• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Okay I know it has been awhile but can i revive my electric mono challenge and just restart my firered game. and can i just post screenshots as updates along with a short caption. Thank you!

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Its been a while since I have been on PC, but since last, I have finished Platinum in my ultimate mono-type, and I am going to start on Black. I do not have X or Y and probably wont for a while so Black will be it for me.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
I beat gym 7 with just my weepinbell and tentacruel (lvl 30)
On to the next 1

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
I'll sign up for a Dragon Ultimate Monotype:

Username: dave88
Type: Dragon
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): FR, SS, R (may change), P, B2, Y

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Ultimate Water Monotype Challenge: Silver Version
3/16

After leaving Violet City, I caught myself a Wooper as soon as possible (Which was that night because Wooper is night only in this game). By the time I reached Azeala Town I was thinking about what I wanted for the rest of my team. As things stand I probably won't have a way to trade between games, but if I can I'll try to get Slowking. Otherwise Slowpoke has joined my team yay! Kicked Team Rocket out of a well and destroyed Bugsy. Used a Curse set up to do it. I then had to grind Cajun to evolve before I could beat my rival.

I then proceeded through Ilex Forest, where nothing happened. In Goldenrod city I bought a ton of Lemonade, as I always do, and cleared out the underground. Whitney was pretty easy, just used the same strategy as I used on Bugsy. My Slowpoke is nice, Croconaw has bad physical moves, and Wooper is amazing.

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2018
I just got an R4i for my 3DS, so I started to play Black 2 Randomized as part of my Ultimate Fire Monotype! And it was REALLY exciting!! (click Spoiler to see why!)

Ultimate Randomized Monotype Challenge Fire (Black 2)

Update #1

Spoiler:

My team after the third badge (the nicknames might be confusing, but I like giving my Pokes nicknames that are alliterations of their german name ^^):

Spoiler:

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
LG Fighting SMC Update #5
Spoiler:

Years
Fire Red Electric Monotype Challenge Log

Update 1:

I started game on 12-8-13. Named player John and rival Toru.
I chose Charmader as starter for a Fly HM slave later in game.
I saved my progress in Viridian City at the Poke Center.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2013
I know I'm not officially on the participants list yet, but I'm far enough in that I figure I had better go ahead and update.

Ultimate Dragon Monotype Log #1:

• Decided to start my run in Kanto on my FireRed
  • Chose my usual name of DAVE and named my rival Grandma
  • Chose Bulbasaur as my starter and lost to my rival
  • Caught a Pidgey to eventually use as an HM Slave for Fly
  • Traded off Bulbasaur for a newly bred Dratini named RED since none are available before the Vermilion Gym
  • Made my way to Pewter City, marveling at how fast RED was leveling because of the boosted EXP (unfortunately, Eggs can't be traded on to FireRed)
  • RED started to disobey in the Gym Battle, but I still managed to win
  • Realized Red wouldn't obey until I got the Cerulean Gym Badge
  • Made my way through Mt. Moon to Cerulean mostly avoiding trainers
  • I figured to prepare for the Gym I would complete the Nugget Bridge quest first
  • RED was being a turd, so I couldn't beat my rival
  • I trained Red to level 22 on wild Pokemon so he would learn Dragon Rage
  • Beat my rival and went all the way to Bill's house battling trainers
  • Beat Cerulean Gym
  • Went to Vermilion City
  • Unfortunately, RED leveled past 30 and evolved during the Rival Battle aboard the St. Anne, causing him to be disobedient again, so I decided to train for Surge on all the ship's occupants
  • Caught Diglett as a cut Slave and beat Surge despite RED's disobedience
  • Made my way through Diglett's Cave to get HM Flash
  • Met up with the Aide to get Flash, but I didn't have enough Pokedex entries, so I realized I would have to go and catch some Pokemon
And that's where I decided to take a break. So far the challenge has been pretty rough with my only fighter refusing to obey. I can't wait to get to Celadon and get another Dratini.

Current Team:
RED (Female)
Dragonair Lv. 36
Bashful Nature
Spr_3f_148.png

Last edited:
Years
Fire Red Electric Monotype Challenge Log

Update 2:

Caught "Pika" the pikachu at level 3.
Boxed Charmander
Leveled Pika to level 4

(Sorry for the lack of content for these first 2 updates I don't got much time for this game right now.)

Can I hack in some rare candies so I can have charmander become charizard he will not be used in battle just as a HM slave.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
Haven't worked on my fire or water runs at all, but I did get a little done in my grass run in Emerald. Just a little, though. Most notably, my Seedot evolved into Nuzleaf, and I defeated all the trainers in Mauville's gym except for Wattson. I'll try fighting him later in the evening, but I'm going to have to do a lot of training with Nuzleaf and Oddish first.

----

Current team

286MS.png
BETTY (f) lv 25
Giga Drain, Headbutt, Stun Spore, Mach Punch

253MS.png
NATE (m) lv 23
Pound, Pursuit, Absorb, Quick Attack

043MS.png
HELEN (f) lv 20
Absorb, Stun Spore, Cut, Poisonpowder

274MS.png
LAURA (f) lv 15
Bide, Harden, Growth, Nature Power

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
I have defeated the 8th gym in Soul Silver.
I only had really used Tentacruel... i'd PoisonJab them and they'd fall over for pretty much all of them. PoisonJab is apparently OverPowered. (oh well :))
current lineup:
Bulbz (Victreebel) lvl 38
Stampers (Nidoking) lvl 38
Tentacruel lvl 39
StinkyFist (Toxicroak) lvl 39
LilNipz (Crobat) lvl 39
Gengar lvl 40

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Think i'll be in hiatus for a couple of days, maybe until next wednsdau on this particular challange. I have a history test summing the 1st school sememster so i need to know everything perfectly. Will come back later.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
Been on a Pokemon Hiatus for a while, been concentrating on Pokemon Y, then The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, but now I can get back my Monotype Challenge:
Ultimate Dark Monotype Challenge Sinnoh Chapter Update
-Began my Pokemon Platinum game with the Male Character named JlyRg25
-Choose Turtwig as my starter, which is what I'm gonna have to deal with for a while as my first potential Dark type pokemon is Eevee, and thats right before the third badge.
-Turtwig evolved into Grotle
-Defeated Leader
VSRoark.png
Roark, Obtained(couldnt find a small picture)Coal Badge
-Moved on to the north to get my second gym badge...
Party:
TEMP
Grotle
388.png

TEMP

Blaki'

I wonder what's for dinner :3
Years
I already start a Ultimate Monotype Challenge, so it's time to register :

Username: Blaki'
Type: Normal
Challenge: Ultimate
Game(s): LeafGreen -> Heartgold -> Emerald -> Platinum -> Black 2

And at the same time, an update =D
I can't post any pictures, so yeah :<

I just defeated Erika, after catching all the pokémon I wanted for my team :

Chen the Naive Persian, level 40
- Cut
- Water Pulse
- Pay Day
- Faint Attack

Stella the Careful Clefairy, level 34
- Cosmic Power
- Metronome
- Mega Punch
- Sing

Jacek the Quiet Raticate, level 33
- Hyper Fang
- Pursuit
- Quick Attack
- Tail Whip

Suika the Sassy Snorlax, level 34
- Body Slam
- Rest
- Headbutt
- Yawn

Coffe the Rash Tauros, level 33
- Horn Attack
- Scary Face
- Pursuit
- Swagger

aaaaAAAA the Hardy Chansey, level 26
- Refresh
- Minimize
- Softboiled
- Double Slap

It took quite some time to find and catch a Chansey, but there she is, and even have Serene Grace, so I can abuse Ice Beam and Thunder =)

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
So is this where I'd put my monotype teams? I have teams of all 18 types but I use them solely for the Pokemon Showdown battle simulator and not the actual games. I have legendaries and pseudo-legendaries on some of my teams, so I am not sure if that would be an issue or not.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2024
I successfully beat the first round of the E4.
aoxtme.jpg

And yes, I am playing on the Original Fat Nintendo DS lol...
I had no troubles until Lance where i had to use several revives just to overcome him...
Nitoking was my anti-dragon with his Dragon Pulse move that i got from a TM from somewhere (i don't remember where)
Bulbz (Victreebel) lvl 41
Stampers (Nidoking) lvl 41
Tentacruel lvl 43
StinkyFist (Toxicroak) lvl 42
LilNipz (Crobat) lvl 41
Gengar lvl 43

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Updated through Post #2700. Something special happens in 5 days!

So is this where I'd put my monotype teams? I have teams of all 18 types but I use them solely for the Pokemon Showdown battle simulator and not the actual games. I have legendaries and pseudo-legendaries on some of my teams, so I am not sure if that would be an issue or not.
Teams belong somewhere in the Competitive Battling forum. This is a challenge, a play through of a Pokemon game with self imposed rules. In this case, playing the game with a team which shares a single type.

I already completed a fire run in X for an Ultimate Monotype thread on another site, but that thread's rules allowed event downloads, Exp. Share, and Mega Evolution, so I took advantage of all of them. Am I allowed to count it?
No, you can't count that, sorry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back