• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Poll] The ultimate fire/fighting starter

Best fire/fighting starter?

• Blaziken

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Infernape

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Emboar

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • Been a little while since we last had a poll!

There are a total of 3 fire/fighting final starter forms in the series. Some other fire starters could have easily passed for dual fire/fighting as well (Incineroar and Cinderace), but were instead made fire/dark and fire respectively!

blaziken-f.png
    infernape.png
    emboar.png

Which do you like the most?

Years
  • Blaziken, no second thought. By far the best.
    I can't stand Infernape's entire line.
    Emboar's line is okay, neither great nor bad.

Years
  • I faced Infernape the most since I always chose Torterra in DPPt lol, so I'mma go with them purely for familiarity~

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    You might as well add Incineroar to the poll too. It's not a fighting type but it sure as hell is coded to be one lol.

I'm gonna have to go with the big fire chicken.

Years
  • You might as well add Incineroar to the poll too. It's not a fighting type but it sure as hell is coded to be one lol.

I'm gonna have to go with the big fire chicken.

lol I honestly still can't believe they didn't make it into fire/fighting, it fits so well. I guess they didn't want too many of the starters to have that typing/were concerned about fan reception? But yes, it's always fire/fighting in my heart. :3c

I actually think I lean Emboar lately. Blaziken is okay and Infernape is very meh. Used to think Emboar is extremely meh as well but I'm more neutral on it nowadays - plus I love BW. Guess I'll tack on a vote for it for once!

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Blaziken! My first ever fully evolved starter, and still the greatest Fire/Fighting starter. You can't beat the original.

(That said, I love Incineroar better than any of these precisely because it's not Fire/Fighting. It's a Heel - of course it's supposed to get beaten by Fighting-types! The Dark typing fits perfectly! The one I'd have much preferred to be part Fighting is Cinderace, just so it could get STAB on all those kick-based moves.)

Years
  • Incineroar I get...
    but I don't see how Cinderace would be a fighting type though... it's a fiery football bunny. Footbal = Fighting how? =o
    If anything I think it could've been Fire/Normal.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Associates boxing, wrestling, and martial arts with (competitive) sports. Stuck a lot of kicking-based moves in Fighting too. Suits a soccer player.

Cares for none of these Pokemon, honestly. Made all of these quite human-like. Favors the primate overall for that reason.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Easily Blaziken. I loved using it in Hoenn and it's one of my all time favorite starters. Infernape is very whatever to me and I don't like Emboar at all.

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
  • Infernape looks really cool. Never used one, but in my opinion is the coolest Fire/Fighting type. Also, I think that Blaziken looks a bit weird, considering it's a chicken, it just… doesn't look like one. And Emboar…..
    We don't talk about Emboar.

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
  • Incineroar I get...
    but I don't see how Cinderace would be a fighting type though... it's a fiery football bunny. Footbal = Fighting how? =o
    If anything I think it could've been Fire/Normal.

For me, Cinderace was kinda of a wasted opportunity to make a Fire/Electric starter. Like, look at this:

XI3pNNV.jpg

This could've been him

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    1. Blaziken
    2. Emboar
    3. Infernape

I like all the starters, but Torchic was my first, is the original FireFighter, and I always thought Blaze Kick was really cool. Emboar might be recency bias, I'm currently using one when previously I hadn't since 2011 starting over Black after my first go in order to get a Victini but not use it. His stats are interesting, as is his incredibly varied movepool - he gets 6 types via level-up, 12 total with 11 of them having damaging attacks including all 3 starter types. But he's slow and has fragile defences so often struggles to use them...so they gave him a great HP stat to help tank the hits...then give him Head Smash and Flare Blitz so his 1v1s against any non-STAB move usually end in him fainting the opponent and then himself.
    Infernape just seemed far too similar to Blaziken, right down to how both lines evolve into Fighting-types to help you get past the Rock gym. I like the designs (Monferno in particular), but by making him faster and slightly less hard-hitting Infernape kicked Blaziken out of OU at a time when I battled competitively too, which was rude.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Infernape so far. I like its design, and it's a very versatile Pokémon with access to a great move pool. It learns so much cool stuff that it's hard to choose what moves to teach it because there's a lot of viable move sets.

Blaziken's look never convinced me, I think its design should have been more bird and less anthropoid (I guess that's why I like Combusken a lot more), and I didn't like when it got its mega either.

I didn't give Emboar a chance yet, but it does have a very interesting move pool and I like its design so I might give it a try in a future playthrough.

As for Cinderace, it's just a bizarre football bunny who ignites rocks and kicks them like balls, Fighting types are typically either based on martial arts or brute physical force. Incineroar is some kind of street fighter who uses aggressive and dirty tactics, and that's supposedly why it's "Dark", since the Dark type is a mistranslation and has practically nothing to do with darkness, it's more like the "Dirty" type.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Always liked Infernape best of the three. Blaziken is...okay, but if I were to play a Hoenn game, I'd pick Treecko over Torchic any day. And Emboar is...eh. I've always found it to be a disappointing Pokemon. =/ It was stale after awhile getting three in a row.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Infernape is ugly. Anything monkeys are meh. I don't get why people like them so much despite the lack of Fire types I won't even use him and always chose Torterra and Empoleon over him any day any time.

Blaziken whilst being last in my starters in Hoenn, I have no qualm using any of them three. Emboar is just a roasted pig and you see that every year whole on the plate praying to heaven (Chinese Hokkien's culture) and I absolutely hate pigs to an extend as well.

Mario60866

Banned
    Years
  • Although I love Mudkip and its evolution line above most other starters, I think Blaziken is the best of the fire fighting starters. I mean, I originally wanted Torchic to be my Hoenn starter but when I saw May get sprayed by the Mudkip I was thinking"I think I would love to be sprayed by a Mudkip!" and so Mudkip is my Hoenn starter.

I still love Blaziken. I still like Infernape and Emboar quite a ton but Blaziken is the coolest fire-fighiting starter. Especially in competitive battling where it's actually Uber!

Back