• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The ultimate Chansey/Blissey!!!

Years
    I know that Chansey and Blissey are FR/LG Pokemon, but my ultimate Blissey who can actually attack is on my Emerald, where I taught it the ultimate moveset by the old ladies in the Battle Frontier. It knows:

Counter (low defense+high HP=x_x)
    Softboiled (Counter+recovery=AAAAAAAAAUGH!!!)
    Seismic Toss (Attack doesn't make any difference to damage)
    Psychic (To kill of some Hariyama with Extrasensory and element punches)

It is brilliant! If you attack special attack, you do practically nothing to Blissey whilst it kills you off with Seismic Toss! If you use a physical attack and you don't get a one-hit kill, you die by Blissey's Counter. Softboiled just keeps it in the fight to cause more suffering. Psychic is just... there.

The point is, does anyone else have a good Chansey/Blissey strategy?

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    HoundoomOfTheDarkness said:
    I know that Chansey and Blissey are FR/LG Pokemon, but my ultimate Blissey who can actually attack is on my Emerald, where I taught it the ultimate moveset by the old ladies in the Battle Frontier. It knows:

Counter (low defense+high HP=x_x)
    Softboiled (Counter+recovery=AAAAAAAAAUGH!!!)
    Seismic Toss (Attack doesn't make any difference to damage)
    Psychic (To kill of some Hariyama with Extrasensory and element punches)

It is brilliant! If you attack special attack, you do practically nothing to Blissey whilst it kills you off with Seismic Toss! If you use a physical attack and you don't get a one-hit kill, you die by Blissey's Counter. Softboiled just keeps it in the fight to cause more suffering. Psychic is just... there.

The point is, does anyone else have a good Chansey/Blissey strategy?

That is really bad. Bliss should only use one Special attack ever and that is Ice Beam. I will show you a proper Blissey:

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers ** Whore
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Aromatherapy
    - Seismic Toss
    - Softboiled
    - Thunder Wave / Ice Beam

That is a good Blissey.

Years
    Blissey should have Ice Beam?... I'm sorry, but, no. I'm never lucky enough to get someone frozen, so why bother Ice Beam? Why not Flamethrower or Thunderbolt? And it really doesn't need Wish, I mean, it would help, but I haven't had any problems so far with Softboiled. And Mullet, what is the point of Aromatherapy when it has Natural Cure if it isn't for Double Battles, and it isn't, and again, if you aren't lucky, what is the point of Ice Beam? And your sig hurts my feelings. And has horrible ASCII art. My Blissey has defense for offense, that's all. Sorry I posted it in the wrong board. And I know it is very predictable, and yet it still is not very easy to beat. One true weakness: something with Counter and Imprison.

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    Dont be foolish.
    Have u ever heard abt dugtrio and its oh so wonderful 'arena trap'?
    That my friend, is why we use ice beam..

Aromatherapy heals the ENTIRE team...even in a 1vs1 battle making bliss a handy support pokemon.

And it really doesn't need Wish, I mean, it would help, but I haven't had any problems so far with Softboiled

U wish, they attack, u counter, then u get healed.
    Whats not to like? Far more efficient that softboiling after the counter.Not to mention u can pass the wish to a team mate.

I'm not surprised u'd make such a post..Ur fighting the ever so stupid AI after all.
    I will commend u in saying that ur moveset is at least workable [sans psychic] which is more than most ingame movesets that come our way.

Chriz

Why are you staring at me?
    Years
    I'd say…

1) Wish
    2) Counter
    3) Ice Beam
    4) Psychic

It does depend on battling style. it also depends on what you are fighting. Personally I wouldn't use Chansey or Blissey. There are better normal type pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2006
    Well, the normal moveset was posted by Mullet. I kinda use that Blissey too in NB. I use the T-Wave one. IB can be quite useful if you ask me. Not to mention those Salamence coming out. Rather than letting in one DD, my as well just zap it with IB. Don't forget, it may result in OHKO.

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Key point is, Blissey does not use PSychic, as any Fighting types will OHKO and will NOT be OHKOd by Blissey's Psychic anyway. Psychic is really only useful with STAB.

Also note that Counterbliss is the not the ultimate blissey, as there are some attacks that will KO right of the bat, and then there's the fact that counter takes up a space that Blissey would usually need to be an effective Special Wall, in this case Aromatherapy.

Not to say that Counterblissey is bad, however.

Years
    I never said counterblissey was the ultimate Blissey. And I see the point now of Wish. And the "ever so stupid AI" aren't as stupid once you're halfway to the Gold Symbol in the Battle Frontier. Maybe I should replace Psychic with Reflect to ensure that Fighting types don't OHKO. Then I can Counter them! And maybe I should train a Shuckle. With Toxic. Endurance Pokemon are the best for the Battle Pyramid.

Years
    Good point, Ice Demon, and Brick Break would destroy reflect anyway. I sometimes gamble against fighting types with Blissey. Either Blissey dies by its low defense, or they die by Counter. Or neither if it is the always at least somewhat stupid AI and the use an element punch. I never said they were ever brilliant, did I? (Hates AI Rhydon for killing Latias with Megahorn, thereby ending winning streak. Rhydon's stupider than the AI. Killing all Rhydons.)

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    Blissey should have Ice Beam?... I'm sorry, but, no. I'm never lucky enough to get someone frozen, so why bother Ice Beam? Why not Flamethrower or Thunderbolt? And it really doesn't need Wish, I mean, it would help, but I haven't had any problems so far with Softboiled. And Mullet, what is the point of Aromatherapy when it has Natural Cure if it isn't for Double Battles, and it isn't, and again, if you aren't lucky, what is the point of Ice Beam? And your sig hurts my feelings. And has horrible ASCII art. My Blissey has defense for offense, that's all. Sorry I posted it in the wrong board. And I know it is very predictable, and yet it still is not very easy to beat. One true weakness: something with Counter and Imprison.

My sig is cool. It's just a joke anyway dude. That was way offtopic anyway.

Honestly with the set you posted you shouldn't question me. I know what I'm talking about.

Years
    Okay... sorry. Actually, I laughed at your sig. And then it hurt my feelings. But, really, since even Blissey's Sp. Attack isn't that good, we should all just lose all ordinary attack moves. Otherwise, Blissey will just have sucky space-filler moves.

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    Okay... sorry. Actually, I laughed at your sig. And then it hurt my feelings. But, really, since even Blissey's Sp. Attack isn't that good, we should all just lose all ordinary attack moves. Otherwise, Blissey will just have sucky space-filler moves.

Why would anyone use Physical attack moves on a Blissey? Her attack is horrible.

Ice demon

All purpose cleaner ^^
    Years
    Initially, IB was used to specifically counter Mcgar, which was designed to rape skarmbliss.... Consequently, it helps against sala and dugtrio..Something neither psychic [ur not going to OHKO any fighter with it],thunderbolt [sesmic toss is more useful] nor flamethrower [once again, sesmic toss is more useful and its not like ur going to survive metagross anyway] can claim.
    Thats why we use IB on bliss and IB alone.

Chriz

Why are you staring at me?
    Years
    I guess I just like colorless pokemon with high special attack. Normally I would never use counter on a colorless pokemon too. I also personally like Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green because on it you can teach pokemon moves they can't learn in Sapphire and Ruby. One also needs to battle their friends to find really good movesets because the AI suck.

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    Ice beam works out with Blissey, but she is mainly meant to be a Cleric and nothing more. Blissey isn't the kind of Pokemon you'd expect to take down Machamp.

Back