• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: The unused music in Pokemon titles

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Had this idea a while ago when I was listening to the BDSP OST and happened upon a couple uploads of unused tunes. This one in particular - it was surprising to see (well, hear) such a different take on the Dragon's Den theme of all things.

The article will basically go through in chronological order and showcase unused music in the Pokemon video games, with a youtube embed of the tune and some brief musing of my own on each one. If it gets long I might make it a mutlipage article to split things up.

Challenge mode - doing the same for spinoff titles! Which I'm not opposed to including, but I'll need more time to research and check those, while I already know of various Game Freak examples.

Thoughts?

Years
  • I'll +1 straight away, but would be interested to see where this goes. Mostly to see if it's a similar sort of sound that's ditched, same areas, etc etc.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I think the spinoff idea can be its own (spinoff) article. But both ideas are very good; people love learning about beta and unused content. Newer titles usually aren't explored as thoroughly, and there are still things to be discovered about older games.

+1, but question: Will this also go over the unused "alternate" music tracks within a game? For example, there's a lot of unused gen 1 and 2 track remixes in RSE, but there are also some alternate versions of RSE's own music in the files (like the oddly looping Littleroot Town theme). Would these count as "unused" for the sake of this article?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I think the spinoff idea can be its own (spinoff) article. But both ideas are very good; people love learning about beta and unused content. Newer titles usually aren't explored as thoroughly, and there are still things to be discovered about older games.

+1, but question: Will this also go over the unused "alternate" music tracks within a game? For example, there's a lot of unused gen 1 and 2 track remixes in RSE, but there are also some alternate versions of RSE's own music in the files (like the oddly looping Littleroot Town theme). Would these count as "unused" for the sake of this article?
    I'm fine with leaving spinoffs to their own article for now.

I'm fine with covering alternate music tracks, at least briefly. I may also include tracks only heard in the Japanese versions of the games; e.g. Crystal had a few.

Back