• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Unevolved Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2012
    What's up.

The aim of this challenge is too complete any of the main Pokemon games using only unevolved Pokemon.

Eg. Oshawott, Blitzle, Drillbur, Sewaddle, Sandile and Deerling.

Rules:

- No Hacking or cheating.
    - Must only use Pokemon at there lowest evolution stage.
    - Cannot use Pokemon with only 1 Form [Eg. Dunsparce]
    - If a Pokemon accidentally evolves, To bad. Release or keep that Pokemon in the box forever.
    - Catching of evolved Pokemon is disallowed
    - Use of Eviolite is not allowed. [Because I'm evil and want your Pokemon to die :)]

Challengers:

R/B/Y:
    Spoiler:

Ends at: Gary [Champion]

G/S/C:
    Spoiler:

Ends at: Red

R/S/E:
    Spoiler:

Ends at: Steven/Wallace (Depending on your game)

D/P/P:
    Spoiler:

Ends at: Cynthia

B/W:
    Spoiler:

Ends at: Alder

Please update your adventure here :) If you dont update after 1 month, I'll assume you've failed the challenge.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2012
    Update #1

- Started the game.
    - Picked Cyndaquil,
    - Completed all the standard beginning of the game stuff.
    - Caught a Sentret,
    - Tried to look for a Teddiursa in Dark Cave, I failed.
    - Abandoned Sentret,
    - Went back to Dark Cave to look some more.
    - Find a Dunsparce, I kill it.
    - Find another Dunspace, DAMMIT TEDDIURSA WHERE ARE YOU
    - I finally find a Teddiursa, I realise Cyndaquil is to strong, Luckily Sentret is still in my party. Then it Fled. WHY WORLD WHY.
    - I then give up my quest for a Teddiursa.
    - Sail through sprout tower with Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil learnt Ember and tried to Evolve.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2011
    You're welcome.
    And you forgot to add the ending points

I should suggest the normal ones only tho.

poke are poke

mischievous
    Years
  • i want pokemon gold but i still dont undrestand this some1 explain please

and also pokemon ruby yellow and red.....

and also pokemon ruby yellow and red..... and how you will you know if dudnt cheat?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2011
    SOrry for screwing you ,but a RBY challenge can finished without getting a badge.
    Just beat Gary at lab.You beart Gary,thus won the challenge.

But I know you meant

Beat E4 the first time

However on GSC(I'm sadistic) it should be Red or Blue
    and on Bw it should be Alder

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    i want pokemon gold but i still dont undrestand this some1 explain please

and also pokemon ruby yellow and red.....

and also pokemon ruby yellow and red..... and how you will you know if dudnt cheat?

YOu just play through the game without evolving your pokemons,not even once.Catching evolved ones is prohibited to,right?

Anyways,sign me up for Blue

EDIT:

Beat Misty

Team:

SQUIRTLE the Squirtle Lvl.29

Bite
    Tail Whip
    BubbleBeam
    Water Gun

Last edited:

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I've started this challenge already! I opened a thread for it last night, I didn't realise there was already one (apologies, mods, I did search but I guess I missed this one somehow).

Anyway, I'm playing in LeafGreen and have just reached Fuschia City and completed the Safari Zone with 4 badges under my belt. My team as of now:

Jerry (Squirtle)
    Spr_3f_007.png

Lvl. 35
    - Surf
    - Brick Break
    - Bite
    - Rain Dance
    A very good Pokemon, his STAB attacks are invaluable.

Rex (Rattata)
    Spr_3f_019.png

Lvl. 35
    - Hyper Fang
    - Super Fang
    - Pursuit
    - Quick Attack
    Was a great Pokemon in the early stages, but has become much less useful recently. Will be replaced with Porygon once I get enough coins.

Angelus (Doduo)
    Spr_3f_084.png

Lvl. 35
    - Peck
    - Fly
    - Pursuit
    - Tri Attack
    An awesome Pokemon, the speed is really useful. I do wish it had access to a wider variety of moves though.

Kirby (Pikachu)
    Spr_3f_025.png

Lvl. 36
    - Thunderbolt
    - Mega Kick
    - Dig
    - Thunder Wave
    Love this little guy and his speed. Moveset is solid too.

Eliza (Exeggcute)
    Spr_3f_102.png

Lvl. 25
    - Psychic
    - Leech Seed
    - Stun Spore
    - Giga Drain
    Just added to the line-up and not yet trained. Hopefully will be useful though.

Bertha (Rhyhorn)
    Spr_3f_111.png

Lvl. 26
    - Rock Slide
    - Dig
    - Strength
    - Scary Face
    Final member of the team. Again, not yet trained, nothing yet to say.

Gonna go grind the new guys and then head back to Saffron to oust the Rockets.

Years
  • I would like to join in this challenge and I'm going to use pokemon red as my game. I'll try and update after the first couple gyms

Edit

Well here is the first update

Started Challenge
    -Named character Spadez
    -Named rival Gary
    -Recieved a Charmmander
    -Caught a Pidgey
    -Beat Brock with Level 15 Charmander
    PokemonRedBrock.png

-Beat Misty Pidgey did most of the work and charmander came in for last hit
    PokemonRedMisty.png

-Caught a diglett
    -Got cut on the SS
    -Beat Lt. Surge with Diglett's Dig
    PokemonRedSurge.png

Last edited:

boyblunder

[span=“background:#dc4b3 8 url('https://i.imgur.co
    Years
  • Can I use Pikachu, even though there is a pichu? Cuz pichu's a baby poke.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I have completed this challenge!

kantobasic.png

It took me a while because I had to do a lot of grinding before the Elite Four. I got my team up to lvl. 55 before I decided to have a go at the E4. Lorelei was actually the hardest of the lot, I had Pikachu firing off Thunderbolts and an attempted Sunny Day/Clorophyll/Solarbeam strategy planned with Exeggcute, but it all fell apart and I ended up just scraping a victory with just two Pokemon left standing.

Bruno was much easier - Exeggcute/Duduo took care of the fighters, Squirtle wiped the floor with the Onixes. Agatha took a while because her first Gengar implemented an annoying Double Team tactic, but the rest of her team went down with minimal casualties. My victory over Lance was surprisingly comfortable - Pikachu > Gyarados; Squirtle and Porygon (Ice Beam TM) > Dragonairs; Rhyhorn > Dragonite and Aerodactyl. The real challenge came in the form of Blue (as all Kanto rival must always be named).

Rhyhorn damaged Pidgeot but Blue decided to switch out to absorb a second Rock Slide with Rhydon. Two can play at that game, I thought, and switched to Exeggcute to take an Earthquake and Giga Drain his health away. Switching in Pikachu, I took off most of Gyarados' health but then fainted from Thrash. The amazingly quick Doduo finished it off with Drill Peck. Back to Rhyhorn to finish off Pidgeot, then back to Doduo to face off against Venusaur. The first Drill Peck didn't quite do it, and then some twist of luck caused Venusaur to, after using Sunny Day, somehow outspeeding Doduo and hitting a critical to knock him out. Luckily, Exeggcute outspeeds everything in sunlight, so a Psychic finished Venusaur off. I decided to keep in Exeggcute against Arcanine to take best advantage of the sunlight, and luckily got a crit with Psychic to bring it down to under half health. Flamethrower destroyed her of course, but Squirtle, managed to absorb attacks until the sunligth wore off and I could finish the dog off with Surf. Then came the final Pokemon of this challenge, Alakazam. Bill the Porygon took a Psychic and then hit with Tri Attack, which luckily froze him, leaving me to easily finish him off with a second Tri Attack. And with that, I became the new champion of Kanto, and I believe the first person to complete this challenge.

Final team:

Jerry (Squirtle)
    Spr_3f_007.png

Lvl. 56
    - Surf
    - Brick Break
    - Bite
    - Blizzard
    Became somewhat less useful towards the tail-end of the challenge - his lack of speed and low HP somewhat hampering him. But he was useful, and as Squirtle is adorable and got to hold Blackglasses like Ash's used to, I was happy.

Angelus (Doduo)
    Spr_3f_084.png

Lvl. 56
    - Drill Peck
    - Fly
    - Steel Wing
    - Tri Attack
    Possibly the MVP of the challenge. The lack of diversity in the moveset was annoying at times, but most of the time it didn't matter because he consistently hit so hard and so fast with his STAB moves (Drill Peck, my heart belongs to you).

Kirby (Pikachu)
    Spr_3f_025.png

Lvl. 56
    - Thunderbolt
    - Mega Kick
    - Dig
    - Thunder Wave
    Kinda fell victim to the same problems as Squirtle and became less useful towards the end of the challenge outside of his main STAB move. His low Atk stat kinda hampered his ability to abuse his decent moveset. But he was invaluable at any rate, if solely for Lance/Blue's Gyarados', and Lorelei.

Eliza (Exeggcute)
    Spr_3f_102.png

Lvl. 56
    - Psychic
    - Sunny Day
    - Solarbeam
    - Giga Drain
    She wasn't as useful in the E4 as I thought she might be, but she played a part nonetheless and played it well. Even in the remakes, Psychic is rather overpowered thanks to the lack of Dark-types (and only Magnemite/ton for Steel) in the regional dex, which gave her an advantage.

Bertha (Rhyhorn)
    Spr_3f_111.png

Lvl. 56
    - Rock Slide
    - Earthquake
    - Strength
    - Scary Face
    A really solid and surprisingly awesome Pokemon. Slow, but as long as you kept her far away from leaves and water, she could take several hits and dish them back out twice as hard. Couldn't have done the challenge without her. Tied for MVP with Doduo.

Bill (Porygon)
    Spr_3f_137.png

Lvl. 56
    - Psybeam
    - Shock Wave
    - Ice Beam
    - Tri Attack
    Simply obtaining this Pokemon and the Ice Beam TM left me in financial ruin - I barely had two Pokedollars to rub together when it came to stocking up on healing items for the E4 - but that doesn't matter because it was worth it. Despite not having the strongest attacks in the world, he hit very hard and the type diversity was a massive help. He was surprisingly fast and could even take a couple of hits.

I enjoyed this challenge. It provides a good amount of difficulty without being at all restrictive in choosing which Pokemon you want to use. I got to use some Pokemon I'd never used before too. I might do a second challenge on Emerald or Platinum, depending on how much time I have on my hands.

Years
  • Update
    Spoiler:

Last update:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'll accept your challenge, BUT..

Currently, I'm in my college dorm, with Firered, Sapphire, Heartgold, and Platinum laid out in front of me.
    I've decided on firered. Very familiar, classic, and fun.

Update:
    -Chose Charmander, beat Blue (rival) with 1HP left.
    -Caught a Pikachu in Viridian Forest.
    -Beat Brock with Charmander at level 15. Haven't trained Pikachu at all.
    -Obtained the running shoes.
    -Made it through Mt. Moon.
    -Made it to Bill's house.
    -Cleaned out the SS. Anne.
    -Caught a Diglett.
    -Beat Misty with Charmander at level 30. Pikachu hit level 20. Diglett at 25.
    -Move to Lt. Surge. Beat him with Diglett alone at level 30.
    -Obtained flash, teaching it to level 13 paras. (later replaced with one from the safari zone.)
    -Cleared Lavender Tower, and made it to Celadon.
    -Beat Erika with Charmander at level 39, Pikachu at level 31, but charmander did everything.
    -Made it through the safari zone.
    -Currently trying to beat Koga. ****ing Muk...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back