• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Unova elite four could've been a lot more difficult.

Years
    Things in the E4 become very spiced up once you get the national Dex.. I actualy liked the fact seeing Pokemon owned by the E4 having levels up and beyond 80.. which is the strongest I have seen for the E4 excluding Alder (call me wrong though if I am)

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
    You could probably beat them with just bug, psychic, and dark types.

After the finishing the E4 and N I transfered 5 pokemon from SS to Black, since the party's mainly ghost, bug, dark, and physic the E4 the second time was too easy, Alder wasn't a big challenge either. :/

Years
    Seeing that Hydreigon doesn't evolve until level 64, maybe make the Elite Four 10 levels higher? It would give the enter main game a challenge and it is possible. Which would mean the post-game would be level 70-75 and maybe Alder uses a Level 87 Volcarona! I would like to see that. :D

Sean

Years
    I honestly thought the Elite 4 was a joke.

I was expecting more of a challenge when I easily defeated all the gym leaders, but to my bitter disappointment, the Elite 4 were pretty underleveled and had only 4 pokémon each. Then Ghetis wasn't exactly difficult with the fact you got Zekrom/Reshiram to help you at the end really.

The re-challenge is good though, all being in the lv 70s, but by the time you finish exploring the new routes & battling the powerful trainers such as leader of Game Freak etc, you're pretty much at the same level as the Elite 4, and the fact you can trade pokés from your old games to Black/White didn't exactly help.

The game wasn't appealing to me, hopefully the remake/new game is better.

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
    I can't say I was too happy with Unova's E4 either both the first time around and the rematch. I'm not sure what could've been done to make them better because they all use types that are fairly easy to win against anyway.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2011
    Also, after the main game they give you access to level 70 volcaroanas and tyranitars... I just caught both of them and easily defeated the elite four the second time.

Onyx_X

The Onyx Knight
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    I personally didn't find beating the Elite Four the first time very easy. My strongest pokémon must have been around level 45, at that point. I gave up multiple times to train, but I never ended up training. I just decided to go on and do my best, so I beat them. I guess it's pretty simple, though, if you know what your doing. Ghetsis' Hydreigon was evil, it kept 1HKO-ing my pokémon!

Yeah, even the first time you fight them, unless you cheat or grind, they are by no means easy.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2011
    Nothing is remotely wrong with the Unova Elite Four's Pokemon,but the levels could have been higher.The first three Pokemon could have been 55 and the last one level 58

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    Honestly, I had a somewhat difficult time with the Unova Elite Four.
    I'd say they were about as difficult as every other region's Elite Four.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Their levels were set to the 40s on purpose. The 2nd time is the true challenge.

Somni

Robot Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2016
    I agree, the elite four in BW was not that strong. I was surprised, I usually train loads before tackling them, but this time it wasn't that great. I can see why Nintendo wanted us to come out as the Hero but still, at least the rematches should have been quite a challenge.

Aquamentis

Touhoumon Master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Apr 22, 2016
    I actually did find the E4 (first round) very easy because my Scrafty was one of my strongest pokemon in the team and dominated nearly everything except the fighting types.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I kinda disagree. I struggled against Marshal initially, which wasn't even because my Pokemon were that overlevelled, I just...idk, had nothing to beat him with. It was only after levelling up a looot that I finally got to defeat him and the rest of the elite four. And honestly? I'm still afraid of taking them on a second time, which is why I still haven't beat the elite four post-game. :x

This e4 was definitely harder than the ones from past games, imo.

Back