• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Twilight Saga

Cherry.

魔法の真実
Years
  • Introduction:
    Have you ever read the series of the Twilight Saga? :PP,

~ Twilight
    ~ New Moon
    ~ Eclipse
    ~ Breaking Dawn

Tell me, What do you think? Was it cool, epic, dramatic, awesome or emotional?. Feel free to post your opinions, comments, and discuss it over here! ^__^

Pre-Release History: ( The upcoming series of the Twilight Saga 5: Midnight Sun )
    ~ On August 28, 2008, Meyer halted the writing of Midnight Sun in response to the illegal leak of twelve chapters of the unfinished manuscript on the Internet. She stated, "If I tried to write Midnight Sun now, in my current frame of mind, James would probably win and all the Cullens would die, which wouldn't dovetail too well with the original story. In any case, I feel too sad about what has happened to continue working on Midnight Sun, and so it is on hold indefinitely.", She made the twelve-chaptered draft available on her website in fairness to her readers, now that the novel has been compromised before its intended publication date. Meyer also stated that she doesn't believe the manuscript was leaked with any malicious intent, and would not give any names, In a November 2008 interview, Meyer said that, "It's really complicated, because everyone now is in the driver's seat, where they can make judgment calls. [...] I do not feel alone with the manuscript. And I cannot write when I don't feel alone.". She said that her goal was to go for around two years without hearing about Midnight Sun, and she thought that she would begin working on the novel again once she was sure that "everyone's forgotten about it"https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_Sun_(novel)#cite_note-ewinterview-4

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    The first book was poorly written and unoriginal, equivalent to the quality of many fanfics I've read over the interwebz. Also quite the fail take on vampires, imo. I can't bring myself to read the rest of the series.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    The first book was poorly written and unoriginal, equivalent to the quality of many fanfics I've read over the interwebz. Also quite the fail take on vampires, imo. I can't bring myself to read the rest of the series.

Exactly what i did, read the first one. Threw it away and moved onto something else.
    The movie was even worse >_>

It's an awful series.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I have not seen the movie or read the books but people at my school talk about it all the time. To me it looks weird.

KUROXFAI

in ure brain
    Years
  • I have read all the books and i hated every one of them, Dont even bother asking y i continued to read them it was because i have the habit of if i read a book and its in a series i automatically read the next book even if the first made me vomit. And did u notice that it's almost an exact spin-off from Vampire Knight???

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • I apologize if my comment may seem off-topic, but can I figuratively pull you aside and advise you not discuss something extremely popular in culture with people (including me) who have a serious case of "it's popular so it sucks" syndrome? Backlash will ensue, but alas, I'm too late...

I haven't read the books, but most people (and by people, I mean 17 year-old girls) I've asked about it seem to agree that the books were great because Edward Cullen was so desirable, but the movie ruined it by casting the troll that is Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen. (He. Doesn't. Shower. Yet he is inexplicably desired by so many girls it's not even funny.)

Personally, I find that the sheer amount of ignorant wackjobs that are the series' fanbase drive the series straight into the ground, as I tend to think with overly (inexplicably to some extent; certainly in the case of Twilight) popular series.

It is a fad in culture: It's today's obsession, tomorrow's regret. You will become a part of this in due time, and the world will have moved on to its next fad.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I havent read it but I know the entire story between my mother and friends. I dont even have to read it now.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • I flicked through a copy of the first book whilst in my local bookstore, and had to put it down because I just didn't like the way it was written. Agreeing with what's been said already- it reminded me of a few of the bad fan fics I'd read online, and that was just from a few pages...

But of course, that's just my opinion. XD

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • My friend forced me into reading all the books. I read the first one because she wanted me to and because I liked vampire books. But, I probably would have stopped after the first if she hadn't nagged me into finishing the series. I was a fan of vampire books and Twilight was just not a good vampire book. The movie was just horrible. O_O The actors especially.

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • I quite like the books and can't wait for New Moon. The only disappointing thing was BD's ending (Won't spoil).

I reckon I'm one of the very few males that like it though >.> (I hope not XD)

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • I quite like the books and can't wait for New Moon. The only disappointing thing was BD's ending (Won't spoil).

I reckon I'm one of the very few males that like it though >.> (I hope not XD)

no, you're not the only one.

frankly, at first i was put off because of how much i heard the fans were so hardcore about the book, there is a website somewhere where it gathers all that information and puts it up, about how some twilight fans (especially young girls) would attack other young kids for saying "don't like twilight"

Somehow, I read all four, own the movie, planning to go see the midnight release of new moon. and yes, Team Jacob.
    The Twilight Saga

.Wolfie-kun.

The Raggedy Doctor
    Years
  • Yay I'm not alone :3 XD

I'm odd XD I love wolves, werewolves and so on but I'm Team Edward since I don't like Jacob THAT much. Not when he's around Bella anyways XD;

Vampires FTW

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • Somehow, I read all four, own the movie, planning to go see the midnight release of new moon. and yes, Team Jacob.
    At least you're Team Jacob. *thumbs up* He's the only thing I like about the movie and the books. :P

Yay I'm not alone :3 XD

I'm odd XD I love wolves, werewolves and so on but I'm Team Edward since I don't like Jacob THAT much. Not when he's around Bella anyways XD;

Vampires FTW
    It's completely opposite for me. I love vampires and everything about them, but didn't like any of them in this series, so werewolves FTW. xD

Chelc

Years
  • Yeah, I've read Twilight and have seen the movie. I'm not too big on it anymore (actually, I guess you could say I'm not interested in it anymore, because I'm really not), but I was really into it last year. My favorite book was New Moon, my favorite character was Alice, and I was Team Edward. :)

I recognize that it's not the greatest series, or written very well, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I just think that most of the girls that like that serious just talks about how how Edward and Jacob is and neglect to tell me what the series is about, but I can't stand that series it looks and sounds stupid. I saw the movie and I know in November I'm going to be dragged again to see that New Moon garbage

:t354:TG

Back