• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Underground

Did you like the Underground in DPPt?

• Yes!

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • No!

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Undecided!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only molepeople use the underground!

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

Joshawott

Banned
Years
  • I loved the Underground! Whenever my brother and I would play through Diamond alongside each other we would always play in there together. I'd like to think I know all there is to know about that place now. :laugh:

On a more serious note, I felt there was a lot that could have been added to the Underground to enhance the experience and inspire more players to use it. For example, it would've been nice to find items other than treasures when digging or being able to do more things in secret bases. Minor complaints aside, I would love to see something similar to the Underground return in future installments of the series.

DLL

Years
  • I really liked the underground, I only really got to go down there on my own so I don't know if I would of enjoyed it even more if I'd had someone else there but yeh, I think it was a good thing to add in.
    I thought the traps were quite a nice little feature and I'm sure they would of been a bit more fun if you could use them with your friends. I do think it was a good idea though and it's something I wouldn't object to seeing again in future games.

Years
  • Haven't done it in so long, but I remember liking it a lot. It was a nice, new, fresh feature in the games. It kept me entertained when I was bored during the storyline.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I loved the fact that you could find precious items and swuch which proved useful on the surface, such as a means of exchange between movetutors, but all-in-all I was quite dissapointed. I hated the decorating system, especially with having only being bale to move a certain amount of large boulders; the decoration felt..so restricted.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I really did like it, and I spent a good amount of time there. But I didn't like how one of the trainer stars required you to get so many flags. I didn't know too many people who played, and a lot who did didn't use the Underground at all. I was never able to max out my trainer card because of that--but that's only partially blamed on the Underground.
    Still, mining for gems was a fun little mini-game and I hope to see more along those lines implemented in the future.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I really did like it, and I spent a good amount of time there. But I didn't like how one of the trainer stars required you to get so many flags. I didn't know too many people who played, and a lot who did didn't use the Underground at all. I was never able to max out my trainer card because of that--but that's only partially blamed on the Underground.
    Still, mining for gems was a fun little mini-game and I hope to see more along those lines implemented in the future.

Yeah, I agree. It's fun with a bunch of players, but with hardly any friends or players it's quite bland tbh; and one or two partner's simply isn't enough.

Cid

Years
  • I have not played much DPPt for a long while but I remember liking this feature enough to want it reintroduced, new and improved. Mining for items and fossils was fun! And I always liked how effective it was in being a time-waster, I mean there's not much to do in games like this that can break monotony, right?

Bases and a few other minigames weren't as enticing. Overall, I enjoyed it. :)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Mm, I wouldn't actually mind an improved version of this sometime in the future. It'd be interesting to see the improvements; if they could fix up the little negatives of the whole mini-game, I think it's turn into something quite great.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Yes, I enjoyed it. Did I play it as a time waster? Hell no. Why? Because I have a tendency to move on to other things :P No disrespect, but that's how I work.

Years
  • I spent more time down there then I would've liked. I needed those Heart Scales. :(

But yeah it was alright. I never got to get Spiritomb which pissed me off, but whatever. It was fun digging up spheres that you left down there for like a week haha.

Years
  • The underground was really cool; finding rare items, playing capture the flag with your friends and even setting traps for them.
    It was certainly very fun and interesting.

Mystical Mermaid

Resident Mermaid
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jul 22, 2012
    Despite its flaws, I found the Underground to be an entertaining distraction from the main game when you didn't feel like advancing the story or levelinng your 'Mons. The mining game is pretty addicting and fun to play, even if most of the time all you get is spheres and held items that you already have. Secret Bases were reinvinted from Generation 3 in a fun way, with the whole capture the flag element and traps. The only thing I didn't like was waiting for buried sphered to increase in value, as combining them was rather inneficient. Perhaps it could have been made a little more lively with wild Pokemon down there or something, but all in all I found it a nice addition to the game. I'm hoping it will make a return in a future generation.

Years
  • I liked the underground. A couple of years ago me and my friend would go to our after school program and we could bring our DS and we were trying to steal each others flags when we were doing something else (: I barely ever got away with her flag though! And sometimes she got mad when I kept stealing her flags so she blocked it with furniture and stuff lol.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I liked the Underground feature. It was a nice way to obtain the evolution stones and other good items such as the fossils! n_n Me and my friends would always race to see who would find the most items. I wish they'd bring it back in a later game. ):

Back