• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ultimate Turnoff - What You Don't Want to See in a Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    I hate to see a hack thread where the hacker only wishes to be popular, well-known or to be respected as a great hacker.
    I also hate it when a hacker competes with another hacker.

Why can't everyone just hack for fun and for bringing a new game for everyone to enjoy?

Now, towards hacks, I don't like boring scripts.
    I hate to see misused tiles.
    I dislike to see promises got broken.
    Most of those hacks fail because the Hacker wants popularity and their heart isn't into it.

dracolord775

Lord of Darkness, I think...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    I absolutely HATE badly made fakemon, good looking ones are ok, preference to the originals though.

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    Ok.....

1. BAD GRAMMAR ( hai profesor oak can i hav a pokmon . ty dude no im gonna go on a advntr buy)

2.TILE ERRORS ( OMG I hate these! If you have a snowy theme the edge of the cliff should not have grass on them)

3. STUPID Fakemon (Like, every Fakemon is completly random, like a fire/bug type Dog)

4. Overpowered pokemon early (Umm... Agron in route 1????)

5.Bad sprites (So there shaded badly, look the same as another, but mabye a different jaket color)

6. Unrealistic charachter actions ( So your walking, then the champ of the elite 4 is like " let's go but the hell out of team WTF" randomly)

7. crummy storylines (once upan a tim thees ppl wer liek lets go syco nd kill every1 so they like did and u wer chosn 2 beet th crap ot ov them)

I could complain all day. but i won't for your sake!!!

Last edited:

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    Pretty much what the guy above said. except for 2 and 4. 2) There might be tiles that aren't inveted to fit, or they couldn't find the right tile. 4) Unless it's part of the story like if you started in a region after the elite four or if your pokemon is reasonably leveled close to the wild pokemon, I won't reallly mind.ANYWAY Here's my major list

1) Pls edit the story line. IT SUCKS. I hate storylines that are filled with bull. like "Team Rocket killed all the pokemon now it's up to you to bring all of the pokemon back by defeating team rocket and collecting all the gym badges!" Like, what does the gym badges have to do with anything? honestly... and team rocket killing all the pokemon? That sounds rather improbable
    impossible

2) Grammatical Errors, hands (feet, head, nose, ears, everything) down. Disgusting. Just plain disgusting. "RYE VULL: PRUH FEZZ ER OKE SEZ U CAN OWN LEE TAYK WUN POKEMON!!1!" or for the champion "Haha your winung streeck endz heer!!!!1" Sort of ruins the whole "FINAL BATTLE EVERY THING HAS TO BE EPIC" Theme...

3) Unrealism. Your rival saying stuff like "HAHA U SUCK I WILL PWN J00 *SHOOT SHOOT* HE HEE U R DED" or beautifully designed city with no background. Like a gorged city with meteors bombarded around the field, or patches of oversized puddles or tonnes of rocks and ledges everywhere but it seems totally unreasonable, unless there's a story behind it and you expect to find out as you progress, but in the end, all it talks about is how the legendarys in the title screen came in. Hate that. You're wondering how this world became the way it is, and then nothing.

4) fakemon. I hate them. I just hate them. They can't replace pokemon. The creators give them such an absurd look, no matter how well shaded and detailed it is, and it doesn't look like a pokemon at all..Some I can stand, but when it comes to the legendaries, they're often way over detailed and they could easily be mistaken for a third evolution.

5) Completely random and useless. example: *guy walks up to you* "You look weak... We'll see who's the best trainer in the world! and then he walks away and you never see him in the story again. WTF?!?!!1!//

6) Stupid rivals. This includes what they say, why they battle you, and how strong they are. Examples: FIRST BATTLE: "Hey you stupid kid. I heard you gots a pokemon. Let's battle and see who's the top trainer!" k. So you talk about how I got my pokemon. and then all of a sudden you want to be the best trainer ever with your level 5 chikorita? mhm...*sends out Lv.42 mew" O_O "WTF!?" and finally

7) Wild Pokemon Problems? Self-explanatory. Hey look a sign! "Magma Mountain. Watch out for fiery pokemon!" Okay! Let's walk in the grass! *WILD FERALIGATR*-_-

Last edited:

deadlyangel91792

Psn Id-Sirbagsalot
    Years
    hmmm wat kills a hack for me is when a script is crap and doesnt compel me to continue i love a great story also neat gamplay features like riding alternate things other than bikes is pretty sweet but I ABSOUTELEY HATE FAKEMON they are okay when typed but when drawn kike pokemon quar......i probably shouldnt say it........ but yea i really hate fakemon and bad scripting

Years
    Hmm, the ultimate turnoff for me would have to be Giratina or lucario being the main Pokemon. I think that they are really overrated and that people use them too much.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    Sorry for the people that couldn't read lol.

My computer was screwed. I thought it seemed like that only to me.. *edits*

Last edited:

maoh4567

that's what she said...
    Years
    well for me...

1. Storyline
    - I'm tired of seeing storylines that.. "You want to be a pokemon master so you get your starter in prof. lab / you get a starter then you decided to be a master w/ some evil team standing on your way..

2. Mapping
    - I dont like to see maps w/ so many unused space
    - so many tile errors
    - very squarish

3. Palettes and Sprite
    - i dont like palettes that so bright, it hurts my eyes
    - minor sprite changes
    - i dont like sprites w/ no shading

4. Fakemon
    - i dont like unattractive fakemon

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
    1) Bad Grammar/Spelling - It's truely annoying.
    2) Non edited Scripts. I hate all the games that basically have exactly the same scripts in exactly the same places.
    3) Unoriginal Maps. It hurts me when you can recognise a map from another game that's only been slightly changed.
    4) Bad Tiles. Leave the original ones alone, I hate cartoonish looking trees.

Years
    Bad grammar and spelling irks me the most by far. To me, nothing makes a hack look less professional than when it's crammed full of spelling errors, lack of punctuation and capitalization, and grammar errors.

I don't really have anything against Fakemon, but personally, I'd rather be playing with the real Pokemon. I realize though that the creators of Fakemon (for the most part) have put a lot of work into making their Fakemon unique.

Someone mentioned having to fight overpowered Pokemon early in the game. I have to agree that this is annoying, especially when you have to battle fully-evolved Pokemon that are way, way below their normal evolution levels. I was once playing a fairly decent hack, when I ran into a trainer very early on in the game that basically stopped me in my tracks with his team of powerhouses. The levels weren't the problem (my Pokemon were actually at higher levels than his) - it was the fact that they were fully evolved while my Pokemon were still in their lowest evolved forms. Not to mention that this trainer's Pokemon shouldn't have been even close to evolving at their current levels.

It also bothers me when the main playable characters aren't changed. Like a previous poster mentioned, it's kind of boring having to play as Brendan/May again - you've seen enough of him/her in the regular third generation games.

Last edited:

dinosaur77777hacks

pokemon hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    i hate the fact (i also hate this in the originals)

that you can just walk into someone's house without asking

this is what really shoud happen:

player:hi i've just walked into your house for no reason

person:aaahhh im phoning the police

player:wtf

person:ye hello , police yes i have someone breaking into my house.....yeah......ok.....
    (puts phone down) the police are on there way

(police enter the house)

policeman: your under arrest you prick

player:WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    i hate the fact (i also hate this in the originals)

that you can just walk into someone's house without asking

this is what really shoud happen:

player:hi i've just walked into your house for no reason

person:aaahhh im phoning the police

player:wtf

person:ye hello , police yes i have someone breaking into my house.....yeah......ok.....
    (puts phone down) the police are on there way

(police enter the house)

policeman: your under arrest you prick

player:WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

lol, I pretty much agree. But that's got to happen in the game or it'll be boring XD.

Years
    I have a few more things to add to my list:

-Excessive use of profanity. I find it degrades the hack as much, if not more, than bad spelling/grammar. With one exception – if the hack is intentionally targeted towards an adult audience, it's stated clearly when promoting the hack, and all other rules of spelling and grammar are obeyed, then it doesn't bother me as much. But when random profanity is inserted in a hack for no real reason, it really drives me up the wall.

-Legendary Pokemon as starters. What's the point of calling them legendary if you get them effortlessly at the beginning of the game? Also, I'd much rather play through the game with Pokemon that can grow and evolve, starting off weak but getting stronger with every level and evolution. Starting with ubers really isn't any fun.

-Lame storylines. No offense… but… I'd rather not play through another game where you're this kid leaving home to get their first Pokemon, and your goal is to beat 8 gyms and become the champion while saving the world from the obligatory evil team.
    On the other hand, it can go way too far in the other direction, the result being an overly-detailed and extremely complicated plot that the average reader would probably just skip over. I like the plotline to stay simple, but interesting and varied.

-D/P Pokemon in Advance Generation hacks are starting to seem a bit old.

-Hacks filled with inside jokes. Face it, the jokes aren't funny to anyone except to those actually inside the joke.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
    people that over write real pokemon for fakemon and don't over write ALL the extra spots that have the ?? pokemon in them.

People that over write normal pokemon for legendaries w/o over writing legendaries for normal pokemon. (ok 1 one way or the over won't hurt, but having all the d/p legendaries and not overwriting the ??s or other legendaries for them just upsets the balance of power in the games)

Pointless events that seem to be in there just so you can put legendaries in the story.

bad fakemon

fakemon (good or bad) that seem out of place

fakemon with unedited stats/moves/types/etc. from the pokemon they overwrote.

events that seem too similar to the event you just finished

unedited texts. (in ruby destiny rol in the city that is a hack of sootoplis by the cave of orgin one of the ladies still refered to hoenn) (it just bugs me)

too many events from the original game compared to the new events

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back