• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Fighting the Pokémon Extermination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    <Alex, do you recognise her?> Tock asked Alex. He screwed his face up a little, trying to bring up some memory. He'd only been with the Uprising for not long at all.

<Nope.> He shook his head. <Never.> He'd only been in the Uprising a short while after all. Although, telling Pokémon apart was like people telling people apart. Easy but infuriating at the same time. Alex racked his brain again for any memories, but none came up.

"What, what is it?" Josh whined at Alex, who clicked his beak. It was kind of a 'shut up, the parent's are speaking' click. Josh crossed his arms in frustration and pulled at one of Alex feathers. It didn't hurt him, it was just Josh's way of saying 'that's enough' when he pulled his tricks. Although it was more of general annoyance this time.

<Josh has all kinds of berries in his bag. Just pull one out for her when you need it,> Alex said to the Raichu, clicking his beak again at Josh.

Last edited:

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    As Beo was about to jump on Blaze's back and follow after Chris, Kez came stumbling out of the door.

"Kez!" Beo shouted as Kez looked up to see him climbing on Blaze's back.

"Beo good your ok" Kez said back.

"Yeah but I was worried man, I couldn't find you anywhere" Beo said back..

"I was kind of locked in a closet for a short while but i'm here now" Kez said to Beo.

"So then whats the plan?" Beo asked Kez.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • Chris looked down at the earth below as he and his pokemon made their way to the outer wall. The city looked like a ghost town compared to when Chris first arrived there. By now, everyone must have been on the outer wall, readying themselves for the upcoming PXS attacks.

A cold wind blew across the sky, causing Chris to shiver in the cold. The weapon mounted on his back as well as the steel on his blade were ice cold from the temperation. A light snowfall had begun, and he could only hope that it would slow down the PXS, and give them a little more time to prepare. The two Pokemon on his shoulder as well as the Charizard he rode on were surprisingly quiet, perhaps sensing something that he didn't.

Soon, the solemn journey as over, and the outer wall was in sight. A Pidgeot that looked a lot like was perched on the outer wall next to a group of people. Pokemon stood by their side as they made final preparations and talked strategy

"Char. Let's land near those trainers." Chris said, directing the Charizard where to land. With a mighty roar, the Pokemon started his descent through the icy air. The people down below grew larger and larger as they made thier descent. Soon, Chris could make out Ashi, Sar, and Paul standing and talking to others on the wall. Chris couldn't help but smile at the fact that he had found the rest of the group without even trying. Usually, it would take hours for him to find them.

Char landed on the icy wall, skidding a few feet before digging his claws into the ground to stop his advance. Chris quickly pet the Charizard before he jumped off of the Pokemon, Sakura and Dile still balanced on his shoulder.

"So..." Chris began, walking up to Ashi and Sar. "What's up?"

(OOC: Yay! Postedededededed :))

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
  • "So, what's up?" A guy walking towards them asked. Sar looked at him. He seemed familiar, but she couldn't place where she'd met him. Probably from last night, when she was so exhausted she wouldn't have been able to tell red from blue. Sar shrugged at him, reaching up to tug worriedly on her earring. And my hair's all messed up. It's stupid; I think I'll cut it short... Sar frowned to herself. Since when did she care about her hair? But it was a hindrance, and it wasn't like her father was around anymore to rebel against.

Briefly, she wondered what Josh was doing. He seemed just like the kind of idiot who would give a motivational speech to his Pokemon, about right and wrong, believing in them, 'truth, justice, freedom' and whatnot. But she couldn't really say; she'd only known him... several hours. It feels so much longer. I only arrived yesterday and now I'm gonna die - might die, Sar corrected herself, in a war that I had no idea would happen in the first place. She was an idiot. How many times would she have to think that until it got through to her head?

Tock had to resist indifference when looking at the paralysed Pidgeot. She flipped Josh's bag open without his permission and fetched a Chesto Berry, although she wasn't even sure that her victim was asleep. She gave it to the Raichu and told him to feed it to the Pidgeot. He complied and she waited for her to wake up. Either way, whether she had been feigning sleep or had really been hit, she would be awake now.

<So, you part of the Uprising? Where's your trainer? Who's your trainer? What's your name? Isn't that sparkling icy wall so pretty? How do we know you're a part of Uprising? Well?> She said, firing questions off in an almost lazy manner. It meant that she didn't particularly care what the answers were, she was looking for an excuse to get Raichu to shock the other bird. Raichu stared at her.

<What've ice walls got to do with anything?> He asked Alex from the corner of his mouth.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
  • Yassan leaned against the city wall, causally tossing Tyranitar's ultra ball in his left hand as he glanced at the people running around. Fools. He thought, They stand there, or run around and lose their heads believing they're helping or that they're professional soldiers. He smirked and watched others hurry past- trainers, shopkeepers, these 'Guardians' and a few members of the Uprising, many of whom showered him with condescending glances as he was doing nothing to help. Putting Tyranitar back into his jacket pocket, he ambled up the wall's stairs and walked over to a middle-aged man with some sort of hunting rifle scanning the horizon. "What're you doing with that thing? I heard PXS has tanks." The man faced him and paled. "Tanks? How could they get..." Yassan cut him off abruptly. "They're a government organization, meaning they have access to government property, which means they'll have trucks, tanks, and probably helicoptors." The man looked at his rifle in a crestfallen manner, then looked at Yassan again. "So, what should I use?" Yassan nearly snorted in disbelief. "Use your Pokemon, it isn't that hard to blast a tank apart with a Gyarados or roast troops with a Magmar." The man glared at him. "Pokemon are creatures, not tools of war." Yassan shrugged and turned his back on the man, after all; he hadn't seen what Yassan had seen back in Hiojiin. "Hyper Beam, Dragon Rage, Flamethrower?" he called over his shoulder. "Do those sound like tools of peace or tools of war? Pokemon are living weapons, tools even; whether you realize it or not."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    "So, what's up?" Ashi looked over to the boy walking over to them, it was Chris. She remembered him from the sewers in Crystal City and waking him up when they were camping. And that was about it. Ashi blinked a few times, realising she barely even knew most of the new Uprising members. She didn't even dignify the question with an answer, since it was obvious anyways. Two answers, the sky or 'well, I don't know, maybe a war?'

<What've ice walls got to do with anything?> The Raichu asked Alex. He grinned (if birds could actually grin) sheepishly.

<Shake up the conversation, confuse the target,> Alex said. <all prime tactics in annoying the target.> Alex himself was a prime mischeif maker. Now wasn't the time for tricks, but usually he'd be making all kinds of mayhem.

"It should be time soon," Josh murmed to himself softly.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • The announcement passed by him like a blur. They were there about to train for the last time and then it came and hit him. Charlie's body froze. "PXS is coming?" he mummered to himself still frozen from the news.

Charlie's thoughts drifted back and forth throughout his experience's with PXS. "My Grandfather was PXS? The PXS are our enemies? PXS want to destroy pokemon's relationship with humans? My grandfather raised my father?" Charlie was pacing mad, he did not have a clue as to what to do at all.

Most of the members had already been preparing or headed of to spoil the base. Should Charlie join them? He didn't know. The only thing that had ever calmed him down was the one he wished to speak to, Isabel. She was still there too.

He carefully shuffled her way silently and spoke with a tremble, "Isabel, I'm scared".

OOC: Sorry it was short... I was short on time >.<

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • Ashi didn't even dignify the question with an answer, instead giving him a dull look. Only then Chris realized how stupid it sounded. His cheeks soon turned a bright shade of red. Chris quickly looked away, trying to avoid showing his face. "I mean... um... besides the whole PXS thing...yeah..." Chris stuttered, trying to make up for his error. Behind him, Char let out a roar which Chris swore sounded like a stifled laugh.
    ----------------------------------------
    Dile and Sakura jumped off of his shoulders, perhaps sensing an awkward moment, and walked away.

<Check it out!> Dile whispered, pointing over to where a group of Pokemon were talking. <It's those Pokemon from earlier!>

<That's nice.> Sakura replied in an uninterested tone.

<Whatever. I'm gonna go say Hi> Dile said, taking a step to the group.

<Wait!> Sakura exclaimed, grabbing Dile's tail. <Maybe... Maybe we should just stay here.>

Dile gave her a quizzical look. <What you so scared about all of a sudden?>

<Umm... Well the thing is...> Sakura paused and tried to find the right words as she looked over at the group. <Some of them seemed a little... off.>

Dile shot her a look. <Right. Well, even if you're not coming, then I'm heading over.> With that, Dile quickly turned and headed to the group of Pokemon. He spinted, then jumped, sliding on the ice floor and holding his arms out for balance. Fortunately, he timed it so that he came to a perfect stop right in between a Pidgeot and Raichu. <'Sup.> Dile said, giving the Pokemon a quick "head nodd".

With a sigh, Sakura followed and merged on the outside of the group. <Then again, Dile, you're a little off...> She mumbled, watching the Totodile attempt to show off.

(OOC: Short post, I know. (But it is late!) And now everyone is in a convo! Also, I am going to bed. GN!:t143:)

Last edited:

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • As Breeze had crashed in to the roof of a building, she hadn't seen it in the snow but she continued to fake being asleep. Something jumped on to her back, a Pokemon, it shoved a berry in to her mouth, the skin on the berry was hard but she broke through it with ease. A dry taste roled over her tounge, a chesto berry, they are trying to wake me up. Breeze looked round to see the Hoot-Hoot infront. The Raichu jumped off her back and landed near the other Pidgeot.

<So, you part of the Uprising? Where's your trainer? Who's your trainer? What's your name? Isn't that sparkling icy wall so pretty? How do we know you're a part of Uprising? Well?> The Hoot-Hoot began to question Breeze, but it was not putting effort in to it's interigation, it want's me to slip up, dam, I wish that I had been able to go through the file and learn the name of an Uprising member but Graham hadn't had the chance, stupid PXS don't care if about Pokemon.

Breeze could see the Pidgeot and Raichu talking but she couldn't hear them, the boy said somthing but it was snacthed away by the wind. I should have got away before they got this close to me. I'll try lying my way out of it.

<I'll start with my name, I'm Breeze. I'd ask you yours but as your suspicious of me and you have a Raichu ready to shock me the second I say somthing wrong, I don't think I'll get a reply. My trainer is down there in Frosty Gorge waiting for the PXS to attack. His name is Graham.> Breeze began to speak. Oh forget that, this was too difficult. Breeze flapped her wings rapidly creating a twister. The twister ingulfed the Hoot-Hoot, Raichu, Pidgeot and the Boy. Breeze did not waste any time she would have seconds if that before the Raichu gained focus and hit her with a blast of electricity. She flapped one last time, propelling hersel away form the building and off the roof top, then pointed herself towards the ground and folded her wings in. Without lift she experienced a moment of near weightlessness and then it was gone the pull of gravity had taken over and she began to hurtle towards the ground, all the time expecting to feel the a blast of electicity hit her square in the back. This is gone to be a rough ride.
    (OOC post her getting git by the attack but please let me post her crash down to the ground. I think that is Uprising 1: Graham 0 )

Last edited:

Sweet Dreams

Years
  • ((OOC: I always thought she already was on the ground, but whatever. :)))

<'Sup,> a Totadile suddenly asked after sliding to a stop in front of Raichu. He jumped and almost released the pent-up energy then and there. Instead, he hurried to go in front of the Totadile and keep the Pidgeot in his sights.

<Important interrogation kinda thing...> He said distractedly.

<I'll start with my name, I'm Breeze. I'd ask you yours but as your suspicious of me and you have a Raichu ready to shock me the second I say something wrong, I don't think I'll get a reply. My trainer is down there in Frosty Gorge waiting for the PXS to attack. His name is Graham.> The Pidgeot told them. The Raichu looked questioningly at Alex.

<Know anybody called...?> He started when a sudden Twister formed around them all. Tock merely sighed.

<I wanted to know what she thought about the wall,> Tock said wistfully, not seeming to mind being hurtled through space and being hit by bits of rock, sticks and snow.

When Raichu got his bearings, he knew that his Thunderbolt would be caught in the wind and swirled around before electrocuting them all, so he used Volt Tackle. He actually jumped off the roof and down into a freefall, following the Pidgeot before releasing a Thunderbolt. The electricity hit the escaping, yet still paralysed, Pidgeot on the back and he whooped in triumph.

<Yeah, take that, Upri... PXS!> He corrected himself. It was hard to kick old habits, and it was kind of sad to be shocking former teammates. He shook this feeling away, and prepared to land lightly on his feet.

Sar looked at the roaring Charizard. That was interesting; she'd never seen a real live one before. Then she realised her mind was focusing on all these little things because it couldn't quite believe there was a war going to occur right there in half an hour or so. Tock would know exactly how long, because Tock was a Hoothoot, and Hoothoot's always kept perfectly in time. For example, Tock always hooted at 7:45 every morning, sharp, no matter where she was.

I'm doing it again, Sar thought. Perhaps she did need a distraction, otherwise she would be panicking and stupid when PXS arrived and, therefore, dead meat. Walking over to the Charizard, Sar heard Burr's scurrying footsteps close behind. She merely looked at the Pokemon.

<Wow. A real life Charizard! I heard you're supposed to be really rare. Is it true that you die if your tail-flame goes out? How high can you fly? Can you drink water? Wow, you're big,> Burr asked eagerly, in contrast with Tock's interrogation from before. He scampered around the Charizard's feet before stopping and looking up at him with pleading eyes. <Can I please, please, please ride you? Not flying, just go on your back? I promise I won't nibble anything.>

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • Sakura chuckled at Dile's disbelieving look on his face. His jaw was gaped wide open and he blankly stared. He had just been blown of by the other Pokemon, and his ego had taken a huge blow. Sakura walked up to him, putting a paw in front of her mouth to block her expression. <Wow... I've never seen anyone that can ignore that large ego of yours.> She laughed. However, Dile continued looking straight ahead.

Finally, he slowly looked at Sakura, his eyes filled with confusion. The Raichu had clearly saw him, but walked right past. < I just-> Dile started to say, before, all of a sudden, a Twister formed behind him, eveloping the Hoothoot and Raichu. Instinctively, both Pokemon poised for a fight, turning and facing the Twister. Before they had a chance to react, the Raichu used Volt Tackle and hit the Pidgeot, sending it flying back. in a flash, the Raichu jumped off of the roof in pursuit.

The two fell scilent as the Raichu dissapeared. After a minute, Sakura broke the scilence, turing to Dile. <Told you they were wierd...>

----------------------

<What a klutz!> Char laughed/roared to himself as Chris screwed up something again. Ever since he was a Charmander, Char could remember Chris' spurts of good and bad luck.

<Wow. A real life Charizard!> a Raticate suddenly yelled, causing Char to turn his head in response. in front of him was a Raticate. <I heard you're supposed to be really rare. Is it true that you die if your tail-flame goes out? How high can you fly? Can you drink water? Wow, you're big,> The Raticate asked eagerly, scampering around the Char's feet. Suddenly, the Pokemon stopped in front of Char, looking up at him with pleading eyes. <Can I please, please, please ride you? Not flying, just go on your back? I promise I won't nibble anything.>

<Uhh...> Char paused, looking at the Raticate not really wanting to awnser the questions (If he could rememeber half of them), or more specifically, the last one. <Well...> Char once again tried to begin, but was distracted by the Raticate's pleading eyes. With a sigh and looking away, Char replied in a somewhat disgruntled tone. <Sure...>

(OOC: heheheh. Char's a sucker for the eyes and pleading Pokemon. And what a blow to Dile's ego! :))

Sweet Dreams

Years
  • ((OOC: Well, the poor Totodile needs to be brought down a peg or two. And Char, too - if he falls for the pleading eyes of a Raiticate, he's gonna be in big trouble whenever another Pokemon comes along...))

The Twister faded and Tock fluttered down next to the Pikachu and Totodile, having just noticed their presence. <Aren't the clouds pretty? Oh, and we were just questioning a PXS Pokemon. I suspect that she needs medical attention now, after trying to excape. Do you know where I can get some paint?> Tock asked casually, blinking her round, red eyes.

The other Pokemon stared at her, so she turned around and saw Sar and Burr inspecting a large, dragonoid creature. Tock then looked up at the sky, her eyes unfocused and ignoring the events around her.

The moment he received the Charizard's permission, Burr had carefully climbed up his hide and seated himself high up on the Charizard's neck. <Oh, thank you! Wow, you really are tall! Look, Sar seems tiny from here! Sar's the girl looking at you; the one with blue hair? She's my trainer. I'm guessing your trainer's the awkward one, right? Oh, wow, look at those wings! And horns! And claws! And your huge belly! I wonder why it's yellow? Oh, and that tail-fire thing. You breathe fire, right? Does that hurt? I forgot to ask Bon...> Burr scurried happily up and down his back, exclaiming over the simplest things.

Sar smiled at the Raticate's enthusiasm and the Charizard's evident discomfort, chuckling slightly when Burr got his paw singed from testing if the flame burning on the Pokemon's tail was real. She sat down, drawing her knees up to her chin as she watched the two interact. And the government wanted to wipe these creatures from existence! Sar gave her hundredth sigh that day. Burr didn't seem anxious about the fight at all, happily running amok on the Fire-Pokemon, keeping his promise not to bite or scratch him even by accident.

Last edited:

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
  • <Ugh...>

Matsuko was bored out of her mind. The battle-lust was building inside of her, and she was eager to show the PXS what she was made of.

With a start, she realized she had emerged from her cover and was pacing. As if sensing her anxiety, Ikiji spoke.

"Calm down. Getting worked up before the battle even begins won't do either of us any good. If you are truly that bored, why don't you go see what sort of defenses the Uprising is preparing?"

She glared at him, and her tail twitching in agitation.

<And leave you here to die when PXS attacks? I think not.>

"It's going to be a while yet. Besides, if they DO strike, rest assured the first thing I will do is find you. Now, go. Your pacing is making me nervous."

<Fine, whatever. If you die before I get back, I'll kill you.>

She took off before Kij could point out her conflicting threat, and ran further down the icy wall. She didn't have to run far before she stumbled on a group of people and Pokémon. Uprising.

Slowing her pace, she approached cautiously as she listened in on what they were saying. Then she heard something that sounded like whoosing wind, and a voice said something. It was pokemon. She couldn't hear what was said, but she recognized the dialect instantly, for it was her own.

Another Pikachu among the Uprising?

As she approached, she saw a Pikachu and a Totodile. She didn't really care about the Totodile, but she was curious about the other PIkachu. She rarely saw others of her kind.

She felt an uncharacteristic sprig of embarassment at the burnt fur-scar on her chest. Shame? No. Do not be ashamed. It is a mark of your mission, not a sign of weakness.

She wondered why she was fretting over something as simple as another Pikachu, but she brushed it aside. They had a while yet before PXS attacked, and she didn't meet others of her kind very often, so...

She walked up slowly and carefully behind the other Pika, and gave her a tiny jolt on the tail to get her attention.

<Um....hi. Good to know that I'm not the only Pikachu here fighting. You probably don't know me, but you've got nothing to worry about; I'm on your side.>

(Yeah....Matsu is EXTREMELY protective towards others of her species. Ironically, she can be a little socially awkward around other Pika's, though she has no problem with Pi's or Rai's.)

(BTW sorry if this is unwanted interaction, wolf.)

The warden

I'm back!
    Years
  • Breeze was flying once again she had dropped to as low as she could safely fly but she knew that any second she would feel the Raichu's attack. Flicking her head back for just as second she saw the Raichu leap off the building in to the air, she turned her head forwards again and tried to gain speed but it was too late. The Thunder bolt hit her square in the back, causing her to spasm, Breeze switly brought her self under control but was now partial paralysed. This had left her unable to control her flight porperly, she continued to glide slowly, then she noticed something. Paul, no it can't be, I'v got to get closer. Breeze folded her wings in and dropped the last foot to the ground, she dragged herself across to the ground closer to where Paul was standing. It is him, Graham must know of this stright away. However Breeze didn't get the chace to get to because she was now surrounded.

<I give up.> She said to the nearset Pokemon and then she folded her wings and sat still on the floor, which wasn't easy as she was strugling with paralysis. She just sat there and attempted to go to sleep despite the pain she was in.

Last edited:

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • The moment he received the Charizard's permission, the Raticate had carefully climbed up his back and seated himself high up on the Charizard's neck. <Oh, thank you! Wow, you really are tall!> Char groaned and rolled his eyes bowing a bit of fire out of the side of his mouth as he often did when he was annoyed. <Look, Sar seems tiny from here! Sar's the girl looking at you; the one with blue hair? She's my trainer. I'm guessing your trainer's the awkward one, right? Oh, wow, look at those wings! And horns! And claws! And your huge belly! I wonder why it's yellow? Oh, and that tail-fire thing. You breathe fire, right? Does that hurt? I forgot to ask Bon...> The Raticate scurried happily up and down his back, exclaiming over the simplest things. To be honest, Char couldn't figure out what the Raticate was so interested in. He had only been a Charizard for a day, and he was already over the whole change. Still, it was kind of flattering, but the whole "20 questions" thing was getting out of hand.

<Slow down, before you hurt yourself.> Char replied, <One question at a time, and-> Char stopped and quickly turned his head around. The Raticate was about to touch his tail. Before he could utter a response, the Raticate touched the open flame, burning it's paw. <Don't touch the tail...> He sighed and blew another stream of flame out of his mouth as the Raticate fell back in pain.

------------

Chris looked over at Sar, who in turn was looking over in Char's direction. Chris turned around, seeing a Raticate climbing all over Char. Chris laughed as Char shot a small spurt of fire out of the side of his mouth. From his experiences, Char normally did that when he was annoyed. "At least they look like they're having fun."Chris laughed, gesturing to the Charizard and Raticate.

-----------

The strange Hoothoot from earlier, flew down and landed in front of Sakura and Dile, resulting in Sakura letting out a sigh and a rolling her eyes. Dile's ego was still a bit wounded, and he was still feeling a bit down.

<Aren't the clouds pretty? Oh, and we were just questioning a PXS Pokemon. I suspect that she needs medical attention now, after trying to escape. Do you know where I can get some paint?> Tock asked casually, blinking her round, red eyes.

Instead of answering, however, Dile and Sakura stood there staring at the Hoothoot in a state of disbelief. Perhaps sensing this, the Hoothoot turned around and began looking at the sky, adding to the awkwardness level.

Suddenly, Sakura felt a tiny surge of electricity, hit her tail. Quickly she turned around, only to see another Pikachu standing behind her. Sakura's eyes instinctively fell onto the other's Pikachu's chest, where a burn mark dominated most of the region. Realizing what she was doing could be labeled as offensive, she quickly looked up at the Pikachu's face, hoping that the she hadn't seen her.

<Um....hi.> the other Pikachu said, <Good to know that I'm not the only Pikachu here fighting. You probably don't know me, but you've got nothing to worry about; I'm on your side.>

<That wasn't my first thought but hey!> Sakura said in a cheery voice and with a smile, slightly tilting her head sideways.. <I'm Sakura! Who are you?>

(OOC: Dream: Naw, it's fine. Were just all trying to buy time. Right? :))

Last edited:

Sweet Dreams

Years
  • <I give up,> the Pidgeot told him, wincing as she fought with paralysis. The Raichu landed, less lightly than he had hoped, having to roll to absorb the energy. He kept a guarding the Pidgeot as she closed her eyes, in case it was another ruse.

<And that, ladies and gentlemon,> he muttered, chuckling at his own lame pun, <Is how we do things here. Score!>

Burr didn't really mind that he had burnt himself. <That's a real fire, alright,> he said before limping up the Charizard's back. <It's nice of you to be so worried about me,> he commented cheerfully, settling himself on his neck, behind the twin horns on his head. His initial enthusiasm had worn off, and he sobered up quickly with his next question.

<Why did your trainer join the Uprising?> He asked. Everybody had their reasons to fight, to be willing to die. He was curious as to what these were, really.

On the ground, Sar looked up from her sitting position as she heard the owner of the Charizard laugh. "At least they look like they're having fun," he gestured to the pair. Sar grunted.

If Burr were there to translate, he would have told him that it was the equivalent to a 'I can tell, thank you very much all the same. And thank you for trying to talk to me, although I'm not all too thrilled about it.' Burr could get very detailed on a monosyllable of a non-word.

Sar grinned at him briefly in an attempt to try and make him not think she was some anti-social freak. She'd had enough of that in her hometown.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Isabel watched as the Uprising members raced past her to congregate by the city walls. It was chaos, but Isabel could tell that everyone was excited. This is what everyone had been waiting for, and now was the time to show PXS that they couldn't just take over the region without a fight. Now they would show what exactly the Uprising and the Guardians of Frosty Gorge were made of.

"Isabel, I'm scared," Charlie said from beside her with a tremble.

Isabel blinked. She didn't realize that other thoughts were running through everyone's minds as well. Thoughts of doubt, fear and hopelessness. What chance did a group of rebels and a secluded city have against a finely-tuned organization which had been fed by the region itself unwittingly?

Isabel looked at Charlie, wondering how to respond. Should she lie, or tell him the truth.

"Charlie..." Isabel starting, meeting the boy's eyes. "This is what we've been waiting for. All of us. This is our one chance to take on PXS head-on, and now we have some help from the Guardians. This is the best chance we've got to finally take them down," Isabel sighed. "But I'm not going to ask you to do anything that you don't want to do. I believe that a few of the people of Frosty Gorge will be evacuating the region on water Pokemon that aren't trained for battle. You... you can go out with them. Not many will be able to leave, but I'm sure there will be room for you. Just know this, Charlie: You've already helped to restore balance to the Katsu region. Together we have accomplished more than anyone expected of us, and it's because we all were working toward the same goal and were willing to make sacrifices to reach it. You didn't have to join the Uprising, and you don't have to fight this war any longer. But if you leave now, Charlie, you'll be missed.

(OOC: ARGH!!! I JUST CAN'T WRITE RIGHT NOW! Good thing I'm taking a writing workshop tomorrow ;) After FS posts, I'll start moving this forward.)

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • <I give up,> the Pidgeot told him, wincing as she fought with paralysis. The Raichu landed, less lightly than he had hoped, having to roll to absorb the energy. <And that, ladies and gentlemon,> he muttered, chuckling at his own lame pun, <Is how we do things here. Score!>

Dile laughed at the pun while Sakura rolled her eyes, before she continued on a conversation with the other Pikachu. *With any luck, maybe Dile and his ego will run off with the Raichu.* She thought to herself, chuckling at the idea. She turned back to the other Pikachu and returned to her cheery voice. <So... Where were we?!>

---------------------------------------------------

<1.. 2... 3... he's out!> Dile chuckled as he approached the Raichu. As he got closer, he realized that he had never seen the Raichu before. He decided he must of been one of the new member's Pokemon. <Friend of yours?> Dile asked, shrugging to the Pidgeot laying paralyzed on the ground.

-----------------------------------------------------

<That's a real fire, alright,> the Raticate said before limping up the Charizard's back. <It's nice of you to be so worried about me,> he commented cheerfully, settling himself on his neck, behind the twin horns on his head. Char, scoffed at the comment. If it weren't for the fact that Chris was here and that they needed the Pokemon for the battle, he would've eaten the rodent a long time ago. Thankfully, the intial enthusiasm had worn off, and the Raticatequickly sobered up. However, much to Char's dismay the Raticate asked yet another question.

<Why did your trainer join the Uprising?> The Raticate questioned, Charizard let out a sigh of releif as the Raticate didn't go on to ask one thousand more.

Char gazed over at Chris, thinking about the question. To be honest, he didn't really know why Chris had joined. Could've been the fact that he wasn't able to train Pokemon when he was younger and felt bad for the children living here, or could be the fact that he wanted to protect the Pokemon in the region. Memories flew through his mind, from the first time they had met in Kanto, to the moment when they had lost the league finals, to the time when he evolved. Suddenly, he realized that the Raticate was still expecting an awnser.

<To be honest, I don't really know. Something to do I guess...> Char suddenly realized the words that came out of his mouth probably put Chris in a different view then he would want to be seen. Quickly he changed the subject. <What about your trainer, why did she join?>

(OOC: CLEAR! *zap*
    Anyways, thought I'd post before it all went down the drain (Figuratively speaking :))
    And Dreams, Sakura will respond to Matsukoafter you post :classic:

Sweet Dreams

Years
  • <1... 2... 3... he's out! Friend of yours?> A Totodile approached the Raichu in an easy manner. He looked down at the Pidgeot as well. The sad thing was that if he had still been a part of PXS, then yes, he probably would have been friends with the Pokemon. Would probably have worked with her, fought or laughed, worried, complained together... He visibly shook himself out of it.

<Do we act like friends? She's part of... PXS,> he replied, feeling strange as he mentioned his former group in third person. <Spy or something. But the meister knocked her down good,> said the beaming Raichu, pointing at himself. He blinked, remembering the Hoothoot, and looked at her. She was staring blankly off into nothing. Weirdo, Raichu shook his head.

<Oh, right. I haven't got a name yet, but who're you?> He asked, his attention snapping back to the Water Pokemon.

The Charizard paused for a long while before answering Burr's question. <To be honest, I don't really know... Something to do, I guess...> He seemed to think that this would make Chris sound bad and redirected the question. <What about your trainer, why did she join?> Burr winced. Well, that backfired, he thought, thinking of an answer. Sar didn't like it when he got all mushy, especially to other people. But then again, who was the Charizard going to tell? Nobody human, at any rate.

<Well... I guess, in broad terms, Sar's doing it for the same reason.> He started, deciding to just say it aloud. <She's got nothing except me and Tock - a Hoothoot,> explained Burr, <and nowhere to run. So we've decided to fight. We're really in a corner. And she doesn't want to hurt any Pokemon. Now, people on the other hand, yeah, she can shoot them, no problem. She's really twisting herself up inside in case she misses and hits a Pokemon. Or Josh. Even though she won't say it, I know what she's thinking.>

He started rambling after the initial pause. <Just don't tell anybody that could tell her that I said that, okay? Ah, look, Sar wants me to go down now. Bye, thanks for the ride!> Indeed, down on the ground, Sar was beckoning to Burr.

She stood up, dusting her clothes off and wondered if there was a tap or something anywhere; she was dying for a drink. Probably not, she concluded, it would freeze up in a place this cold. Still, she was full of nervous energy, so she looked around for one, Burr scampering onto her shoulder.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • "No... Isabel I made a promise! I said I would grow strong and I said I would help! I'm not going back! I'll become a true man... Isabel." Charlie responded with a rising confidence.

"I may weak now, I may be helpless, but that doesn't mean I can't or will fight! I joined this place knowing what I was getting myself into... yet I was afraid... Well, no more! Isabel just like a pokemon can evolve, I will too! I trust you, now lead me... lead me to a better future! I want to see that dream come true... pokemon and humans coexisting... it's really possible!" Charlie continued while waving his frying pan as if he were making hand-gestures.

"Now Isabel... let's do this!" he shouted at her in the end no longer shaking like he was. He then beckoned out his hand as if he wished to take her somewhere.

OOC: Sorry, I haven't posted for a while ^.^'

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back