• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Unofficial Pokecommunity Grand Live Tournament V.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsOfFaith

What's Pokemon?
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2008
    (U)noffical (P)okecommunity (G)rand (L)ive (T)ournament V.1

Prizes:
    For the prizes I have dug up a few of my iv bred pokemon, these are not to be redistributed under any circumstances!!

- Will edit in later.

Rules:
    1) Format: Single elimination (lose and you're out), 6 on 6, Single Battle.
    2) Pokemon Level: All Pokemon will be set to Level 100 using the Lv.100 Single option on Wi-Fi.
    3. Species Clause: You may not use two or more of the same Pokemon on your team. Violators will be disqualified.
    4) Sleep Clause: You may not intentionally put more than one of your opponent's Pokemon to sleep at the same time. Sleep induced by Rest and Effect Spore doesn't count, but you may not put another of your opponent's Pokemon to sleep if one is already asleep from Effect Spore. Violators will be disqualified.
    5) Evasion Clause: You cannot use moves and items that increase your evasiveness. If a Pokemon with Sand Veil or Snow Cloak is present on your team, you may also not use moves or Pokemon that will activate those abilities. Activating those abilities through your opponent's moves or Pokemon is allowed. Violators will be disqualified.
    6) Disconnecting: It is expected that when a match starts for a tournament, a person's DS is fully charged and has a very stable connection. A person in a tournament must also be in a situation that will not distract them or cause them to give their orders slowly, such as being under the table. If a disconnect happens within the first five turns, a rematch can occur, but if it is any later than that, a loss will be given to the person who is losing or would lose (usually the person who disconnects). This may not always apply. If someone who is winning is disconnected, a rematch can usually occur as well, since likely, it is due to actual problems (after all, most disconnects happen with the person losing). Report all cases of being disconnected in this thread or contact the Director immediately.
    7) Hax Clause: No hax items, or items that increase luck, may be used. The following are hax items:

~ BrightPowder
    ~ Focus Band
    ~ King's Rock
    ~ Lax Incense
    ~ Lucky Punch
    ~ Quick Claw
    ~ Razor Claw
    ~ Razor Fang
    ~ Scope Lens
    ~ Stick

Anyone suspected to be using these items will have their team subject to inspection. Obvious violators will be disqualified.

8) Cheated Pokemon: Anyone using cheated Pokemon (that is, Pokemon with illegal stats, abilities, or attacks) will be disqualfied.
    9) One-hit KO Moves: Using the moves Horn Drill, Fissure, Guillotine, and Sheer Cold is forbidden. Anyone using any of these moves will be disqualified.
    10) Banned Pokemon: These Pokemon may not be present on anyone's team:

~ Arceus
    ~ Darkrai
    ~ Deoxys (All Forms except S)
    ~ Dialga
    ~ Giratina
    ~ Groudon
    ~ Ho-Oh
    ~ Latias
    ~ Latios
    ~ Lugia
    ~ Kyogre
    ~ Manaphy
    ~ Mew
    ~ Mewtwo
    ~ Palkia
    ~ Rayquaza
    ~ Wobbuffet
    ~ Wynaut

Anyone using any of these Pokemon will be disqualified.

Members Participating:
    1) WingsOfFaith
    2) PhantomSyndrome
    3) omgitishim25
    4) Elite Master
    5) joangaes
    6) Cody B
    7) lucaslucario
    8) HazaBaraFatale
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)
    13)
    14)
    15)
    16)
    17)
    18)
    19)
    20)
    21)
    22)
    23)
    24)
    25)
    26)
    27)
    28)
    29)
    30)
    31)
    32)

Substitutes:
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

* Subs will only be used to replace inactive people in the 1st round only. If anyone goes inactive in the second round or any after then you will automatically be disqualified and your opponent gets a waiver to the next round.

{First Round}

{Second Round}

{Third Round}

{Semi Finals}

{Finals}

Champions
    V.1 -

Last edited:

WingsOfFaith

What's Pokemon?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2008
    Ok. Everything has been updated. Just remember to read the rules, and stay active.

WingsOfFaith

What's Pokemon?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2008
    You should have some sponsors and Other prizes.Ill donate some stuff for the prize.
    I will think about a sponsor idea if the tournament works out, and I have a very nice Heatran to give to the champion, but I really appreciate the help.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    I think if we cant get enough we should just lower the tournament from 32 people to 16 or something. Or have 20 and then there can be like a losers match or something.

WingsOfFaith

What's Pokemon?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2008
    I think if we cant get enough we should just lower the tournament from 32 people to 16 or something. Or have 20 and then there can be like a losers match or something.
    Yeah. If we cant get 32 members. I wil cut it to 16, and im not sure if I want to have a losers match. Nice suggestions, though.

If anyone can make me a banner for this tournament, then that would be great.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Fine why not? Sign me up.

Years
  • ill join the tournament please but have you forgot to put regigigas on the uber list or are you allowing it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back