• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Fighting the Pokémon Extermination (OOC Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    I thought there was no Poke-speak... >.>

Also, I haven't been able to keep up because of my interruptions >.< What'd I miss?

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
    Well, the speak originally started as a converstion between Matsuko and Kensai's pokemon...

Also, I don't TECHNICALLY break the rule, because the poke-speak parts are all written from Matsuko's POV...

But to summarize...

Ikiji (me) snuck off to scout out the PXS camp. While there, he reported what he found to the Uprising HQ, where Kensai blurted it over the intercom, then took off for the camp to attack.

Meanwhile, Ikiji sabotaged the tank, but nearly got caught by a PXS officer, who almost saw through his disguise.

Kensai & Matsuko went after him, took out a PXS patrol, arrived at the camp, set up a plan, snuck in, and saved Ikiji. Then a very angry Matsuko gave Ikij a stern electrically-reinforced scolding.

As it stands, Kensai and Ikij, both disguised as PXS, are about to launch a covert attack on the camp, snatch as many pokeballs as possible, break everything else, the nrun like hell.

That about sums it up.

The alarm was given in HQ too, so...

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
    Right, okay, Ikiji is a genius. Gotcha. *sigh* I wish I could effectively pull of rping a genius. It doesn't work for me because, unfortunately, I don't know what being a genius would probably feel like. Shame, ain't it?

I reckon somebody should break the flow. In a while, they'll get ten pages all to themselves. I'm stoutly waiting here on the basis that whatever I post will probably confuse everybody even more. Including me.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
    We're making our escape, and will be back at HQ shortly.

So, the two-manning will be done, and you can feel free to jump in.

Kenji_Shinra

Green's Uberfan!
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2010
    Trainer
    Name: Kenji Shinra
    Appearance: Kenji is a regular, lazy, non-athletic teen who loves pokemon. He's about 5'4 and pretty skinny. Kenji usually wears a pair of jeans and a black collared shirt. Depending on where he is, he sometimes wears a dark grey jacket he keeps in his dark blue messengar bag. His hair is the kind that for some reason, defies all sorts of gravity and just spikes up in a weird fluffy sort of way. His nickname in school was actually 'Fluffy'. Along with his 'wardrobe' Kenji wears black rimmed glasses since his eyesite his worse than most adults he knows.
    Personality: Kenji is somewhat peaceful though tends to easily get into fights with the people he is close to and can trust. When it comes to training, he does none whatsoever unless he is actually FORCED to by others. Besdies that, Kenji can lay in bed for hours and hours until the late afternoon before he actually gets up and does anything.
    Background: Reluctant to let his partner get harmed or deported, Kenji ran away with his Larvitar, hoping to get away safely. Upon getting lost however, his is brought in by the Uprising and trained like the others. Unlike everybody else though, he has no intention of going all out and fighting against everybody against the Uprising and only hopes to keep his Larvitar safe although his point of view does start to change when he starts meeting other trainers.
    Other: Tyran's moves are:Bite, Leer, Sandstorm, and Rockslide
    RP Sample:
    "Wake up! Wake up already brother!"
    "Whaaah?!" Kenji said as he got up from his bed his little sister shaking his arm. "Get up already! The-these people, their looking for you. They're downstairs already! Mom's talking to them bu-but you've got to get away!" His little sister Yuki shouted at him. "Crap!" he shouted as he jumped out of bed. Kenji was one of the few in his small town who had kept his pokemon instead of giving it up like the others. Thinking quickly, he grabbed his messenger bag and stuffed a change of clothes in there as he grabbed his Larvitar Tyran's pokeball and stuck it in his pocket. Looking out of his window, making sure nobody was looking outside, Kenji jumped out into the darkness of night. Upon landing on the ground, he could hear the police argueing inside of his house. Thanking his mom for holding them off, he ran off into the woods not caring where he went.​

After several hours of a mix of running and walking, Kenji stopped and sat down under a tree, exhausted and lost. He looked around, not noticing anything familiar and took out his pokeball. Inside was the pokemon that had saved him from a wild Sentret that had attacked him when he was younger. During that time, the Larvitar had been injured and Kenji had not known what to do. Panicking, Kenji ran about town looking for help when he came upon a traveling professor who was wandering around the world to observe pokemon in their habitats. By luck, he had had a potion on his for use on his own pokemon. The professor had healed the Larvitar and gave Kenji a pokeball to use on it so he could get his first pokemon. Kenji could remember the happiness his mother had on his face when he had brought the larvitar home with him although he never found out why she had been so happy. Kenji simply dismissed it as her mother being a pokemon lover but...​

Suddenly his thoughts were interrupted as he heard something move though the bushes. Cautious, Kenji stood up and let out Tyran, "Tyran go! Use BITE!" As Tyran rushed forward, he was suddenly pushed back by some sort of psychic force.

((could you pm me the story thus far and how I can enter the story))​

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
    Just an FYI, there's a freed Raichu wandering around the HQ looking for a trainer to join. If you want him, feel free to claim him. He was rescued from the PXS by Ikiji. He's up for grabs.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
    Sure, go ahead.

Opposite for me. I got nothin' to do, so I'm playing J*US between posts.

Awesome game, btw. No pokemon, though, which sucks.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    @Frozen, Empoleon & Kez - I'm OK with letting any of you start the tag battle ;)

And, I know this isn't really the place for it but heck, who wants to exchange D/P/Pt Friend codes?

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
    WOW! Dream'sEpilogue and Doomagedon have monopolized almost three pages of the RPG and it read great!

Oh my Arceus, do I get tax deduction by taking part of an RPG with such a crazy update pace?

I'll try to do something, anything, later... my character is still resting somewhere just outside the town, and I intend to keep him there for some more time, now that there are news of TANKS!!!!! :D

I'll see you all later...

shep

Water Pokemon Trainer OC profile
    Years
    Thanks for accepting my character. I don't think I'll make him a gym leader here though, I think that may force a bit too much but thanks a lot. The original thread said only one Pokemon. Could I possibly access my other water gym pokemon once things get heated?

I'll be making my entrance now probably at the center, my character will be confused and such as he still doesn't understand what is going on around here.

Last edited:

shep

Water Pokemon Trainer OC profile
    Years
    I had my character being confused traveling along this new region where he sees the PXS in the distance assuming those ahead will be friendly.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
    Yeah. So I'm on at 2:30 on a school night. I have insomnia. It isn't fun.

@shep: That's the PXS camp Kensai and Ikiji decimated. They probably won't be too happy to see what they'll think is another Uprising member wandering into their ruined camp.

Also, Ikiji's having a very disturbing dream...

Last edited:

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
    (btw warden we already trashed the outpost so...yeah, the ones that are there are prolly cleaning up bodies or dealing with the damage)

My post is meant to happen just before the camp gets trashed so the carnage hasn't happened yet. Read the end bit the message that was given out before the camp gets trashed is the same message near the end of my post.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
    Well, after giving the PXS heavy armor among other things, I feel like I kinda unbalanced it for the Uprising. i mean, I know its supposed to be that wayu, but still.

I'm going to have Ikiji call in some firepower for the Uprising. Any objections?

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
    DE: Yes, I do have an objection. I already have something planned, don't you worry.
    I've gotten really lost and therefore don't know how to post. What has all happened?

Kenji: Your SU doesn't work because your character is just joining and therefore couldn't have been with the Uprising. The Uprising has only been going on for a few years, if even that long, so it couldn't have raised your character in the first place. (though... your character could have been one of the ones captured in Shadow Valley)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back