• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Pokemon Game

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2012
    With news of B2 and W2 storming all Pokemon forums, it's no surprise that all Pokemon-lovers are excited. But, what if this is the last game that Gamefreak decides to make for Pokemon? I mean, after 5 regions, I'm pretty sure the creativity of the Pokemon is slowly fading. With that being said, do you think Nintendo, Pokemon, and Gamefreak have milked the last set of Pokemon for what they're worth? Why or why not?

That being besides the point, I'm just curious to see how many of you would enjoy a giant finale, that almost sums up all of the Pokemon games, in to one. Meaning, would you consider spending big bucks on a game that allowed you to play through all 5 regions, and get all 40 badges, and so on? Why or why not?

I know there are a lot of problems with that idea, but a guy can dream!!

~D

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    I honestly would buy that game. Maybe it'd be a bit too much, but I'd still play it. The only problem I see with that is that, after 2-3 regions, all of your Pokemon should be level 100... making the rest of the game pretty easy and boring.

Still, a game with at least 3 regions would be awesome!

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2013
    I highly doubt this is the end of Pokemon. When Gen 3 came out, people thought it was the end, but it wasn't, and people were SURE Gen 4 was the end, but it wasn't either. With Pokemon being Nintendo's 2nd biggest franchise, I don't see them ending it anytime soon. Mario has been going for much longer and shows no sign of stopping either. Not to mention plenty of other franchises outside of Nintendo that have been around forever and are still going.

The idea that Game Freak will eventually run out of ideas is also flawed, as they can always hire new people to get ideas from. Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh were all based on locations in Japan, while Unova was based on New York City, so they have plenty of places to based the regions on left. And there are only 649 Pokemon, as compared to the countless creatures that live in the real world, as well as legends and myths they can use to create new Pokemon. (And supposedly, they keep a collection of Pokemon they've designed for potential use in future games, so while only 649 of them are official, there's no telling how many creatures they actually have ready to be introduced.)

And in terms of business, if Game Freak wants to continue making money, they'll keep making games. The games still sell like crazy, so it's not like they're losing money and should consider shutting down.

Now, could it end? Of course, anything can happen and everything must end eventually, but is it likely or are there signs to say that is ending now? No.

And as for the "all regions" game, there are too many flaws with that idea to go threw with it. And remakes don't tend to sell well, so remaking all 5 Generations in one game may cost way too much and sell far too little (Considering it would probably be very expensive to buy.) It's one of those ideas that sounds better than it actually is. It would benefit the players (if it was cheap), but not Game Freak. And there really is no point in throwing 5 completely separate stories (6 considering Gen 5 has sequels) together into one game like that.

Back