• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen The TRUE story about MissingNo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissingChu

aka d3ad connection
Years
  • I have heard so many different storys about MissingNo. and M that i don't know which is true.Was it an old cut-out PKMN, or a glitch they found and called it missingno.?

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2004
    A glitch in the Pokemon game. If it was cut out, you'd think it wouldn't appear in the game! Plus you can see it only in one location (Cinnabar Island) and by only doing that special 'code' (talking to the old man in viridian... blah blah)

Years
  • The text "MISSINGNO." was probably put in the ROM as an error message saying that no Pok?mon could be found for the given value. The adding of 127 items to the sixth slot is probably the result of an instruction executed when this problem occurs.

Sleek

Eon Trainer
    Years
  • There are actually 256 slots for Pokemon. Missingno is the other 105. I'm just not sure whether or not that the Creators accidentally placed him in the game, so created a hard to find route to him, trying to hide him, or that is the games back-up slot. Also a back-up name.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2004
    ummm why would they need 256 slots? Then again having 7 bits would mean 128 slots and the next closest, 8 would fill 256 =P. But still they should have rendered the rest 105 inactive or inaccessible.

Mewstor

Legend Reality
    Years
  • I have an interestin theory. The other extra 105 blocks where supposed to the blocks for the next generation pokemon. (gold and silver pokemon) But in the making of the game they desided they wanted to release the game earlier and erased the other pokemon from it only leaving the empty sloths. After that they had plenty of time to think about and write the next games. The missingno. represent all the pokemon deleted from the game leaving only missingno. to replace them. The name missingno. comes from missing number. So missingno. is the missing numbers of the deleted pokemon. Maybe that's why there are also rumors of people seeing Marill (pikablu) and Togepi being in the games.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back