• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Catcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briggsby

A learned trainer
Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2008
    Okay maybe this is a stupid question and is impossible, if not I'll just have to settle with Gallade with Mean Look, Hypnosis and False Swipe, but anyway:

This is what I'm wondering, is there any pokemon that in any way could come to have these four moves, and perhaps as a bonus high attack (:P):

Mean Look

Hypnosis/other sleep move

False Swipe

Odor Sleuth/Foresight (so it can hit all pokemon)

I know that breeded so it gets mean look as an egg move gallade can have the first three, but it cannot learn foresight or odor sleuth, any chances of a pokemon managing this amazing combonation of moves?

If the odor sleuth cannot be done a replacement with a healing move(e.g refresh etc.) would I suppose be almost as good.

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • hmmmm, i know that Mightyena can learn Mean Look and Odor Sleuth, but unsure on hypnosis...

It would be good though, and unsure of False Swipe, but maybe...

~M51

Check on Yanmega and Absol also, they may be able to. I know yanmega can learn Hypnosis and forsight, and Absol can learn mean Look, odur Slueth, False Swipe, but unsure on hypnosis...

~M51

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2008
    I use Parasect with Spore (sooo much better than Hypnosis) and False Swipe. Mean Look is only relevant at all against Mesprit and Cresselia, and Foresight is only relevant against Ghosts.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • I use my Box Altaria generally as my catcher. Sing + False Swipe is good, plus it has a lot of resists from the Dragon type. Super Fang is on my Pick Up Pachirisu as a back-up safe damager.

Smeargle can learn all four of those moves you are after. If you're willing to try it, could be extremely useful (fix it at L50 to use Repels for Cresselia/Mesprit)

Briggsby

A learned trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2008
    Ah this is something I couldn't understand, how do you get smeargle the moves you want, I was always curious about this, because they usually have quitet low speed thus go AFTEER the enemy so how do you get it the moves you want?

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Smeargle learns moves by using Sketch. It learns Sketch at L1, then every 10 levels (L11, L21, etc). To Sketch a move, the easiest way is to have a faster Pokemon in your team use the move in a double battle.

Say for example you wanted Mean Look, and you had a Golbat with the move, get rid of all but one of the opponent's Pokemon first to give Smeargle a chance to survive, then have it use Mean Look, and in the same turn have Smeargle use Sketch on Golbat. He would permanently learn Mean Look, and you can do the same for the other moves he needs. Encore is also a useful tool for getting Smeargle to learn moves, since you can force the opponent to use the move you need then Sketch it that way.

Briggsby

A learned trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2008
    THank you so much, all of this has helped so much, the smeargle one was the answer so thanks loads, but the spore also reminded me loads....come to think of it I think I actually had a smeargle with moves alike those on my emerald....I could have just transferred it over but it got stolen with my fire red..... and both of them were completed :(

Either way thanks loads...this should be no problem to do once I've got the poke radar, thank you so much!

Last edited:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    in my opinion an 'ultimate catcher' isnt needed, i caught every legendry without usin a masterball or any particular technique. Any poke with the followin things will do:
    Status inducin move
    Strong move, regularly effective
    Weak move, not very effective

best of all is if the pokemon u want is resistant to ice beam, just hit them till they freeze :)

Iceman3k

Kickin' it Tribal GO Style
    Years
  • Breloom with spore/false swipe is teh awesomeness.
    Especially if you level it to like, 80. Not to mention he's the strongest False Swiper (130 Base Attack is nothing to scoff at).

EDIT: now you're making me want to raise a False Swipe Breloom :(

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • You realize this thread is like three months old. O_o; Just going to close this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back