• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Underground

Did you like the Underground in DPPt?

• Yes!

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • No!

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Undecided!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only molepeople use the underground!

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • What did you think of the Underground in Sinnoh? Did you ever use it, and if so often?

I quite liked it - I found it very fun and a good timewaster even before I had beaten the main story. It was a good way to allow people to get items like the shards, fossils and evolution stones, as well as heart scales which also showed a lot of luvdisc died in the past!

The bases were alright too but the whole process to remove the rocks was a bit annoying and they weren't as enjoyable as RSE's bases. The capture the flag minigame was fun though, heh.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I haven't been down there in awhile, but I do remember spending plenty of time there looking for stuff and trying to outfit my secret base exactly the way I wanted to. I wasn't a big fan of the rocks either, and I do wish there was a feature where you could battle other players in their secret bases. I did prefer the variety of base decorations this time around though - I even have the massive GTS globe in mine :P

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • I used to love the underground, but now its lost its flair. Would love it if you could connect randomly on wifi, but alone its no fun at all :(. I do go down occasionally for a fossil or evolutionary stone, but that's it.

Aurielle

Warning : Choking Hazard.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    I spent a lot of time there today, actually. I usually only get thunderstones and skull fossils...

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • The Underground is for true spelunkers! I go down there for fossils and evolution stones, like FrostPheonix. However, I do agree that it should have random Wi-Fi connectivity. Building bases was fun too, as you could drill anywhere, make it your "secret" and get your friends to try and find it in the large expanse of tunnels!

Like trying to find a needle in a haystack!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I adored it, never got enough of the unlimited Heart Scales and shards, as hard as they were to find back then but it was worth it lol.

blackmorale

風の行方
    Years
  • I had so much fun going around and digging for shards, stones, etc. I've never tried playing with another player, though. :'C

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2012
    The underground was my favorite addition to the fourth generation. Not only did it let you play with your friends, but it also brought back the idea of the secret bases. Only this time, you had to make small checkpoints to clear your bases completely. For example, you had to meet so many people to get so many rocks cleared. Stuff like that. And burying the gems to grow them was an interesting concept as well. :)

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Yes, I enjoyed the underground a lot during a time. It was very fun at the beginning, and the concept is interesting.
    However, once you've gone all over it, it becomes boring. Now I never go back in the underground... This is so wearisome.

Future Arceus

I hate my name
    Years
  • I used to love the underground...I used to get a bunch of those move --> traps and set them up so when stepped on you'd go flying for a solid minute ^_^
    Free evo. stones and unlimited heart scales...need i say more! ^_^

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Underground? What underground? Some secret movement going on to topple the Pokemon government?!?!?

Anyway, I tried it once. Went down for like five minutes. But I found it a tad confusing and was too lazy to search the internet about it, so I gave up. And havent visited it since.

Years
  • I found the underground decent. On occassion I would go down there to find some fossils or Heart Scales, but that was about it. I never really bothered with the traps or spheres, and I didn't enjoy the Secret Bases as much as their R/S/E counterparts. If it weren't for the items, I probably wouldn't have even thought of trying it more than once.

8bitSilence

"I HAVE FURY!"
    Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Jan 26, 2013
    I didn't honestly like it too much. I thought the only decent part was when you dug up a good item, like a fossil or a Heart Scale.
    The idea of the spheres and traps wasn't great, in my opinion, and the hideouts weren't as cool as the Hoenn ones.
    I really only used it with my other DS to get a Spiritomb.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    I liked it okay. It got boring playing alone though. And I didn't really play with other players until near the end of my D/P/P career...
    I also didn't like how it was the only source of Heart Scales. Its so aggravating when you think you've got a free Heart Scale, and it literally comes crashing down on you. Showing some creepy girl in Mistraltion is much easier :]

I think I still have a crap ton of Jewels down there though. But who cares? They're valueless now.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I liked digging for the evolution stones and other stuff before the wall collapsed. I also liked the secret bases but the secret bases in R/S/E were loads better. I would definitely have liked wifi underground though. The underground would have been a lot more fun then. :)

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    I remember killing a lot of time in the Underground. I think I really enjoyed it at the time since it allowed me to hoard all sorts of items, regardless of how useless they may have been. Though I wouldn't really know how well it integrated the Secret Base system, since I never used that function.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Even though it's somewhat tedious to dig for fossils and evolutionary stones, I like the Underground regardless because digging stuff up is fun.

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
    Years
  • I liked the fact that I could get all sorts of stones and stuff so I can evolve whatever I want. However, I never used the Wireless part, mainly because I had no one to do it with :P

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I like its integration with the Move Tutors, in that most of the shards that are traded for moves can be found in the Underground. Currently I'm trying to get enough so that I can teach my future Weavile Ice Punch, and it's fun. It's certainly a good way to get people to keep going back to the Underground, given that it could come off as extremely gimmicky otherwise.

Back