokemon
    Talk to Mr.Pokemon, then Prof. Oak looks at me like some kind of pedophile and gives me a pokedex.
    fight my rival, and name him/her Silver (its really hard to tell lol)
    some jerk shows me how to catch a pokemon, like I didnt already know how -.-
    anyway, Train Nelly until he learns ember (level 12) and make my way to Violet City.
    We make our way to Violet City and take down Sprout Tower, Nelly evolves and we take on the gym at a solid level 16.
    We finish the gym and grab the egg from Elm's Aides (see what I did there?) and catch our next team member, Church, the Bellsprout. And, Jolly the Wooper.
    I grind my new pokes up a bit, and head up to union cave.
    Union cave completed. Im gonna keep playing, this is just a very long update. I'll make it shorter next time, I promise!

Level Progression: Nelly :level 18: Church :level 14: Jolly :level 14:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2013
    Name: Gkos34
    Ingame Name: G
    Game: Platinum
    Team: Rhydon, Azumarill, Bronzong

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Update #4!

Went after the Aqua Grunt what stole the Devon Goods and Peeko. Defeated a bunch of trainers on the way, meandered and trained on wild Pokémon, dumped Gloria in the PC because I couldn't be arsed to train her properly, caught a Skitty because I can never remember what colour is shiny and what isn't (it wasn't), eventually defeated the grunt.

Then I got towed back to Devon, enlisted by Mr Stone and given a PokéNav for my troubles. Wandered back to Rt 116 and got some people registered in the Nav. Wandered out south of Rustboro and ran into Brendan, who decide to show me that he'd caught all of one Pokémon. After that interruption I continued to collect all the Nav registrations from people I'd already caused trauma to. Eventually I ended up back at Mr Briney's cottage and demanded he let me take his boat for a spin, which for some reason he agreed to. Landed in Dewford and decided to chill there for a while.

Team thus far:
    Alex (Torchic) lv 15
    Fiona (Shroomish) lv 15
    Irene (Zigzagoon) lv 15
    Keira (Marill) lv 15

Time: 7:35

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Charizard - level 60
    Jynx - level 58
    Dragonair level 44

Charizard, Dragonair and Jynx are currently having a tough time in the Elite Four. Hopefully they'll get some good exp and level ups before defeating the champion.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    The other day, I decided that I would do a tri-species run on Black. I went through and decided upon my team based on coverage of the prominant types used by strong trainers in Unova. I know that doing this is an easy way out, but this is my first challenge in ages and I didn't want too much trouble with it. The team that I settled on is Froslass, Salamence, and Carracosta. The next day I started the challenge and by today I made it all the way through Chargestone Cave (just before the 6th gym). Then a few minutes ago I found this thread and decided that I would go ahead and enter and just start posting updates from where I'm at now. So far it has been a pretty smooth run with no problems or anything; nothing very interest to make note of.

Anyways, here is my sign up and I will edit this post in a little bit with my team right now.

Name: deku
    Ingame Name: deku
    Game: Pokemon Black
    Chosen Team: Salamence, Froslass, Carracosta

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    Name: Rafael p
    Ingame Name: NiNi
    Game: Pokemon Crystal
    Chosen Team: Charizard, Venasaur, Feraligatr.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Well, today I made it through the 7th gym, and right now I am about to go after Team Plasma in Dragonspiral Tower. For a short recap of today's events: I completed the first route after Mistralton as well as the Celestial Tower so that Skyla would go back to the gym, as well as evolving my Tirtouga into a Carracosta. I went back to the gym and OHKO'd Swoobat with my Froslass, 2HKO'd Unfezant with my Shelgon, and OHKO'd Swanna with my Carracosta. Then I defeated Cheren and made my way through Twist Mountain. After that I tackled the Icirrus Gym and defeated Brycen. Right now I am saved outside of Dragonspiral Tower, about to chase after Team Plasma! Here is my team right now:

O'Brien the Carracosta
    Male | Lv. 42
    - AncientPower
    - Crunch
    - Surf
    - Earthquake

Winston the Shelgon
    Male | Lv. 42
    - Brick Break
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Aerial Ace

Julia the Froslass
    Female | Lv. 43
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Ice Beam

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    Username: Porygon Z
    Game Name: Matthew
    Game Used: Black 2
    Team: Probopass, Carnivine, Hydreigon

I'm going to do some eggs in White 2 and then trading them to B2.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Today I finished after the badge checkpoint, preparing to take on Victory Road. I defeated Team Plasma at Dragonspiral Tower and at Relic Castle, then made my way to Route 8 to continue with the badge challenge. I defeated Bianca, traveled through the Tubeline Bridge and Route 9 then arrived at Opelucid City. I quickly made my way to the Gym and defeated Drayden by OHKOing his Fraxure and 2HKOing both his Druddigon and his Haxorus. Then I decided to grind my team to level 50 before continuing on Route 10. Once I did that I defeated Cheren and made my way through the badge checkpoint. My team right now:

Winston the Salamence
    Male | Lv. 51
    - Brick Break
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Fly

Julia the Froslass
    Female | Lv. 51
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Ice Beam

O'Brien the Carracosta
    Male | Lv. 51
    - AncientPower
    - Crunch
    - Surf
    - Earthquake

EDIT: Yesterday I made my way through Victory Road, then went straight in to battle the Elite 4. I took on Marshal, then Shauntaul, then Caitlin, then Grimsley. I didn't really have much trouble getting through them. After that I went trough the whole plot with N's Castle. I caught Reshiram, then defeated N as well as Ghestis. Once again, nothing much to talk about those battles. After the credits, I started training my team up to battle the Elite 4, and this time, the Champion! Their levels when I stopped playing yesterday were all level 63.

EDIT2: Yesterday and today I managed to grind my Pokemon up to level 78 - one level above Alders's highest leveled Pokemon. Before challenging the Elite 4 again though, I decided to go ahead and do some of the last battles in the game before the E4: I defeated Cheren one last time and I just defeated Morimoto and Cynthia. My levels now are 78/79, so now I decided to even the levels out at 80 before the E4.

EDIT3:
    Spoiler:

Fin! My MVP would have to be Julia the Froslass!

Last edited:

atmmachine11

Jumping portals since 1997.
    Years
    You scared me when you said two hours.

Name: atmmachine11 or Aidan.
    Ingame Name: Socky
    Game: Emerald
    Chosen Team: Aron/Lairon/Aggron, Bagon/Shelgon/Salamence, Mudkip/Marshtomp/Swampert.

(Thats not cheating right ? Since I can just choose mudkip as my starter?)

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    Hiya! I'm just about to hit Opelucid City. I'm training two of my trio up to Lv. 55, to catch up a bit with Zweilous. I want Hydreigon so bad for the Pokèmon League!

EDIT: Pokèmon League has been reached. Grinded to Lv. 70 for any means necessary. Traded lots of shards, found some items, TMs, and taught some moves. Time to get serious!

EDIT 2: Pokèmon League successfully defeated. Now exploring the remainder of Unova, defeating some Legendaries, some strong Trainers, then I'll take on the League once again with Challenge Mode on.

EDIT 3: Killed all the Legendaries except White Kyurem (you gotta love it!), searched for some TMs, defeated Cynthia, Alder, Banjirou, and other stuff. Grinded up to Lv. 90 and defeated the Pokèmon League, with and without CHallenge Mode. I think I have completed the challenge. :)

@ Dragon Fang - Lv. 91
    - Dark Pulse
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Surf
    - Focus Blast

@ Soft Sand - Lv. 90
    - Earthquake
    - Thunderbolt
    - Stone Edge
    - Toxic

@ Blackglasses - Lv. 91
    - Crunch
    - Energy Ball
    - Return
    - Growth

HM Slaves:
    - Oshawott for Dig, Cut, Waterfall, Dive.
    - Pidove for Fly.
    - Electabuzz (trained with wild Pokèmon only 'til Lv. 30) for Flash and Strength.

Last edited:
    Back